MYREA IS ASKING

MYREA IS ASKING

A Story by Tasi83













They would have waited until the morning for the children's shift because of the birthday, but most of the parents - because it was Saturday for some reason - insisted on bringing the children over for a small group of children well after half past three. It was a beautiful day at the end of November - surprisingly warm for the time of year - and although the first snow had recently fallen right after Elizabeth's Day, the unusually mild weather had turned and transformed the remaining snow into an icy, gray sherbet.
Boronka tried to tidy up her children's room on the occasion of the special day, because she found that it does no harm if a person cleans at least twice a month, but everyone was aware of his stated intention, that he was only making such a little unnecessary commotion around himself, because he personally expects very good guests and acquaintances. Among the guests, four ladies and two younger gentlemen came at the same time. All the while, he deliberately kept his cell phone next to him; of course, in the event that the person was looking forward to greeting him, or at least wishing him more success and good luck in life. Nothing happened now. Boronka's mood was extremely low all night long, while he was playing to the delight of the children and fooling around, Boronka's mood was excessively depressed, and especially his mother had to risk the risk that as soon as they brought in his favorite marzipan-flavored, giant walnut cake from the neighbor's fridge, the poor, chubby little boy would be moved, or the as a result of sorrowful joy, he is absent.
His mother was the finest young woman in the neighborhood; in addition to charming everyone with his charming and direct kindness, he also demonstrated a brilliant and at the same time amazing organizational talent. In this house, everything had to be exactly the same - preferably with clockwork precision -, i.e. exactly, and if something didn't match by even a second or two, then the day's agenda was already overturned!
But Boronkáné now decided that this day belonged to her son alone, and she tried to do everything possible to shower her only child with as much love as possible, despite the minor inconveniences that continued to occur. The boy's father, the head of the family, was still working; he was a truck driver for a large company, and in a month he could call himself lucky if he could get away on a free Saturday or Sunday! However, he really hated it if his boss made the rights and duties of the foreign transport on the day when one of his family members was born - or named.
Now it seemed that he too would be late, because at Hegyeshalom there was still such a thick ice armor towering over the tollway that it would not have been possible to cross it even with the best snow chains, so the helpless and nerve-numbing wait remained; when one is alone with one's thoughts, and they can cut and prune like a razor blade or a deliberately sharpened reed leaf.
Suddenly the phone rang:
"Hello… are you the punk?" - said a coughing voice with a strong crackle from a cigarette. He sensed that his bearer was currently struggling with the general symptoms of a cold and a cold.
"Hello?" The Boronka apartment is here! Who is speaking? - the child was politely taught to say this in all cases, so that, as far as possible, this does not lead to an unnecessary and pointless discussion or any kind of difference of opinion.
"Well, hi, old fellow!" I wish you a very happy birthday, little one! Happi! I'm sorry, my dear son, but you know I'm a bit cold right now and my nose is a bit windy! But don't be afraid, I promise he will come home to you and you will get a beautiful present from me! In the meantime, could you give me some mom? I would like to have a few words with him!
"Of course!" I'll give it to you right away! - and as quickly as a small, touching boy, like a happy little hero, he ran to his mother when he heard his father's voice, as if his mouth was full of happiness.
"Mom, mom!"
"Come on honey?" �" the mother put paper plates and paper cups in a pile in the dining room, where she planned to receive the guests.
"Daddy is on the phone and wants to talk to you!" - he handed over the message and, of course, the handset that came with it.
"Thank you baby!" That's really nice of you! Could you please finish the table setting for me in the meantime? - he took the receiver with it and tried to smile a little at the whole thing.
"I'm going!" �" and the celebrated person was already doing his job, as he could have learned from his mother the basic principles and little tricks of professional and high-quality table setting.
The young woman moved back a little, while her son played with the tablecloth like a child, and deliberately lowered his voice, because he was convinced that there are things that, when shouted and raging, definitely do not belong in a child's ears.
