Ending of Eras.

Ending of Eras.

A Poem by Thomas Roarty
"

The first piece I ever wrote. I took inspiration from a past relationship (Which as you can tell, I wasn't too pleased about :P) Interpret as you like <3

"
Dependancy, dependancy. You were my stigmata.
You offered me the greatest gift, in return for my greatest pain.

Trust-shattered. Eyes clenched shut. Edge of life.

You expected me to fight your battles, w***e, yet you approached me with both raised fists and gunshot wounds.
Where is your self-respect? Where is the respect you took from me and stitched unto yourself? Vile, unforgivable.

The aftermath is a twelve-step programme. The addiction eats at me like a disease. My addiction. You cling to me like a nightmare.
I've torn down the barriers now, you hear me? If I am NOTHING then I will stop at NOTHING to kill you like you kill me.

And so I am a liar? Take a look at the battlescars. Were you worth fighting for? Or were you just false dreams?

Take a look at me, tell me your untruths now. 

© 2011 Thomas Roarty


Author's Note

Thomas Roarty
Tell me how you've interpreted it :)
Oh, and constructive critisicm only. No shameless bashing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Really great! I love the way the rhetorical questions grab your attention and pull you right in to the piece. Short and yet amazing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

316 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 9, 2011
Last Updated on January 10, 2011

Author

Thomas Roarty
Thomas Roarty

Glasgow, Lanarkshire, United Kingdom



About
Hello! My name is Thomas. I am sixteen years of age and I have just began writing for personal pleasure, I hope you enjoy my works :) I'm not 100% positive on how to define my works. Thus far they se.. more..

Writing
Dig. Dig.

A Poem by Thomas Roarty