No reason coffee date

No reason coffee date

A Story by Rucha Tare
"

Do people in love grow apart? Is there any term called as grown out of love? Does love fade?

"
Riya and Aman had successfully completed the 3 year milestone of their married life.They had a love marriage. After going around for 1.5 to 2 years they finally settled down.
They had started dating during their college years.They over the years literally grew together,from their first campus interview to first car to their first home it was their journey,together.They had supported each other through their thick and thin willingly.But the only thing that did not flourish in the journey was their love.Their love was only fading down the years.
Yes,It is very obvious for people to grow out of love or grow apart from each other. For love can be defined as perfume, if you do not re apply it for long it evaporates.

The crazy happy-go-lucky and mad couple from their 20’s had changed to just random another married couple with fights following almost every weekend over minimal things.It was very difficult for an outsider to judge the problem in their lives,they seemed so normal to others but inside they knew the spark in their story had gone.

Riya probably did not feel loved by the man of her dreams anymore.Aman stopped paying attention to her new dress.It had been an age they went out for a coffee date or dressed up for going to a dinner without any birthdays or anniversary,just like that.Aman had stopped taking initiatives about these and Riya had stop expecting it.Their frequency of expressing their love for each other over calls chats msgs or even statuses could now be equated to nil.Their statuses never were dedicated to each other lately except their on birthdays.They took each other for granted.
Sometimes their fights reached the level of saturation that they felt being together was a mistake!Things bothered Riya to a large extent,She was in despair,when she opened up to her friend ,she got an answer

“Oh! Riya How kiddish can you be,Are you judging you do not want to stay with Aman because he doesnt take you out for a coffee??These things are but obvious issues in a married life,you cant help but deal with it.”

She knew it was not so easy as her friend thought. Riya used to spend time scrolling through their college photos and pain filled her brooding eyes.

It was Sunday again,Some minimal thing yet again triggered a fight in between them,
This time things went too far when Riya expressed she doesn’t even feel like staying in this marriage,rightly the truth was spoken, they both felt the same.

Aman left the home in utmost anger,The night passed by and Aman did not return,he messaged her that he wont return for few days at least because that is the best thing to do.
Riya although expected him to come home and solve the issues or just hug her so that she could melt but her ego supported Aman’s decision.

Monday as Riya woke up,She could not believe it was already 9 am,Aman wasn’t there to wake her up which otherwise always happened.She rushed to get ready for office,She had to cook the breakfast too.

“Ah!Today I need to cook all alone” She sighed to herself,she had to skip her breakfast as she had really no time to do it,she was already running late.She had to take a bus to her office as Aman wasn’t there to drop her
Throughout the office the fight bothered her,she could not concentrate on the monitor in front her.

Aman on the other hand,who was at his friend’s,could not take the silence around him,he was used to hearing literally a running commentary from Riya

Aman,Can you please chop those tomatoes?
Hurry up we are late
Is this lipstick too bright for office?
Try to leave by 6 we need to go At Priya’s Place.

As he took his car out for the office he realized there was no one going to share the car and keep talking nonsense about how so and so lady had so n so issue with her husband or how her friend got a new dress or basically things that he never paid attention to pricked him today

While returning he accidentally took a turn to her office but soon realized and changed the route.

He missed the tasty meal for dinner and she missed the companion,but adamant they yet did not speak.

Two more days went by,Riya realized Aman does all the things that are too simple to be taken into consideration (picking up a parcel of food if she is bored to cook or helping her in kitchen or to drop her to office for which he had to take a detour) out of love for her.

He realized he is so incomplete without her ,who will show that disgust on her face if not she when he repeated his shirt in the week.Who but she will remind her to call people for their birthdays.Who would fill the home with her laugh…
They both wanted to reconcile but none of them wanted to inititate. But after a lot of hesitation,Aman took his cell,opened his what’sapp

He typed a message for her “Would you like to come for a Coffee date for no reason,tonight 7:30 at our favorite cafe?
She saw the message ,all she wanted was there in the message .
Her anger dissipated the moment the message was read.It took so long for him to ask for a cup of coffee she thought.

‘Happily’ She replied.

It is very easy to lose the worth of the person you are always around.The things they do are probably insignificant yet important.It is very easy for one these days to grow apart as we tend to take the person for granted.We do not belong to the Romeo Juliet era where there was forever kind of love.It is easy to let go off people from each other’s life when things do not work out.So,here you need to acknowledge your partner for all she/he does and when it comes to relationship it is ever evolving.If you do not put your efforts the evolution might just stop.

Take your time out for no reason dates,For PDA(a little is not bad if they aren’t too cheesy) for making a cup of chai,or drop random compliments.

Remember to reapply the perfume very often 🙂

© 2017 Rucha Tare


Author's Note

Rucha Tare
Hey,
This is my very first post. I look forward to feedbacks to improve my writing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on June 5, 2017
Last Updated on June 5, 2017
Tags: Love, grow, couple, relationships, troubles

Author

Rucha Tare
Rucha Tare

Pune, Mahārāshtra, India



About
I am freelance blogger/writer. I write for Delhi based publishing house, Half baked beans and social hub oyechingum.com. I am a book reviewer and software techie more..