KISS OF DEATH

KISS OF DEATH

A Poem by NeiL ArandA
"

Prelude to a kiss; Prelude to a piece .

"



Silvery webs, hold

Promise of death, for insects
Drawn by its glitters.


~ by NeiL ArandA ~


© 2014 NeiL ArandA


Author's Note

NeiL ArandA
Trying out and testing some simple Haiku

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

True Neil. This web represents death...
Look again though, to the spider and her young who will hatch, this web represents a work of art and the survival of her species.

I like the picture. I understand the intended lesson. I also see many other points to be made.
Are we more like flies or more like spiders?
The sparrow kills thousands more with her gift of flight and sight...

In the end, nature mirrors our desires and our fears back to us. Nature is the perfect teacher is this respect.

The poetry was solid Neil.

Posted 10 Years Ago


NeiL ArandA

10 Years Ago

Glad you like it David. I like to watch National Geographic Channel . I was amaze how different crea.. read more
All that glitters sometimes leads to death. A very nice contrasting haiku.

Posted 10 Years Ago


NeiL ArandA

10 Years Ago

Thanks Ms BlueIce ....Can't thank you enough for your time and visit
This little Haiku says so much, spiders are very intelligent creatures. They always have a certain strategy, and you are not only testing a "simple" Haiku, Haiku's and Senryu's are never simple, they explain great art forms, in 5-7-5 syllables, and mean much if you do them good, as you do.

I wonder if the insect has a way to escape by a web that is wet, for it's weight becomes havier... aswell the insect... and it can fall out, because the effect of the glue factor get's less... but that's just me... I enjoyed this wonderful little piece of you :) 100!

- Elisa

Posted 10 Years Ago


NeiL ArandA

10 Years Ago

That is so true Ms Elisa ...Still not sure if its going to be my cup of tea . I was really impressed.. read more

10 Years Ago

You're very welcome dear friend :) always!
Looks could be truly deceiving. Short but speak volumes.

Posted 10 Years Ago


NeiL ArandA

10 Years Ago

I appreciate your input on this piece ....
Here's an another wonderful poem or Haiku ... Your short words again touched mah heart. Thanks for penning the piece. Life's what that comes with peace and goes also with peace, it's what that lives in pieces but when the end of the life alias death comes it cuts into pieces ... Life's beautiful but we don't know the worth of it and when the time passed away from our hand .. we do realize how and what we lose to feel the real/true beauty of life ... so, before we do realize we should learn to live an every moment of life happily.. coz, every moment of the life's precious.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is awesome! I love how simple a haiku is but what a profound message they can convey.

Posted 10 Years Ago


NeiL ArandA

10 Years Ago

Thanks. Im still a novice . Please tell me my errors if theres one
Beautifully written Haiku with a wise life lesson. When people are drawn to the glitter of life, it is often their downfall. All that glitters is not gold to paraphrase Shakespeare. I liked this, Neil. Lydi**

Posted 10 Years Ago


NeiL ArandA

10 Years Ago

That was so sweet of you Ms Lydia. Always a pleasure to read your kind and clever notes. Appreciate.. read more
A lot of web deceptions out there in the world. It reminds me of the saying : Not all that glitters is gold...A splendid read and write...:)..............

Posted 10 Years Ago


NeiL ArandA

10 Years Ago

Hi Sami, You thoughts and presence is well acknowledge. Thank you so much for your time and meaningf.. read more
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

Wow. You are welcome...:).................
Neil, this is a senryu, I supposed. Haiku commonly deals with nature or season, while senryu though the same in Haiku in structure, is usually ironic or satirical. And I think, this one complies with my last adjectives...

A clever piece, perfect senryu for something/someone you are referring to as with that "glitters", but only a trap and it holds the promise of death. I have read the same piece like this here, a poem by Divya, that's why I can fully understand what a spider's web or the spider itself reflects (the author's note is a clue).

This is also a sort of warning or reminder...like your poem...don't judge the book by its cover. Some "good" things in the outside are "worst" in the inside. What if what you have said were all the opposite of a person's character? Each person has his/her own standard as to what is good, better or best...and bad, worse or worst. If I'm good to you but to others, I'm the worst, then how can you assess that? That's why I'm flattered for a moment when somebody praises me with my physical features, but with overflowing joy when I heard the words "you're good/kind"...because I believe ONLY A PURE HEART CAN SEE ANOTHER PURE HEART. I don't have any right to judge anyone of whatever "face" he/she is showing here...because "there's a reason for every action". I can offer a hand as long as I can, and also, I'm sometimes dependent to friends when it comes to other matters regarding my writings.

Haha! Another essay-writing from me here. I'm really an outspoken person if I feel comfortable with someone. I just poured out my sentiments here in your piece because this is really perfect for what is inside my head for some months. Thanks for the share.

Posted 10 Years Ago


NeiL ArandA

10 Years Ago

Thanks Dhaye . I stand to be corrected. I'm impress that you are able to keenly discern my thoughts .. read more
Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

"You are not only " minding only of yourself " as oppose to other books who are " minding only of th.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 13, 2013
Last Updated on May 4, 2014
Tags: Spider, Snare, Trap

Author

NeiL ArandA
NeiL ArandA

Pearl of the Orient Seas



About
JESUS AND THE SPARROWS Consider The Sparrow Here Jesus was walking alone along the Mediterranean Sea near Tiberius in the northern part of Israel and He offers seeds to some sparrows searchi.. more..

Writing
ABSCOND ABSCOND

A Poem by NeiL ArandA



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..