Old Friends and New

Old Friends and New

A Chapter by Amanda
"

This is a kind of introduction to make you want to keep reading.

"
“Oh my my what have we done?
Guess we had a little too much fun
But what comes down, goes up again

Don’t you worry about me my friend
I’ll boot and rally, boot and rally, boot and rally, boot and rally
I’ll boot and rally, boot and rally, boot and rally, boot and rally”

My ringtone rang around my tiny bedroom, jolting me from my sleep. I groaned and pressed my face harder into my pillow. My cocoon of a comforter hid most of my body, save for the messy bun poking out. Did I dare try to sacrifice an arm to the coldness outside my cocoon?

I thought for a minute.

No.

I snuggled back into a ball, content to ignore whoever was texting me at eight-thirty in the morning.

Oh my my what have we done?
Guess we had a little too much fun-

“Alright, alright! I’m up!” I moaned, rolling my cocoon over to the side of the bed. I grabbed around for my phone until I found it. Pulling it into my little makeshift cave, I peered blearily at the screen.

Sophie: Get you’re a*s outta bed, so I can text you!

Sophie: Ok, now tht your up, I had the greatest idea in the history of ideas

I glared at the phone for a few minutes before sighing. There was no use trying to avoid the wrath of Sophie if you didn’t reply to her texts.

Amanda: For real this time?

As I waited for her reply, I glanced around my messy room. Spotting my favorite pair of shorts, I crawled out of bed with a thump to get to them. I was searching for a shirt when my phone went off again. Pulling on a v-neck with the American Eagle logo embroidered on it, I picked up the phone, grinning.

Sophie: Let’s go clubbing or something I wanna dance

Apparently, she’d decided to ignore my question and skip right to her idea. I shook my head as I walked into the little kitchen Derek and I shared. He was sprawled across the couch watching some cartoon. I opened the fridge as I texted back.

Amanda: sounds cool. Want me to invite any1 else?

I glanced at the clock, which told me I had about half an hour to get to work. Thank God it was Friday and I only had to work nine-thirty to three. I decided to just grab an apple which would hold me over until about supper.

I grabbed my large purse and put on my comfy flip flops. The door to the apartment was next to the entertainment center in our living room. Which was actually kind of an all-purpose room, since the only thing separating it and the kitchen was the difference in flooring.

“Someone’s looking happy,” Derek observed from the couch.

I shrugged, “What can I say?  It’s Friday!”

I checked my phone when I got situated in my black trailblazer.

Sophie: idc anybody free?

Amanda: Idk come in at lunch and we can plan

Sophie: Sounds good

Picture Perfect Moments, my workplace, is only about five minutes away from where I live, by car. I still had about ten minutes, so I was in no rush.

I looked into my mirror at a stoplight and groaned. I really should have brushed my hair before I’d left. Even though it was up in a bun, you could tell I hadn’t paid it any attention. My bangs were all stringy and I looked like a bum.

I decided that was okay.

When I finally got to work my boss was already there, like most days. I yawned as I entered the small shop, scratching my head and grabbing a blue apron. We’re required to wear them, even if they’re kind of annoying.

“Kaylee?” I called, walking back out to the front.

“Yeah?” She called back from somewhere in the front.

“Sophie’s coming by around lunch time!” We were still yelling.

“For pictures?”

“No, for plans,” I said as she finally emerged from behind one of the green screens.

Kaylee, my boss, also happens to be one of my best friends. She and I alternate between taking the pictures and working the counter. She owns this place and hired an intern last year, Cassie, who comes in later than me, and stays until about six on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays. “Alright. Well, let’s get to work.”

I laughed and pulled myself onto the counter. “We’re soooo busy.”

She laughed and threw a key chain at me, ”Shut up.”

“Pushy, pushy,” I tsked, rocking my feet back and forth. “Do you talk to Rob like that?  I don’t think he’d appreciate it very much.”

She blushed and glared at me.

Before I could continue teasing her, a costumer walked in. It was a guy that looked about the same age as Kaylee and I, nineteen or twenty. He looked kind of familiar, but I couldn’t place him.

“Do you need anything?” I asked politely, still trying to place him.

“Ah, no. Just looking around,” he said, furrowing his brow. I turned back to Kaylee.

“Does he look familiar?” I mouthed, and she nodded. “Who?”

“I don’t know,” she mouthed. Kaylee moved to the counter where I was, pretending to fix something. “I think we know him from school,” she said quietly.

“School? I think…”

“Do you have any frames with lady stuff on it?” The customer asked, holding a silver one up to the light. His hair was dark and not long enough to be totally curly, but you could tell it was. Familiar…

“Oh my God!” I cried, clapping a hand to my mouth to stop the giggles. “I know who you are!”

Kaylee’s eyes widened as I managed to choke out. “Grease!”


© 2012 Amanda


Author's Note

Amanda
So yeah, first chapter of OWSRALL's future. Thoughts?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

What am I doing up at 8:30? Do I have college or something? A job?
Also, who's grease? I feel as if I should know this...
MOAR!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Amanda

12 Years Ago

*advertising voice* FIND OUT THE ANSWERS TO ALL THESE QUESTIONS AND MORE IN THE NEXT INSTALLMENT OF .. read more
Sophie

12 Years Ago

:P

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 12, 2012
Last Updated on July 12, 2012
Tags: friendship, begining


Author

Amanda
Amanda

MA



About
i haven't been on this website in like three years??? oh my god everything is so s****y??? body, a:hover {cursor: url(http://cur.cursors-4u.net/others/oth-8/oth704.cur), progress !important;} more..

Writing
Love Stories Love Stories

A Poem by Amanda


War War

A Poem by Amanda


Heartbreaker Heartbreaker

A Poem by Amanda