He stepped back and spoke softly into the receiver:
"Is that you?"
"Hi, don't be angry, there's been a huge storm in the meantime, but I promise I'll try to get home at some point, okay?!" - the voice of her dead husband, tormented and now languishing in the grip of the flu.
"You still have skin on your face, just now." are you on the phone Do you know what day it is today?! �" all at once, like poison, the suppressed, comical temper burst out of him.
"Please, let's not fight, because you know very well that I can't stand it either!" I'm sorry, but I told our son that I would like to give his present personally, and I'm sure he'll be very happy, even if I can't be with him today! - he tried to speak clearly, calmly and at a calm pace to his wife, but he could feel how tense and troubled he was in his voice.
"You know what?" God's nestling cold eats me! You'd just freeze there in the cold! I didn't ask you for anything else, just to be here on the most important holidays, like today! I wanted to force her too much, huh?! How did you imagine that this is one of your son's most important days, and then you still have the chance to call him and tell him that you'll be home soon??? - and it must have become inevitable, which he definitely wanted to avoid, so that no one could find out, at least not until today's holiday - he filed the divorce papers a week earlier.
"Mommy!" Will this be good? �" the little child brought back the remaining napkins with clown patterns from the beautifully laid table.
"Do you see that I'm talking about important things, or not?" - his eyes were literally bloodshot, not tolerant of contradiction, and it certainly didn't take long before he lost his spare coolness and thoughtlessly mixed two neck soups due to his own selfish thoughtlessness of his beloved child!
He suddenly restrained himself, realizing that this was his son's day, and he would not allow himself the impudence of ruining the good mood; he forced a smile, which now turned out to be artistic and did not seem at all authentic, yet it proved to be just enough to convince the child, who had already driven himself to such an extent in his little remorse that his mouth curled up considerably to cry!
The young woman - seeing how uncomfortable and humiliating she had put her little son, whom she loved to the point of admiration - immediately knelt down to her and hugged him tightly. "Just don't shed a single tear now, otherwise everything could be lost! He only gave her a significant sniff while closing her beautiful, violet-blue eyes tightly.
"My little boy!" Don't be angry with me, I didn't mean to hurt you! �" and he squeezed it as if the meaning of his life had performed some fate-deciding act at that moment, just by setting the table beautifully, with childlike aesthetics and striving for simplicity.
"Mommy!" It won't be a problem, will it?! - he felt that his voice became husky and his small chubby body trembled. her little ruddy face also sagged.
"I promise, baby, that it will be the best birthday of your life!" And your father is on his way! He will come soon, because he promised! - He felt that he could not somehow reconcile this last remark with the contents of the unvarnished reality of the truth. He himself has experienced several times that if an adult gives the child his word to do what he said, then it must be so, otherwise there will be a complete loss of trust and the child's fragile self-confidence will be damaged! But what else could a really resourceful and food-loving young mother come up with so that her son wouldn't be disappointed again?! This was the hardest to decipher!
"You know what?" he broke out of the hug. "How about putting on some more comfortable clothes and welcoming your friends?" �" he already went to the mahogany tree-like, huge-sized wardrobe to suddenly dig out his little girl's belongings.
"Mommy!" Why can't I be in pajamas all day?! �" in his voice, the built-up resentment and minor hysterical pride disappeared. After all, today is his day; so do whatever you want!
"But my dear!" - he already smiled heartily at this remark - so what will it look like if there will be twenty or so more and there will be mothers along with your friends, and then you will be here in your pyjamas? - he combed the small, bristle-like curls on his head, which he always enjoys, and at least he could distract his vision problems with it - of course only temporarily.
"I don't mind!" - he blew a big breath, then seeing that his mother insisted on the dress - agreed to the agreement! "But that's why I get more cake, right?"
"Oh, but you're expensive!" How can you ask such a stupid thing?! How else can you get it?! Well, my little old man, you are the number one celebrated person, and like you, you also have the right to cut the cake!
