Mute But Not Silent

Mute But Not Silent

A Story by Timblack1927

Here I lay, stuck in the snow. Like in my dream, I call for help, but no one can hear me scream. In the past, I would pray and find temporary peace. When you live in a fantasy, that temporary peace is soothing to the soul. When I awake from the fantasy, I stopped praying. Now no longer a dream, I lay stuck in the snow, screaming mute. I once was found, and had a cause to believe in, now I am lost in their eyes. But my cause is pure now, where I see through the fanatical so called evil and good. In the snow, I look up at the stars. The heavens of a wonderful dream, where there is a happy ending for those willing to submit. I now lost my voice in this world, where people choose to ignore reason. They hear the sermons of my former people, and the dream catchers pass on  the good dream while  the dream catcher, censors my screams. Soon I hear myself. My scream, a small one breaks through and catches the attention of a young beautiful girl. She starts to stand back from the crowd, slowly, and surely pondering her dream state. Then in the last instance, when she is in the back of the crowd, she lets out a screech as any girl would when scared. My scream joins her screech, and she is no longer scared. She joins me in the snow of the mutes, where together we find comforts in our scream. With the power of our voices steadily growing, we start to break the bands of the dream catcher. We now intrude on the peaceful dream state of my former people. They are angry, they are scared, and they are resistant. Some wake up, but many remain asleep, choosing to live in the dream of happy endings. While the few accept reality, without fear. Our voice remains objective and our cause for reason remains pure. When our spring comes, we will no longer be mute in reality and in their fantasy.

© 2015 Timblack1927


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on October 1, 2015
Last Updated on October 1, 2015

Author

Timblack1927
Timblack1927

San Diego, CA



About
Timothy Black entered the United States Navy from Glendale, Arizona at age 19. He completed Recruit Training at Great Lakes, Illinois in 2010 and then headed to Fort Meade, Maryland to attend “A.. more..

Writing