I Want to Save Tom

I Want to Save Tom

A Story by THWebb
"

My 10 yr old grandson's essay about The Outdoor Learning Center (referred to as the OLC in his essay) located in the Houston area and saving "Tom the turkey".

"

I Want to Save Tom

    

 

     Thanksgiving is not just about eating turkey (like Tom).  You should really consider having a different main course this year.

 

     If you kill Tom, what will his friends & family do?  Well, there'll be one less member in his family & his friends will be lonely.  His friends and family might think "How would you like it if Tom ate you for Thanksgiving!?"

 

     If you kill Tom, people might not come to the O.L.C. & if no one goes to the O.L.C. you won't make as much money.  You could get fired & you won't be able to spread your knowledge to kids.

 

     Finally, there are plenty of turkeys at H.E.B. or Kroger.  Those turkeys are already cleaned and are ready to cook.  It will also take a lot less time to buy one than having to kill, defeather, and clean Tom.  If you buy a turkey, you won't have to go through the sadness.

 

     In conclusion, please reconsider 'cause Tom's friends & family will be sad, you'll lose buissness, & it's hard work killing & cleaning a turkey.  P.S. poor Tom

 

written by Caden Kern

 

 

 

 

 

© 2011 THWebb


Author's Note

THWebb
I'm featuring my 10 year old grandson's essay on saving Tom the turkey. I have typed exactly as he has written it. I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I have.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Cool! SAVE TOM! I love it (:



Posted 12 Years Ago


Bravo!!! Your grandson is witty... a Brilliant little writer!!
Tell him to keep up the good work! You should be so proud, and I am sure you are. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

466 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 24, 2011
Last Updated on November 24, 2011