A Sinking Feeling (or Mayday!)

A Sinking Feeling (or Mayday!)

A Poem by Sorry Infamous
"

A long time away from here... a lot rusty. Sorry!

"
Cold river
filled the hollows of my nose,
Sharp water
sprayed the back of my throat,
You released my tiny wrists
and I bounced up,
I got your glance,
your swollen eyes
I kissed your mouth,
your blue patched lips
This was the instant
I fell over you,
The moment
I fell for you,

Cold water
glistened on your white skin,
Sharp river
cradled away our indulgence,
I grabbed you by your feet
and pulled you under
You got my touch
my slippery fingers
You pulled my hair
my flowing crown
This was minute
You destroyed me,
This was the moment
You fell for me

© 2013 Sorry Infamous


Author's Note

Sorry Infamous
Pretty bad but just something to maybe get the creative juices flowing...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It may have been a cleaning of the pipes so to speak, but in your humble words so much can be inferred. This piece has so many lines that can be interpreted differently, to give the poem something new with every reading and by every reader. Don't apologize for effort or, for thinking there is little of value in this piece.
On the one hand it can be read like two people who've fell through the ice, or into cold raging waters. Then it also sounds like a rescue of sorts, perhaps two. Also, the second part in particular can be viewed with a seductive nature with positions and fluids being passed about in a sexual encounter. There is also, a completely different aspect of two people encountering each other and expressing what it was initially that caught the others eye or heart with regards to the other. Furthermore, I think you probably had another idea in mind so, as I said layers upon layers. Very nice.

Posted 11 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Astro

11 Years Ago

Nothing better than sharing a laugh with a new friend.
Sorry Infamous

11 Years Ago

As long as you say it eloquently. Thanks for the laugh before bed. I am sure you will see much more .. read more
Astro

11 Years Ago

Hope I do, Miss. Maple.
I am glad you are back Candace. I like the imagery here. The concept behind it and how what you feel about him is portrayed in one light and while him reciprocating lends a totally different feel. Keep coming back and thanks for sharing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

First off welcome back... I do not believe you missed a beat... love can be a blessing and a curse. Is it harder to love some one or be loved... any ways you returned to the poetic world with a vengeance.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

346 Views
3 Reviews
Added on June 2, 2013
Last Updated on June 2, 2013

Author

Sorry Infamous
Sorry Infamous

Canada



About
"I remeber asking a wise man, once . . . 'Why do Men fear the dark?' . . . 'Because darkness' he told me, 'is ignorance made visable.' 'And do Men despise ignorance?' I asked. 'No,' he said, 'they pri.. more..

Writing