23

23

A Chapter by Steven26192
"

The story unfolds on a vast medieval Western magic continent. In this age of expansion and aggression, money rules everything and conspiracies loom over the entire continent like dark clouds.

"
The leisurely days always fly by, and along with the harsh winter comes the decree of His Majesty the King.

Together with the Earl of Fresnan, the Earl of Ravey and important officials of Cherbourg, Edouard stood on the promenade in front of the Sheriff's House of Cherbourg to await the arrival of the envoy.

The wind was bitterly cold, and the cedars planted on both sides of the promenade were shivering in the cold wind, and the hundred-meter-long granite floor was covered with a thick red carpet. Edward stood at the forefront of the Thurth Castle officials, with Miss Landy standing behind him.

Miss Landy's current status is his personal secretary. Time has passed for a long time, the envoy's carriage is late, the crowd stood in the middle of the open square, the body began to be a little stiff, some people began to shiver up.

Edwards felt Miss Landy behind him shiver a little and asked, "Are you cold, Miss Landy?"

"No, there's nothing." Miss Landy replied, but her voice clearly didn't match the words she was saying, it was a little shaky.

"Everyone, the Lord Special Envoy will not arrive for a while, so let's go back inside the auditorium." Edouard commanded.

For the little lord's orders, the officers of Thurth Castle, of course, will not disobey, not to mention standing in front of the square to drink the northwest wind, is not something they are happy about.

"The Lord Envoy will be here soon, does it seem unreasonable for us to leave without permission?" Count Fesnan asked.

Count Fresnan said this bracket to the escort sergeant standing next to him.

This officer was a member of the Knights of the Guard who was responsible for protecting the envoy's arrival at Cherbourg, and it was he who came to deliver the news that the envoy would be arriving soon. Hearing Count Fresnan say so, most of the officials of Cherbourg did not dare to go back.

If the Lord Envoy happened to arrive at this time, it would undoubtedly be quite a rude thing to do without a greeter in the field, but Edouard was not impressed by what Count Fresnan said.

In fact, so long since the officer came to deliver the message, the special envoy appointed by His Majesty, still delayed the arrival, all this makes Edouard feel and at his recognition ceremony, how similar to the Earl of Martial tactics. These two gentlemen were taught by the same teacher, even this boring trick all exactly the same.

For this Edouard had been prepared. In Cherbourg, he could be said to be one of the first to know that His Majesty had sent an envoy, for Faith had already returned with detailed information from thousands of miles away.

The day before yesterday and yesterday two whole days, Edouard is with Draddy, Faith and Mr. Hyde, in a large pile of documents spent. From the information gathered, it seemed that the envoy had come from a bad place, and it seemed that His Majesty did not want to give up on the affairs of Cherbourg. Although it was not known what decree His Majesty had sent that envoy to issue, the identity of this envoy itself was extremely mysterious.

This envoy, whose full name is Nirdy Jaredis Robeld, is known for his strong temper in the capital, and corresponding to his temper, his backstage is also quite strong. This Earl Robeld, who is the cousin of Earl Ravenel, the deputy treasurer of the Royal Family, is also a member of the Order of the Royal Family and holds the title of Knight of the Royal Family.

From the information, it seems that, unlike most of the royal knights, this Earl of Robeld does have some real talent. He is very proficient in martial arts and is a good user of the two-handed great sword, having won several times in sword fighting tournaments when he was young.

Although the fencing tournament held in the capital, Franck, never allowed swordsmen from the army to participate, and even excluded the Paladin Order, being able to rank among thousands of noble swordsmen was quite enough to make the Count of Robeld proud.

It is because of this that Robelde tried his best to present a tough and rigid image in front of people, and over time this became his trademark.

His Majesty sent such an envoy to Cherbourg to issue a decree, the purpose of which can be imagined, at least Mr. Hyde and his people will never think that this gentleman just come to issue a decree so simple.

In fact, it is clear from the fact that the Count brought a guard of nearly two hundred knights to protect his life that this time it is not a good thing to come.

For those who come to trouble, naturally, we must make the appropriate response in advance is, but this time, Draddy obviously want to let Edwards himself to grasp the proportion, so he only said four words "improvise".

