Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

After their time alone together Armand and Miss Feather meet up with Mr. Thunder and Quetzal.

"

   “Enough of this talk. Let’s have our run as Wolves together.” I said.

    I wanted to forget for a while the strange structure and Quetzal’s strange behavior and enjoy some alone time with Miss Feather. I wanted to have her to myself for as long as possible before I had to share her again with Mr. Thunder and Quetzal. And why did I feel this way I didn’t care to examine. It bothered me a lot that I did and it frightened me a little. It made me feel weak and vulnerable and I just didn’t want to seriously look at why.

    Miss Feather continued sitting there on the moss covered log looking up at me, waiting.

    I got off the log and held my hand out to her. “Come on Miss Feather. We’ll have plenty of time to talk about that other stuff. We came out here to run together, remember?”

    She put her hand in mine and let me help her off the log. “Alright Armand. I remember.” She said with a sigh. “Let’s have our run.”

    Before I could respond she shape shifted into her grizzly colored Wolf Form and shot off into the forest.

    I laughed with delight and shape shifted into my black Wolf Form with its scattering of white tipped hairs and raced after her.

    I let Miss Feather stay ahead of me as I followed her through the forest. We ran, moving like the wind, never touching a fern tip or leaf or even a twig. It was like something unreal. Only the wind of our passing disturbed the foliage in any way.

    How exhilarating it was being Wolf. I wanted to stop, tilt back my head and howl of the glory of it.

    And the very beautiful Miss Feather was a temptation as she fled before me and that sweet temptation kept me running behind her.

    Watching her running ahead of me was thrilling and exciting in a way. I didn’t understand. But it was a feeling that was becoming familiar to me.

    Would I ever understand?

    At the moment I really didn’t care. I’d let Miss Feather have the lead long enough. It was time for me to take control.

    And with an effortless surge I reached her and with a small leap I tackled her and took her to the forest floor.

    She rolled over on her back and I stood over her and lunged forward, putting my open jaws on her throat and closing them just enough, dominating her.

    And what a thrill that was! Dominating her!

    Me Alpha. Miss Feather Omega!

    Armand! What are you doing? Her alarmed words spoke in my mind.

    Taking what I want. I sent my words back to her.

    She moved a little where I held her prisoner between my four legs. Stop it!

    I tightened my hold on her throat. Why?

    We’re not a Pack.

    I laughed in her mind and released my hold on her throat and stepped away from her, releasing her.

    She jumped to her feet and faced me, growling.

    You liked that Miss Feather so just admit it.

    You like doing it!

    Yeah. I did.

    Miss Feather snarled.

    I ignored her and decided now was a good time to sing my song. I tilted my head back and howled.

    I put all my emotions and feelings into it.

    I wondered if Miss Feather would join me. I hoped she would. I knew she wasn’t angry at my little game of dominance, knew she had liked it.

    And she didn’t disappoint me. She joined me in my song, wove her words into mine making our songs complete and into one song, making two become whole.

    The joy of singing was so powerful, so overwhelming we kept it up, continuing our song and even repeating it several times.

     But the moment came when we both knew it was time to end our song.

    Time to tend to the business of the strange structure in that distant part of the forest.

    Soon it would be time to meet up with Mr. Thunder and Quetzal.

    I stopped singing. Miss Feather did as well.

    Let’s go meet up with Mr. Thunder and Quetzal. See if watching the structure from a distance is something they will agree to do. I said to Miss Feather, my words in her mind.

    Okay. Was her reply.

    Still in our Wolf Forms we loped back to our village, this time running shoulder to shoulder in a friendly, companionable way.

 

    We met Mr. Thunder and Quetzal at the place and time we agreed upon. As Miss Feather and I got there I could easily pick up on the tension between the two of them.

    I sighed. This was not good. Something must still be off with Quetzal.

    Mr. Thunder and Quetzal were both in their Human Forms at opposite ends of the clearing we agreed to meet at, both leaning against tree trunks and not talking.

    Not looking at each other either.

    I quickly shape shifted into my human form. Miss Feather did too.

    “Hi Mr. Thunder, Quetzal.” I greeted them.

    “Armand, Miss Feather.” Mr. Thunder greeted us.

    I noticed the look of relief in his yellowish brown eyes. I could tell he was very glad Miss Feather and I had arrived and he was no longer alone with Quetzal.

    That bothered me. What had been going on between them?

    Quetzal just grunted his greeting.

    “Let’s sit here and talk about what to do in regards to that structure we discovered.” I said, sitting down on the dry, soft, fir needled covered forest floor.

    Miss Feather sat beside me. Mr. Thunder sat on my other side.

    Quetzal just stood where he was, staring at us; his grey eyes not all that friendly looking.

    “Quetzal, what’s up?” I asked. “Aren’t you okay?”

    “I’m fine Armand. Let’s head out to the structure. What is there to talk about?” He came and stood beside me where we were sitting.

    “A lot.” I said. “I don’t think we should go charging back out there. It very well could not be safe.”

    Quetzal snorted his disgust at my words but sat down anyway.

    I breathed a silent sigh of relief. Then I said, “I think we should watch the structure from a distance. See who or what comes and goes from there. Try to stay downwind at all times, try to keep our presence hidden from who or what ever is living there.”

    “I like that idea.” said Miss Feather. I already knew she did. I hoped her quick agreement would convince Mr. Thunder and Quetzal too.

    “Sounds good to me.” said Mr. Thunder.

    “Sounds like we’re just a bunch of cowards. We should just be bold and confront them. We’re Wolf People, after all.” Quetzal said, his voice very angry.

 



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I'm sensing a lot of tension from Quetzal to the others. I'm still wanting to know what it was that he had seen within the structure or if something took over his better judgement. I said before I love the suspense. The constant wondering at the end of each chapter. I also am enjoying the chemistry between Armand and Miss Feather.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Miss Feather and Armand have a little fun together, that was fun reading. But Quetzal has a problem, something to do with that odd structure, no doubt.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm sensing a lot of tension from Quetzal to the others. I'm still wanting to know what it was that he had seen within the structure or if something took over his better judgement. I said before I love the suspense. The constant wondering at the end of each chapter. I also am enjoying the chemistry between Armand and Miss Feather.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love it! Quetzal definitely seems like soemthing is really wrong... It's cute to see into Armand's thoughts about Miss Feather :-)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awesome! I think something is seriously wrong with Quetzal. It was fun reading about Armand and Miss Feather's more light hearted moment.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This Quetzal is far too reckless for his own good. I hope he doesn't do anything stupid.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

403 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 21, 2010
Last Updated on March 26, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 34 Chapter 34

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 7 Chapter 7

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 12 Chapter 12

A Chapter by Tina Kline