WITHSTANDING THE HIGHEST BIDDER

WITHSTANDING THE HIGHEST BIDDER

A Chapter by NeiL ArandA
"

...

"

One wealthy businessman once said that everyone is for sale. That anyone has a certain price and will eventually succumbed to the highest bidder.

Let us revisit the temptation of Jesus in the wilderness after He fasted 40 days before He started His ministry was something worth pondering. We knew that food is vital to human survival and optimal functioning of the human body.  But in the gospel we read that Jesus subjected Himself to such extreme ordeal of fasting in preparation for His short earthly ministry.

Satan was allowed to have his way on Jesus while He was at His most weakened state. The Son of Man was tested in three vital things crucial to man's survival, esteem and preservation.

The first temptation was related to the lust of the flesh or cravings with the basic needs for survival. Jesus was so hungry and at the verge of starvation.

We have known in many documentaries that men will do the unthinkable or result to unreasonable means when at the brink of starvation - like cannibalism or Esau selling his birth right to Jacob. Our Lord never perform a single miracle to help Himself like turning a stone into a cheese burger. He performed miracles always to benefit others.

Second temptation was on the pride of life and all the best this passing world could offer like power, prestige, position and pleasures.

The third temptation concerns about self preservation which Satan uses Scripture against Jesus knowing well that He Himself spoked them. A trick Satan used to persuade Jesus to rescind the plan to offer His life as a sacrifice for mankind's redemption. But Jesus quoted Scriptures or His own words on three occasions and resisted Satan's best offer.

A person will give up anything or retract his word if it will cause him his neck or skin. Jesus resisted all the best Satan could throw at Him and withstand the highest bidder.

So the Lord Jesus encourage us not to lose heart in this life. For He had overcome the world and all its passing pain, pleasures and allure. So we can be with Him for eternity ...


by NeiL ArandA



© 2019 NeiL ArandA


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I guess, this is what set us apart from the Divine: we have moments of weakness and sometimes we succumb to it.
Minor typo- recind should be rescind.

Posted 7 Years Ago


NeiL ArandA

7 Years Ago

Thanks for leaving your take Gab.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
1 Review
Added on March 8, 2017
Last Updated on February 2, 2019
Tags: Virtue, Compromise

RANDOM THOUGHTS


Author

NeiL ArandA
NeiL ArandA

Pearl of the Orient Seas



About
JESUS AND THE SPARROWS Consider The Sparrow Here Jesus was walking alone along the Mediterranean Sea near Tiberius in the northern part of Israel and He offers seeds to some sparrows searchi.. more..

Writing
ABSCOND ABSCOND

A Poem by NeiL ArandA