Physical Condition [thanks mr. e]

Physical Condition [thanks mr. e]

A by Tigereyes101
"

This is about something I learned today in my Speech Communication class.

"

Okay, so today, we started reviewing for our Chapter 3 test, that is being held tomorrow. We filled out a diagram about Communication and I thought is was very interesting. Mr. E had talked about physical, mental and emotional conditions. He had gone into full detail on each of these categories, as he always does. And I felt as if I was really learning a lot from him. Physical condition is when you get really tired all of a sudden. When you begin to fall asleep in the middle of class, your body is experiencing sleep paralysis. I guess this condition keeps people from acting out their dreams and injuring or possibly killing themselves in their sleep. But then I started wondering more about this condition. In my head I was asking myself, "I have heard stories about people that have gotten up in their sleep. Why do they do that if they're under parlysis?" I mean, my own cousin, Ben, walks in his sleep a lot. My little brother talks in his, and these are things I just don't really understand. So I've decided to investigate further on this condition and learn more about it. This is what I found on Wikipedia:

 

When sleepwalkers are a danger to themselves or others (for example, when climbing up or down steps or trying to use a potentially dangerous tool such as a stove or a knife), steering them away from the danger and back to bed is advisable. It has even been reported that people have died or were injured as a result of sleepwalking.

 

Sleepwalking has in rare cases been used as a defense (sometimes successfully) against charges of murder.

 

Some of the information I have found, are a little far-fetched than my original intentions. But none the less, I find some of these facts to be pretty amazing. The more I think about it, the more I become cautious about sleepwalkers. It may sound crazy but you never know what can happen. People are crazy, that is a known fact.

 

:] 

© 2008 Tigereyes101


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

Okay, you have hit my genre. The book I have posted, Memories, covers this. I did hours and hours of research on it for my character.
FYI:
Sleepwalking is also called SOMNAMBULISM, a behavioral disorder of sleep in which a person sits up and performs various motor actions, such as standing, walking about, talking, eating, screaming, dressing, going to the bathroom, or even leaving the house. The episode usually ends with the sleepwalker returning to sleep, with no subsequent memory of the episode. Sleepwalking is most common in children, though it may also appear in adolescents and young adults. It occurs only during deep sleep, when dreams are basically absent. Sleepwalking becomes dangerous only when the possibility exists of the sleepwalker accidentally injuring himself.
HORMONE EFFECT: Dream states have been observed in many mammals, including dogs, monkeys, elephants, rats, and opossums. Surgical studies of mammal brains indicate that the dream state involves an area within the brain stem known as the pontine tegmentum. Dreaming itself seems to be associated with a hormone called norepinephrine, or noradrenaline (see Hormones). The order and length of dreaming and nondreaming periods during sleep appear to be regular, and there seem to be associations between these patterns and the emotional state of the individual before going to sleep.

I bet you didn't expect this kind of information...or want it, but that's the chance you take when you post. You get enthusiasts like me who go wow, okay, let's talk about it.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
1 Review
Added on September 23, 2008

Author

Tigereyes101
Tigereyes101

Cottage Grove, MN



About
My name is Kayla and I'm a new writer. more..

Writing