Overload

Overload

A Story by Blayk McCartney
"

Anxiety gets a little to hard to deal with well waiting for Super Smash Bros 4 to finally release

"
 Okay, so, it's early September of 2014 and the Super Smash Bros. 4 game is coming out in just a few weeks. It going to be out for a hand-held system for the first time ever -3DS- and I couldn't be anymore hyped up for it, I literally keep waking up at four in the morning, I can not sit still, and I constantly have to keep checking Miiverse and the official site for updates about the game. Its getting to the point where I'm not eating properly and I can't get myself to take care of certain urges. The only upside is, as I said, I can't sit still so I'm doing some exercises in front of my computer. The terrible news is, I can't get any work done. 

 My name is Anthony Harris, I'm self employed making web comics; some fanfic, some OC. I also post on YouTube. Recently I've gotten to a point where I'm making a sold living off of donations and partnership. A friend of mine from the U.S. And I have moved out of our families homes and started living together in Prince George. She goes to University and has a part-time job so she's often really busy as well. Lately she's been getting stressed out from the new setting she's in and the new patterns and new faces around her. Normally, I take it upon myself to try and help her relax and unwind. I'm pretty good at doing this; I'm normally a chill guy. I like to kick back, relax, make jokes and play around. But again I might as well be overdosing on caffeine. This is only stressing her more.

 Today I got to see someone play the actual game. It came out early in Japan -of course- and some people have imported Japanese 3DS systems. They can get the game the same time people in Japan can threw the online store because the systems are... What way the term? Region locked? Anyway, although the game won't be readable to english, non-bilingual people but its still playable I got so excited about seeing it being played that it triggered a panic attack -at least it felt like one. Lucky for me, Kaye was home. She was on the couch behind me, so she pretty much watched me crash into the attack. It was so bad I ended up on the floor and I couldn't reach for my medicine to help me calm down. Talk about a buzz kill. She had to actually put the pill in my mouth. Soon enough, I was stretched out on the couch with my head in her lap feeling a bit dozy and blank minded. This did not help Kaye's stress and I felt very concussions of that despite my fussy mind.
 This whole experience made it pretty clear to me that I needed to get away for some time. If this happened again, and I'm sure it would, I might end up getting hurt. Kaye didn't need that anymore then I. Now I was feeling stressed out.

 It was only maybe two days before Kaye asked me about why I was stressed instead of being all hyped -I still was but my concerns were on equal ground making me conflicted. It gave me a headache; literally. I reluctantly explained and she admitted to the same issue. We came to the conclusion that we should just go away for a day or two but where and to do what? We didn't really know... But we needed something. We ended up deciding to go to a hotel.
 She called in sick the next morning, prepared to skip school and we went and found ourselves a hotel to bum about in for the next day and a bit. Although it was new for us, we had to share a bed and we were both quick to just crash. It was still early and we were both tired. I still couldn't stay still and that started to tick of Kaye. Without a word, she wrapped herself around me to keep me from squirming about and instantly my whole body relaxed. Her bit of squish and warmth felt good against me. It calmed me and a calmer me seemed to calm her. Smash Bros. Dissolved from my mind and we both passed out. I woke up around noon and found Kaye sitting at the small table in the corner with a tray of food.

 She glanced over and asked"feel any better?"
 "Yeah, actually..." I said with a yawn "When did you get up?"
 "twenty-ish minutes ago. Come eat some food with me, I'll share."
 I did as she suggested and munched with her. After a while I said "thanks."
 "for?"
 My face went red "er, helping me get to sleep.."
 She gave me a cheeky smile that soon got masked by a look on her face that meant she was thinking something over. After a moment, she looked me in the eye and asked "do you wanna help me feel better to?"
 "Sure, what can I do?"
 She bit her lip as if she might be reconsidering or working up the nerve for something.
 "would you... I mean, you're okay with casual... Um..."
 I raised an eyebrow. I felt I had a good idea what she was trying to ask. I was fine with the idea of casual sex. It could be good and it could be helpful.
 She continued to stammer and I realized she wasn't going to be able to get the words out. I gave a small, very embarrassed smile before standing up and taking my shirt off as I moved to the bed. Her surprised look only lasted a short time before her smile came back and she joined me. This would be our first time together and it seemed pretty good to me.

 When I woke up the next morning Kaye was already awake. She was sitting up in the bed reading a book. She glanced down at me when I shifted. She blushed and smiled and said "morning" I responded in kind as I stretched and pushed myself up. 
 We spent one more day of alone time there before going home which was the most relaxed I'd been in a while. I was reluctant to go back but we both had to get back to our lives and considering my job was spent working on a computer, I really had no choice but face potentially having another panic attack. I couldn't stop myself from checking out all the teasers and leaks and all sorts of info on Super Smash Bros. coming out. I managed to keep relaxed for a couple days... Right up until the demo was about a day away. I got riled up really quick. Making a quick choice, I texted Kaye well she was in class to let her know. She replied right away; she said 
  Go make a cup of hot tea and play some Wii U fit to distract yourself. I'll be home as soon as I can.

 I did as she told me to and she did what she said what she would do. Kaye was home within an hour, an hour and a half. I imagine she came straight home after her class. By now, I was already fairly worn out from the game. I was holding my tea in both hands on the couch. When I heard Kaye come in I jumped up to go greet her. This became a pattern of ours. We started sharing a bed most nights as well but the night before the release I couldn't sleep at all, so she stayed up with me and we played video games together well we waited for the copies I had pre-ordered to come in the mail. They finally came around one P.M. We both tried to start playing but ended up passing out on the floor in the small mess of packaging.
  Damn I loved this girl.

© 2014 Blayk McCartney


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on October 3, 2014
Last Updated on October 3, 2014
Tags: Anxiety, slice of life, super smash bros