Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
The Secret Society

The Secret Society

A Chapter by Kristaps F
"

Jimmy is taken to a warehouse where he gets to know about a secret society.

"

  Jimmy woke up the next morning. He felt as if his head weighted a ton. The first thing that popped in his mind was the strange man he met the previous evening. How could he know so much about Jimmy? Jimmy stood up from bed to make his breakfast. He made himself sandwiches of semi-caked bread and a coffee.

  Jimmy lived in this apartment for past two years. Living alone bothered him. Not having a friend who was willing to share a habitat really pushed on his well-being.

  Jimmy put on his coat, grabbed the book he read the previous evening and left to market to buy some groceries. On his way to the market, thoughts of a stranger knowing his life came creeping in. He could not not notice even stranger things while standing at vegetable booth.

  "Does he know it? Does he know the truth?" someone whispered.

  He didn't dare to look at the whisperer, but, knowing that the fact of someone knowing of his conversation the night before was ridiculous, he couldn't stop the feeling that the whisper was about him.

  The truth.

  Feeling irritated. Jimmy picked a rout to a coffeehouse he hasn't been in for years. Not wanting to meet the stranger was his reason. And, oh dear, on his way to the coffeehouse he met the unwanted stranger. There he sat on a porch staircase smiling like a sunshine. He was talking to a man.

  "Heeey! Long time not seen! How's it going?" he shouted when he saw Jimmy.

  "Leave me alone!"

  "I have an offer to you." The stranger came to Jimmy.

  Jimmy turned and asked "And what is it?"

  "I want you to come to a secret place we gather in. We will tell you everything you need to know there."

  Who are "we"? was on Jimmy's mind, but he just said "Ok," after reflecting a little. He wanted to end this madness.

  "My name is Roger, by the way. Here is the address to the old warehouse. Be there at 6 pm."

  In the coffeehouse Jimmy's hands were week and shaking and his head was humming. Book was on the table as untouched as the bottom of the ocean. He decided to spend remaining time in the coffeehouse.

  There he stood - with the warehouse before him. Should he knock on the door? Or should he seek for a secret entrance? In just the right time he heard footsteps. He wasn't glad however.

  "I'm glad you came, Jimmy! Come, follow me!"

  They went into the warehouse. Jimmy was surprised to see a crowd of people there. About a dozen of them.

  "We, Jimmy, are the secret society. a few of  those few who know the truth. We like to call ourselves monks, even though we clearly are not," Roger started his speech smiling. "Our goal is to deliver the truth to you and make sure everything goes as planned. We are small but quite powerful society. We could get you everything you want," Roger paused to see Jimmy's reaction. "We all know that our destiny relies on you so we are willing to help you in any way you want hoping for God's mercy. We all know major things about you as we have all read the predictions."

  Jimmy's words felt heavy, stuck in his lungs.

  "Your first task is easy - lead as sinful life as you can imagine. Sins have to come from the bottom of your heart though. Lust, greed, sloth... you will face them all."

  "I am never going to do that."

  "Have you ever lied?"

  "No."

  "Well, now you have. One step closer to your goal."

  "It is not my goal. You are all crazy. Bible never said anything like it." Jerry turned to leave. All the members of secret society laughed at him.


  Two days later, Jimmy stared at landscapes passing by. The train was going very fast. His eyes were as blind as a new born baby. Train horn dropped him out of trans. He looked around and noticed a very beautiful young lady sitting before him. She smiled at him.

  "Hi! My name is Ann."

  "I'm Jim," he said in unusually low voice.

  "Where are you going to?"

  "To a meeting."

  "I see," said the girl. Her smile didn't disappear.

  "Who are you meeting?" the girl asked after a while.

  Jimmy told about his meeting. It turned into a conversation. Jimmy noticed how freely he could talk to her. It felt like she was his long time friend.

  "This is my stop. Here is my phone number," the girl said as she wrote down something. "Call me!"

  "I will," Jimmy said confused.



© 2015 Kristaps F


Author's Note

Kristaps F
do you want to read more of this story?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on November 25, 2015
Last Updated on November 26, 2015
Tags: secret society, story, short story, fiction, hell, fantasy, the chosen one, prediction


Author

Kristaps F
Kristaps F

Latvia



About
I am a young writer who has just started to write short stories and to publish them online. more..

Writing
This life This life

A Poem by Kristaps F


Waiting Waiting

A Poem by Kristaps F