1

1

A Chapter by TheyCallMeBecky
"

Chapter one of my book.

"
The nightclub in downtown Manhattan was booming. There were people all over the place drinking, dancing, and generally having a good time. Well everyone except for Jasmine Vasha. 
Lust Night Club was the place to be on a Saturday night according to the entertainment section of the New York Times that Jasmine had read earlier that week. She thought it would be the perfect place to make friends. She had come to New York City from Canada hoping to start fresh and be somebody. Six months had past and she had yet to make a friend. She did not want to give up so she went shopping, bought the prettiest outfit she could afford and here she was, standing alone by the bar sipping a cocktail looking on at everyone else having fun. 
"God this is depressing", Jasmine mumbled to herself. 
She chugged the remainder of her cocktail and set it on the bar. She sighed and grabbed her purse. She was about to head for the door when something caught her eye out on the dance floor. 
In the center of the dance floor was the most beautiful girl that Jasmine had ever seen. She was dressed in a red velvet dress which showed off her breasts and a slit at her thigh. She wore high heeled black boots and had the face of an angel. Long waist length golden blonde curls wrapped around the dress. The girl was swaying slowly to music that normally you would dance fast to. The oddest thing was that this beautiful creature was staring right at Jasmine and smiling. 
Jasmine decided to stay a bit longer and walked back to the bar to order another cocktail. 
While she was trying to get the bartender's attention she felt a tap on her shoulder. She jumped and turned around. It was the blonde goddess from the dance floor.
"May I buy you a drink?", said the girl  in a delicate British accent.
She smiled sweetly at Jasmine. It made her heart skip a beat.
"Um, sure, yes, thank you.." Jasmine smiled sheepishly at the blonde goddess.
The blonde goddess whistled at the bartender and held her fingers up indicating two more drinks. The bartender nodded and poured the drinks. 
Jasmine took a small sip of her cocktail while the girl with the angel face  meerly twirled her straw in it.
"Thank you for the drink, my name is Jasmine."
" Stellana Marquise, it's a pleasure to meet you Jasmine. Come here often?" She quirked her eyebrow at Jasmine.
Jasmine blushed and looked down at her drink.
"No, um, this is my first time here actually." Jasmine looked embaressed.
"Where are your friends?" Stellana seemed genuinely curious. 
Jasmine sighed.
"I don't really have any."
Stellana looked at her with pity then smiled slightly.
"Neither do I." She raised her glass to clink with Jasmine.
"Cheers to new found friendship in this busy city."
Jasmine grinned and cheersed with Stellana. 
Stellana placed her drink back on the bar and grabbed Jasmine's arm.
"What do you say we go light up this dancefloor?"Her eyes twinkled.
Jasmine was nervous. She did not dance, but Stellana said they were friends and she wasn't about to turn down a new friendship. She chugged her remainder of the drink and grinned.
"What the hell! Why not? Lead the way."
Stellana grinned at Jasmine and ushered her onto the dance floor.
"Excellent."
The two girls danced together and laughed for what felt like hours to Jasmine. She was having an excellent time and didn't want the night to end. Almost as if Stellana could sense what Jasmine was thinking she stopped and grinned at her.
"So my new found friend, how about we get out of here and take this party back to my place? I don't live far, just threw the park."
Jasmine grinned and agreed. Jasmine grabbed her purse from where she left it at the bar and followed Stellana quickly out of the nightclub. 


© 2016 TheyCallMeBecky


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

HI, everything is crystal clear and concise in your descriptions which is great for modern writing. i am keen to know what happens next.

small thing, you used threw instead of through near the end of the chapter

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
1 Review
Added on January 24, 2016
Last Updated on January 24, 2016


Author

TheyCallMeBecky
TheyCallMeBecky

Renfrew, Ontario, Canada



About
My name is Becky and I am an amateur writer. I have a degree in Office Administration as well as a degree in Freelance Writing. I am currently in the process of having my first novel published. more..

Writing