Whispers of Vulnerability

Whispers of Vulnerability

A Story by Tanvi
"

Two souls find a fleeting connection that unravels as vulnerabilities surface, dreams shatter, and the rain turns into a tumultuous force of separation.

"
Whispers of Vulnerability 
You knocked on my door, a late evening on a random Tuesday, and you asked me “how’s life?” I looked at your face, grotesque yet perfect. 
The first day we met dawned on me. It was as if it was destined to be, you and me were destined to be stuck in the same storm that random Tuesday evening. It was my first day at school, and I had to stay back to catch up on my schoolwork. You, for some unknown reason, had to stay back as well. I was walking out of the campus and then I saw that you were there too, standing under the shelter, looking down at the rain. I came and stood next to you.  I still remember what you said. “Some writer could have penned a tale of two people meeting while the rain poured, some singer could have echoed it into a song, some painter could have captured it on a canvas… but here we are, a masterpiece of their emotions unfolding in real time... Existing as embodiments of their enchanting art.” 
As each droplet kissed our faces, a tree of mutual understanding blossomed. We stood there finding ourselves slowly enveloped into the rhythmic pattern of the downpour. It was as if nature conspired this rain to unite our paths. The silence was louder than the sound of our syncing heart beats. 
So in the darkness of this cold evening, we split the intricacies of our lives, not leaving any thought unspoken. Unafraid to show the cracks and imperfections that defined us, we talked about our vulnerabilities. Sooner than I realized, your vulnerabilities mirrored mine. You were just a piece of me which I never knew I had lost. The rain was providing an intimate soundtrack as our conversation was flowing like a waterfall. It started to pour faster than ever as our hearts felt lighter.  We parted ways with still so many stories untold. Slowly, days turned into nights and nights into countless conversations, our untold words found resonance. 
It was yet again a fateful Tuesday and it started to rain. I was standing alone on the street and I couldn’t help but think of you. I felt as if my cries were the rain and everything that kept them from reaching you was the wind. Blowing away the droplets from ever reaching you. The rain that once was our peace now had turned into a battle of storms that resided in our hearts. The blossoming tree was now dead. Our attempts to stay together slowly faded as each step we took only led us to be separated. The once shared vulnerabilities were knives piercing into the depths of our cracks, we felt exposed. The life full of art now felt like an ocean of lies and we both couldn’t swim so we watched each other drown. Nothing could ever be done, I couldn’t try and save you neither could you save me, after all we were stuck in this suffocating bond for the first and last time. The remains lay floating over the dark blue water, leaving a trail of shattered dreams and broken promises.  
Here I stand now, looking into your ice blue eyes which once glimmered brighter than the rain droplets reflecting light. Haunted by the mysteries of the unknowns of art, we stare at our emotionless faces; a wreckage. And I finally answer your question. “Life’s art. Some writer could have penned a tale of two people meeting while the rain poured, some singer could have echoed it into a song, some painter could have captured it on a canvas… but here we are, a masterpiece of their emotions unfolding in real time.…Existing as embodiments of their cruel art.” 

© 2023 Tanvi


Author's Note

Tanvi
Leave any suggestions if you wanna :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I quite enjoy the cinematic aspect in this - parts of this read like proper screenplay, perhaps allowing the reader easy immersion in its visuals. And then, the sense of dread that later occupies the comfort of baring one's vulnerabilities seems quite real, the way you put it. Although not terribly familiar with it myself, I find this work quite insightful in that regard, and ultimately emotionally fulfilling. Thank you.

Posted 6 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I quite enjoy the cinematic aspect in this - parts of this read like proper screenplay, perhaps allowing the reader easy immersion in its visuals. And then, the sense of dread that later occupies the comfort of baring one's vulnerabilities seems quite real, the way you put it. Although not terribly familiar with it myself, I find this work quite insightful in that regard, and ultimately emotionally fulfilling. Thank you.

Posted 6 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good writing. Enjoyed well.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tanvi

12 Months Ago

Thank you so muchh

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
2 Reviews
Added on September 18, 2023
Last Updated on September 18, 2023
Tags: Romance, Serendipity, Stormy Encounter, Vulnerabilities, Shattered Dreams, Emotional Turmoil, Separation, Rain symbolism, Introspection, Bittersweet Ending/

Author

Tanvi
Tanvi

Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong



Writing
Our lasts Our lasts

A Story by Tanvi