Edwards rather suspected that it was originally Mr. Hyde's idea. Because, when Drady and himself to discuss all the possible accidents, several times Drady seems to be unable to resist to make certain hints to themselves, but, in the end, and will be almost to the mouth of the bracket, to swallow back.

Edwards clearly remembered that when he left Mr. Hyde's room, Draddy whispered to him that Mr. Hyde had already arranged everything, and he could do it completely free and bold.

Although, not much was said, but Edwards had fully understood what Draddy implied: Mr. Hyde obviously did not think that compromise and retreat would allow them to preserve the paradise of Southport.

The deeper Edouard got into this huge conspiracy, the more he felt that Mr. Hyde had intended to go toe-to-toe with His Majesty the King, and it was clear that the king of the Shady Kingdom was not afraid of the real ruler of the Kingdom of Frans.

Edwards does not know how much success this gamble has, but he knows at least one thing, Mr. Hyde definitely holds more than just his ace in his hand. It can even be said that his card was originally just a card that was not extremely important to show on the surface. However, with the increase in his strength, especially when he became a disciple of the teacher of Mashik, it is clear that this not very important card has become a trump card that can determine victory or defeat.

Mr. Hyde, on the balance of probabilities, no longer seemed to be prepared to use cards that were more powerful and at the same time more deadly. Another thing that reassured Edvard was that Mr. Hyde had already set up his men in Cherbourg.

Compared with the king who is high and mighty and nominally owns the whole kingdom of Franshi, and the king's army and the invincible paladin order, Mr. Hyde also has his knights who run in the night.

Taking out those killers clearly and cleanly by those of Count Martial's men is only part of Mr. Hyde's true strength. Mr. Hyde spent his early years at sea, naturally he knew many pirates who depended on passing ships to make a living.

When Mr. Hyde became the king of the shadowy world on land, it is natural to deal with those pirates from time to time.

Those across the seven seas of desperadoes is not a weak force, even the sea power known as the Italian Lei, do not dare to easily offend these pirates, so much so that they have to recognize the existence of these pirates, and provide a lot of money every year to get the peace and smoothness of the sea route.

Edwards knew that he was able to reach this agreement, in which Mr. Hyde took a lot of credit. The pirates had undoubtedly also become loyal allies of Mr. Hyde because of this matter. Edwards knew that somewhere in the Butte Forest, near Thurth Castle, there was at least one pirate crew hiding there.

With such a powerful and unknown strength behind him, Edouard felt like a dark prince in myth and legend, with the help of countless evil forces hidden in the darkness behind him. Sealed in the Draddy said that "improvisation", Edward can certainly understand.

Because of this, Edouard, after pretending to think for a while, ordered Count Fresnan in a commanding tone, "Acting Lord, please form the greeting party into two teams and change shifts every hour, and the group whose turn has not come will wait inside the auditorium. You ask the attendants to get some warm drinks to warm up the officials waiting outside who are in charge of the greeting."

After saying this, Edouard turned around and said again towards Count Laivi: "Military Chief, I order you to send an outpost to be responsible for welcoming the Lord Envoy into Cherbourg, and once you meet the Lord Envoy, you will immediately have the knights return on Pegasus and inform us all to be ready to welcome him."

Count Fesnan and Count Ravey followed the orders of the young lord and set up.

The sergeant, who always stood silent on the side, let the flurry of orders faze him. He really couldn't imagine that these senior officers were so obedient to the orders of this underage teenager. This is really too unthinkable.

However, the young lord's thoughtfulness did make him unable to find a handle.

The sergeant was not a fool, he could certainly see that if he stepped in and insisted that everyone stand in the cold, not only would he reveal himself, but he would also arouse the resentment of all the officials of Cherbourg.

Although their Earl did not care about the resistance of these local nobles, because he had a strong background, and was appointed by His Majesty the King to come here to issue the decree of the Minister, but he did not need to offend these big people. However, if the Count's orders are not followed, it will be his own fault. Thinking of this, the sergeant decided to report back to the Count immediately.

Edwards was not interested in what the sergeant was doing. He and Miss Landy went back to the Sheriff's office in the Sheriff's mansion on their own.

