Slave to the Saviour.

Slave to the Saviour.

A Poem by Thomas Roarty
"

An idea I had in my head. I ran with it and I quite liked the outcome.

"

There's a story in your eyes.

Many who wish to hear can only see. Pain reflecting pain. Your vision impeded by horror.

Yes, I remember now. I remember this place. You had it all here; love, comfort (A family to call your own).

What now lies tainted and abused, your life. They tortured you. I shall save you now.

 

I am your healer. I am your god. Allow me to take as I see fit. For I shall take what little pleasures you have unto myself, in return for belief (Your false sentiment for mutual happiness).

 

I am a cult by definition. I took you in when others would pass you by, I made you drink the lifeblood from which you have manifested upon my bidding. You are a plant, my pretty little tree. I made you grow. However your roots are imbedded to my right hand. Become disproportionate and I will crush. The sap flowing free from your veins, I am in control of your so-called life.

 

The story has become one with tattered pages. The spine broken (Much like your own)

Slave.

Servant.

Master.

 

Many seek to be the latter, others are destined to serve. You, my dear mare, you have been forced. You have no hope, no glory. All you seek now is falsehood. Dreams of escapism creep into your forever-distant thoughts. I still have you, your roots are entwined in my fingers. You cannot survive.

 

Did you feel so alone and helpless when your "real" comfort abandoned you? I saved you from this, remember? I am now an old man, but I have lost no power over you. Physical deterioration spells no end to my reign. I am still in control.

 

I am still in control.

I am still in control.

..Am I still in control?

 

I lie here, in the bed from which I took you for the first time. My dying thoughts encroach on the living being. My control has ended your happy life, in return for a life worth living for, to serve. I must sleep now.

Go, my child..Save those who have nothing left.

 

 

Save them like I saved you

© 2011 Thomas Roarty


Author's Note

Thomas Roarty
Tell me your thoughts and interpretations :)
And constructive citicism only.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I began with god and ended in bed with a murderer.The radical in me understands your poem like this....
God is as much a killer as a saviour in that we are born to die
somewhat selfish in the need for so many to serve believe and worship him
yet who will save us from the demonds that walk with and sleep with us everyday and night .Am I right?

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I began with god and ended in bed with a murderer.The radical in me understands your poem like this....
God is as much a killer as a saviour in that we are born to die
somewhat selfish in the need for so many to serve believe and worship him
yet who will save us from the demonds that walk with and sleep with us everyday and night .Am I right?

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, This is really amazing :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

324 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 9, 2011
Last Updated on January 10, 2011

Author

Thomas Roarty
Thomas Roarty

Glasgow, Lanarkshire, United Kingdom



About
Hello! My name is Thomas. I am sixteen years of age and I have just began writing for personal pleasure, I hope you enjoy my works :) I'm not 100% positive on how to define my works. Thus far they se.. more..

Writing
Dig. Dig.

A Poem by Thomas Roarty



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..