Chapter One: Crescent Moon

Chapter One: Crescent Moon

A Chapter by Saika
"

The first few chapters are quite short but they will get longer

"

Octavian opened the door slowly and walked through, just like he did every day for the past year or so, but something was different, something was off. He glanced around. His eyes fell over to the oversized wolf lying on the couch.

“A werewolf?” He questioned, breaking the silence.

The wolf opened its canine eyes and glanced at Octavian. It was almost like he was grinning.

“Well of course!”  The wolf replied.

Octavian carefully set his files and Chinese food down and removed his coat, moving slowly and carefully.

James is a werewolf.

He shouldn’t be that shocked at all, James’s behaviour has always been… off. Octavian walked over to the desk where he had set his food down. He paused.

“Wait!” He turned to face James. “It’s not a moon night”

James looked up. “So what”

Octavian sighed “Hmm, I guess you are an exception then? How’d you control it?”

His lupine friend smiled slightly, it was almost a grin, but not quite there.

“I guess you won’t be turning back anytime soon?” Octavian asked

James flicked his ears “Not yet”

“Fine” Octavian sighed, walking over to the couch that was currently occupied by the oversized wolf. He stopped. He could have sworn he heard him growl, but James’s body language told a different story, his ears were perked up, tail is calm and his teeth hidden, he’s relaxed.

Octavian shrugged, and proceeded to move towards the couch, another growl, louder this time and more pronounced. He glanced at James.

“Really? You’re being a little territorial, aren’t you?”  Octavian said, slightly annoyed.

James nosed him away and Octavian sighed.

Octavian has better things to do that argue with a werewolf and he sighs, sitting at the table instead. "Insufferable canine," he mutters, and from the newly-claimed couch Octavian swears he hears James laughing.

Octavian looked down at his computer screen.

“We have a stray new-born wondering the streets, he is hiding out at an old warehouse” Octavian reported.

“I’m on it” James replied morphing into human form, he grabbed his coat and headed to the specified location.

-------------------------

Drake is being watched. He knows that much, it’s not a new feeling. Not these days anyway, however Drake can’t help but feel disturbed. This is something else and he can’t help but shiver.

His hands instinctively go for his gun.

He slips into an alleyway, hoping to throw of his pursuer. The network of alleyways should do the trick, they are dark and unwelcoming.

However the feeling of someone following him doesn’t leave and he quickly glanced behind himself, hoping to catch a glimpse of whoever is on his tail.

A dark flash. Drake freezes.

He looks again. Nothing.

Drake wearily walks forward, checking constantly behind him. Still nothing. Just the odd flicker, but he’s sure it’s nothing.

“Hello, anyone there?” He called out.

Silence.

“Hey, show yourself, I’m a cop, I’ll arrest you!”

Still Silence.

There's a flash of motion and Drake steps back.

He freezes. White teeth flash, bore in a grin, and a pair of gleaming wolf eyes blink slowly.

A werewolf. In broad daylight.

Because that’s what they do, it’s like a game, they stalk their prey. It’s what wolves do.

The big wolf blinks, and then is gone.

Drake sighs “Damn werewolves!”

-------------------------

"Some werewolf," Callahann's man laughs, kicking James. He growls, curling an arm protectively over his ribs and glares up at the man.

"Got any silver bullets?" a second mobster says.

His eyes gleam meanly. Behind them, Drake lies still, unconscious and hurt. His nose is broken. James can smell it. They hurt a pack member.

The wolf behind his eyes snarls viciously.

"I do have one,"

The first mobster says with a nasty grin. He pulls out the damn bullet and the stink of silver hits the air. James can't stop himself from growling lowly.

His ribs hurt and it's nowhere near the full moon, but the wolf is clawing to the surface, he can feel it.

"So, whaddya think?" The first mobster says to his partner. "Between the eyes, or should I let the dog suffer?"

The partner sniggers. "Shoot its leg. Let's see how long it lasts."

The first mobster grins, loading the bullet. "Maybe we should kill the cop first, huh? The wolf seems to like 'em. What'd you do, wolf, make 'em your pack?"

James's hackles go up and the wolf howls, demanding blood. No one hurts pack, it snarls. No one. The mobster grins.

No one, James tells the wolf, letting it up. He howls, claws bursting free, and the last thing the mobsters see are a blur of fangs.



© 2016 Saika


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on June 8, 2016
Last Updated on June 8, 2016


Author

Saika
Saika

Burton, Staffordshire, United Kingdom



About
There's really not much to say, I just like to write, mainly just stuff about werewolves or random things that pop into my head. more..

Writing