"But you always said that a sharp knife is not a toy, and you should always be careful with it!" - his voice changed to instructor, but he only dared to mumble this too, because in the past few months he had already heard his slightly stressed and very sad parents fight enough times. Married life at this stage was not exactly satisfactory.
"You're absolutely right about that!" But if an adult like me takes your hand and helps you slice, I don't think there's anything wrong with that! Or do you think so?!
The child is a bright green cat his similar eyes suddenly became sharper, more alive; he looked like someone with incredibly glowing spiritual forces raging in him, only to burst to the surface like a volcanic eruption, but now they are still calm for a while...
"I don't know!" - was all he moaned.
"It's okay, my little hamster!" See, your mommy will help you in everything and you will feel as good and cheerful as you never knew you were! - it seemed a little forced, now this sudden happiness and the young woman also felt that she exaggerated the whole thing, yet she was guided by the best possible intentions; he didn't want his son to guess what was going on between him and his father behind the conflict and confusion!
Before long, there were so many of them that even if the young woman had wanted to, she wouldn't have been able to decide whose calf or seedling was whose? And in the great commotion, things got so bad that everyone completely forgot about the poor little boy - especially his mother, who solemnly promised that he would have a great time on this important day! Since no one was paying attention; he quietly went back to the back of the children's room, his head turned to himself, while the group of children, who usually make a huge noise, were eager to taste the mouth-watering marzipan cake! The little chubby boy - as if he was at least a stranger from his home - was quietly humming his worn-out machbox-type color-changing car miracles to each other, which had the only real special feature, that if you put them under hot water, they could change color instantly. Of course, we can't forget the other's eternal little favorites, the numerous armies of different mechanical toy robots, which already formed a real separate army beyond the crowded plush company.
The young woman began to sing "Happy Birthday" in a major dirrel major and with her voice asked the others present to do the same.
"Happy birthday Mira!" - he placed the magnificent cake miracle on the intimately laid dining table. "Where are you, little bug?" What?! �" she raised her voice a little, because usually after the second prompt, the little girl always voluntarily gave up the fight and came forward, but now she felt a little bit of trembling fear, wondering where this child could go?!
"I would like to ask for your patience for a moment!" - he turned, forcing an apologetic smile, mainly to the other parents. "Wait a few minutes, and it will be here!" - with that he actually marched back, although he was strangely very careful that his shoes did not make too much noise with the protester's confidence, he just placed his steps one after the other on the wooden floor.
"Mira baby?" Is everything okay in there?! - she was shocked, because she found the children's room locked this time, and she had no idea what could have happened to her little girl. "Then I'd go in now, if you'd like!" Please, my love! Open the door! - no matter how hard the stubborn iron handle tried, just like the determined will of the little girl - it just wouldn't let go!
"Please dear!" Let's talk about it! Didn't someone hurt you?! - now he began to twist his fine, swan-white fingertips strongly, as if it was his fault that the mess had to be sorted out, he just forgot one important thing; ask how your child feels about this!
The signs were such that the little girl had no intention of coming out of her little nook, where she would rather pass the time by coloring and coloring books, and stubbornly stuck to her holy decision to try to color the shapes of the various fairy-tale animals in such a way as to stay within the lines as much as possible. - let it work; this may have been the most important aspect for him.
"My treasure!" Just a minute, please... the others are all waiting for you, and you should blow out your birthday candles too! I swear, if I cut the cake you can come back here and you won't have to come out again!
The obstinate attitude of the other seemed to have eased - temporarily - because the click of the lock could be heard as the hesitant little ducks carefully turned the key in the lock; as if the door of a very careful and prepared prison cell had opened.
"Wait a minute!" - sounded the firm, now relaxed instruction on the other side of the door.
