Where to go to get away?

Where to go to get away?

A Story by Deidre

The warm breeze brushed my skin gently. Its musical voice whispered a secret in my ear. The palm trees swayed slightly, their leaves rustled softly. The golden sand was warm beneath my feet. The receding tide called me closer.

I approached the water slowly, feeling the grains of sand crawl into the spaces between my toes. The sand turned damp and cool. I continued along the water’s edge, leaving behind a trail of footprints. A wave crept up to the shore, twirling around my ankles. It erased all traces of my path. No footprints lied before me, or behind me.
I stood there, unmoving as I felt the water kiss my feet, listened to the sea gulls cry their greetings. I looked to the horizon. The sky and sea met seamlessly. The blue-green water shimmered in the fading light of the orange-tinted golden orb. The orb was surrounded by a swirling spectrum of yellow, blue, red, purple, and pink.

I sank to the ground. The coolness of the salty liquid soaked through my jeans. I pulled my knees to my chest, arms wrapped around them automatically, fingers interlocking. I rest my chin on my knees, watching the golden ball sink beneath the water as the waves wash away the brilliant colors of the sky.

A call to my left pulled me away from the beautiful scene before me. I smiled once I realized who it was, and I stood, walked back to my father and said goodbye to Danny once last time since the accident.

© 2011 Deidre


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on June 22, 2011
Last Updated on June 22, 2011

Author

Deidre
Deidre

MA



About
Moved across the state, moved my old writing to here and adding new ones. Take a read and if you like I have plenty of time to read yours. I'm pretty honest as a warning. more..

Writing