Red, Orange and Blue.

Red, Orange and Blue.

A Poem by Casey Nicolee
"

3rd Place!! Congratulations!!!!!

"

Red colors.

Orange leafs.

Blue roses.

I see life from the aspect of a camera. Each item put into your life requires a reason and a color designated to that item. You put certain precations up and put certain fencing around you to dictate the feelings of despair and greif. You can never be full and be accredited for them, you just live to die.

Red colors.

Orange leafs.

Blue roses.

I can only dictate the life I live and the stories I tell. I do not have the right nor the power to judge another's faults or flaws. That is a discredit against man-kind and against the human race. Each person born into this world is born with a right to speak what is on their mind and a right to design their future.

Red colors.

Orange leafs.

Blue roses.

I see life through a camera lense. We are put in front of a 10 foot fence, expected to jump over it because we are put on this earth with great expectatations. We are expected to give faith in god and hope in ourselves. I think that is a fair enough plan for our lives. Don't you? After everything God did give us.

Red colors.

Orange leafs and

Blue roses.

 

© 2014 Casey Nicolee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked the visuals you created. Your pacing was great and really let the poem flow. :) I like the story/point you told here. Also, I think your use of repetition was creative and I liked how you made a point with your last stanza. :)

My favorite line was:
¨We are put in front of a 10 foot fence, expected to jump over it because we are put on this earth with great expectatations.¨

Nitpicks:
You misspelled the word ¨expectatations¨ it should be ¨expectations¨.
Is the word ¨precations¨ supposed to be ¨precautions¨??? I wasn't sure and it made me stumble and that hinder the wonderful flow of words you had...
Also, ¨greif¨ is ¨grief¨
The word ¨man-kind¨ is one word... get rid of the dash...

I loved this poem! :) I'm not trying to ear it apart with my corrections.. I would want someone to do the same for me... Great pen Casey! ^.^

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 8, 2014
Last Updated on November 8, 2014