How it works for the undead

How it works for the undead

A Story by Katelyn
"

My one and ONLY vampire short to ever be written. Really old, mind you.

"

      Eradicated pulsing desire, all wrapped in crimson hues of life dripping past taunt lips and bursting into excitement upon a warm tongue. Canines piercing subtle flesh with a squelch of desire, the victim’s moans of numb pain teasing the senses of the attacker. Like a drug of vicious mind, the red drops meddled into an intense fiery heat of desire to have more, and then some more.

              His eyes squeezed shut in wonder and excitement as the elixir kept coming, as each drop dripped down his throat and into his veins, heightening his senses but dulling his wit. His hands which were wrapped harshly around the young maiden wrapped themselves tighter still; fresh bruises of purple forming on her flesh, and little drops of blood dripping from his foggy finger nails as though snow dropping from the clouds. Their descent was ignored as the night sank in, the young girls whimpers died abruptly from the odious alleyway he had chosen to hunt.

              She was a tavern maiden -one of many- she would be little missed. such was the reasoning behind the madness of such cannibalistic nature, such was the nature of a vampire of his time; a time of alchemy and plague. She would surely be little missed. That was the only thing that drifted through his mind moments before when he had heard her breath quicken, had felt the vibrations cast from her strong heart speed up in the darkest of hours. Such a foolish girl to find comfort in the company of men she hardly knew. Such a hard lesson to learn; that there are far worse things in the world then the crimes committed by man.

               The last drop seeped into his lips, and escaped into his delusional world created to enhance the feed, enhance the stench of death. Silently from his grasp the cold girl, whose face was struck with the sickly nature of death , fell from his grasp, folding into herself and slipping down to the hard cobblestones.

      She was forgotten with his fading footsteps.

© 2009 Katelyn


Author's Note

Katelyn
Vampires be damned. This was written in my 'descriptive' phase, so it drags on a bit; probably has mixed tenses, and is rather foul.

But I'm putting off working on anything else, so I might as well amuse myself with meaningless activities such as posting crap.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Owl
What an incredibly visual piece.

I can't help but picture this like a Blade movie. Take that how you want, but I like to think it's a compliment. I see the imagery of dripping blood, displayed emotions, and everything else that happens in the heat of this particularly disturbing moment.

And I love how cold the last line is, especially when compared with the passion (albeit, brutal passion) of the rest of it.

Awesome piece.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Owl
What an incredibly visual piece.

I can't help but picture this like a Blade movie. Take that how you want, but I like to think it's a compliment. I see the imagery of dripping blood, displayed emotions, and everything else that happens in the heat of this particularly disturbing moment.

And I love how cold the last line is, especially when compared with the passion (albeit, brutal passion) of the rest of it.

Awesome piece.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 16, 2009

Author

Katelyn
Katelyn

The one with the dot next to it on the map...



About
I'm... well let us just say it, I'm odd. Happily, blissfully odd. I painted my room in blue boxes with orange outlining them, I organize my numerous books by size, I talk to my paintbrushes, and I cur.. more..

Writing
Life Life

A Poem by Katelyn