"I'm waiting!" �" The mother was forced to realize that if her little daughter was up to something, and if she inherited anything at all from her slightly absent-minded husband, then it must have been his unquestionable stubbornness and persistent stubbornness. Because no matter how many times they went somewhere and something he really didn't like, his seedling always stubbornly insisted on protesting and didn't budge from his original decision until someone comforted him or explained in simple, childlike terms what original things really were. schedule.
The door opened, and the besotted little girl, whose mother only at this moment discovered that her beautiful doe-eyed eyes were full of tears of pain and conscious desperation, to give her some encouragement and unselfish support i. He bent down so that his little lily-shaped head could be level with her, and then he hugged the child, trembling in fear, while listening to his chest heave up and down and grunt, and his little heart beat wilder and wilder.
"My dear!" So what's wrong?! Didn't someone just hurt you? Or do you feel bad? Are you really sick?! �" the young, pretty mother was already thinking of something very bad, and in those moments she couldn't even imagine what could have happened to her broken daughter.
"Mommy!" Why doesn't anyone love me?! - the child exclaimed questioningly, as he looked into his mother's eyes from the shaking.
"Honey, I don't understand what you mean!"
"Just to... why is it that the other children came with their parents, and you and daddy are not reconciled!" - he poured out the glass ball-sized, painful tears from the sockets of his charming eyes so thickly that even his mother had to hold herself tightly if she did not want him to burst into tears on the spot.
"My dear!" Eat, eat! Shhh! Don't worry, you'll be fine! - he began to carefully rub his shaking back and tried to comfort and calm him down. "If they didn't want me to, I wonder if all these little and big people would have come here!" They are here to honor you by celebrating you because you deserve it! �" He didn't even know in which child psychology book he actually read this therapy session, where the self-confidence of the given childhood patients had to be boosted to some level so that they accept themselves and trust people.
"Mom..."
"There you go my love!"
"It's all so strange..."
"What is my strange little pigeon?" - the mother looked at him with a similar look until she agreed.
"Well... sometimes people can behave very superficially!" It's as if the other children also expect to be consciously gifted! There's something very sad about that, isn't there?!
The mother had never heard her daughter speak like that before, and she was firmly convinced that she lived in the world of coloring books and was not even interested in the more complicated things, or at all. Now he was scared and surprised.
"What do you mean dear?"
"Is it just that... as if people are constantly playing themselves, while they don't know what's good and what's bad inside?"
The young mother had been listening to the smart, reasoned comments from her daughter for a while now, who was now scattering her comments like a little adult, and it was obvious that she barely sniffed anymore.
"What would you say, little cricket, if we went back to the others and cut your cake?"
As if he had asked his mother for help, the child now looked at him as if his emotions were changing at the same time with sadness and despair, and every corner of his tiny, chubby face would be characterized by the strange duality of the play of light and shadow:
"But you'll always stay by my side, won't you?"
"How can you ask that dear?" Of course you can count on him for everything! �" they hugged each other again, and like omniscients of a truly great soul, hand in hand, they went back to the army of children and parents, who were getting a little impatient judging by their noise in the meantime, so that they could celebrate intimately.
And in the dining room, mainly at the encouraging request of parents, the "Happy Birthday" song, which has now become a classic, was played repeatedly by an enthusiastic children's choir. And Myrea, as a balanced and very cheerful girl, would have immediately blown out the unlit candles, which her mother had just made and placed on top of her cake, with enthusiastic diligence.

© 2024 Tasi83


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on August 19, 2024
Last Updated on August 19, 2024
Tags: Contemporary, epic, short prose, prose, short story, literature

Author

Tasi83
Tasi83

Budapest, Budapest, Hungary



About
I was born on November 30, 1983 in Budapest! I studied Hungarian history at ELTE-TFK, BTK; history teacher. I'm editing ebooks! So far, I have published my volumes on Publió and Publishdrive as.. more..

Writing
HUMAN PORTION HUMAN PORTION

A Poem by Tasi83