The Angel of Death

The Angel of Death

A Poem by tay payne

Once upon a time.
I had a dream as a little boy.
I was looking at the sky.
Seeing the moon appearing.
It was like the clouds was opening for the moon like it was a king.
And the stars that surround it like a sea of angels in disguise.
Like God working his magic to put on show.
It was a beautiful view.
The clouds was purple and navy blue.
Like God painted them with his finger tip.
But suddenly, my window opened by itself.
And I was lifted up on my way to the sky.
It was amazing.
The wind was warm as wool.
And I was on my way to the sky.
As I was getting closer.
The stars was getting brighter.
Bright as the sunlight is.
When I made it over the clouds.
I saw spirits talking to each other while drinking their wine and celebrating.
There was a big castle and I saw pearly gates in front of it
There was white and gold marbles that covers the place.
The smell was like scent of lily of the valley flowers.
Everyone was happy and waved at me as I flew farther on towards the moon.
When I got there I saw the Angel of Death sitting there.
So I landed and asked: What are you doing here and who are you?
Then he said: Thinking about the world little one. The lives of innocent people. And who am I? I am the Angel of Death and I lived all my life immortal. I never knew how to be mortal and the feelings that they have but now It have hit me. Like a hammer hitting a nail constantly. Here is what you need to know about the world you live in my friend. Death is always present and it is the way of life. God made me who I am and I accept it. Love and sadness grows more when death appears around the corner my friend. The memories comes back like a flower to humans minds of that person that have given them love. Even if they have done wrong to that person. And you should know that love is much bigger than a world like this. It can not bring power , but it can bring those good memories. Humans wake up not knowing what will tomorrow brings. The time fly away with wings each day. Humans sit down at nights and then pray when they go through hard times of suffering or living through life. Life is suffering in a good way and death is when you are fully at peace. So child never fear death even though you still will. But when time come remember what I said. And the Angel of Death rode off with his flying horse holding up his scepter and a flash of light came down on me putting me back to reality.
 

© 2014 tay payne


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I expect it needs some re reads to make some minor adjustment. Early in this piece there were some "was", that I feel would benefit from being "were". Over all it had good flow in your view of heaven.

I would work on the last paragraph a bit as it seem to be a little to busy. Not a very helpful comment I know, but I am stepping beyond my true ability here. It could be made more readable.

I did like it and I felt a joy in my heart as I joined your visualization of another place and another time.

Thank you for sharing.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
1 Review
Added on October 13, 2014
Last Updated on October 13, 2014