This should have been the place where Earl Fresnan handled official business as acting lord, and he did have this power, but since Edward's identity as the lord's heir was confirmed, or when he saw Edward kill the wizard in the cathedral in plain sight in the blink of an eye, Earl Fresnan voluntarily gave up this office.

A roaring fire was burning in the office fireplace, so the room was steaming.

Miss Landy remained silently by Edward's side, and she did not ask him whether it was right to do so, nor did she ask him what he thought of the Earl of Robeld. And Edwards also remained silent, not knowing whether his decision was the right one, because, for the first time, it would be the first time he made a decision alone.

He now truly understood why Draddy was always so worried whenever he had to set up and plan an operation. Edward now deeply understand the huge difference between making a plan and deciding to plan.

His face rushed out the window, his breathing extremely heavy and long. The glass of the window was covered with a residence of water.

"Edouard, you seem nervous." Miss Randi finally broke the silence.

"Yes." Edwards replied.

Miss Landy walked over to Edwards and held him by the shoulders and said, "Everyone here stands behind you, they need you to protect them, and at the same time they are your strong back."

"Thank you, Miss Landy, that's very kind of you to say, and you make me feel reassured that I'm not alone." Edwards said.

"No, it's not my words, it's a phrase that grandfather often wears on his lips, he always says it's the duty of being a lord." Miss Landy said, "Auntie asked me to pass on this phrase to you."

Edwards turned to look at Miss Landy in surprise, knowing full well the implications of that last statement.

"I just want to keep the agreement between Miss Meding and Mr. Hyde that the throne of the lord should belong to the Meding family and should belong to our children." Edouard said softly.

His words caused a red cloud to fly up on Miss Randi's face, though shyness still couldn't hide the disappointment in her heart. That was not the answer she needed. For a moment the two were silent, and the office became unusually quiet. It was only after a long time that the silence was broken by a knock at the door. Miss Landy went up to open the door.

"Lord Lords, Miss Landy, the special envoy Lord sent by His Majesty the King has arrived." Count Fesnan said with a ragged breath, apparently his age was no longer suitable for intense exercise.

Edwards went to the window and looked. From the far side of the street came a carriage, followed by a long line of cavalry guards on steeds, each in front of and behind the carriage. Downstairs the Cherbourg officials came running out of the auditorium, all looking so panicked and nervous.

"Count Fresnan you go down to set up the welcome ceremony, Miss Landy and I will be right down." Edouard said slowly.

"Yes, yes, yes ......" Count Fesnan agreed and ran downstairs.

Edouard stood at the window watching the movement below, somehow he is now calm in his heart. Standing in front of the window of the lord's office, he had an indescribable, overlooking all the feeling, as if everything is in his hands.

"You've thought of a way to deal with that envoy?" Miss Randi asked.

"Well ...... this is not possible, I still do not know what kind of tactics His Majesty the King and that envoy gentleman want to play on me, not to meet for how to deal with this envoy gentleman, I have some certainty in my mind." Edwards said, the tone of voice is full of confidence.

"Would you mind letting me share your secret?" Miss Randi asked softly.

"No, of course not." Edward said: "I just want to let the envoy perform as much as he can, just like Earl Martial did at the beginning, and I also want to see who else in Cherbourg has no confidence in me. The Pifleys and the Tornams are in a similar situation, but the Pifleys and I are not so emotionally entangled, so they are more likely to remain neutral. The real worry for me is the Earl of Ravey, who is only deterred by the strength of Mr. Hyde and me, but he is the most distant one from me in Cherbourg, both in terms of origin and emotion, not to mention the fact that Lady Ornell is always hostile to me."

Miss Landy listened silently to everything Edwards said, and for some reason, there was a vague sense of loss in her heart.

"Now it's time for us to get out there." Edwards, said, walking out of the office and heading downstairs.

The officials obviously spent so much time inside the warm auditorium, plus the cup of hot drink has also played a role, each full of red face looks extremely refreshed.

Coming out of the Sheriff's residence, Edwards saw Earl Fresnan and Earl Rave standing in the distance. Count Fresnan looked anxious and uneasy, while Count Levi was much calmer. The envoy's carriage was firmly parked at the front of the promenade, and two rows of knights stood majestically on either side of the promenade.

They were dressed in velvet robes of sky blue, covered with silver armor, which was finely carved, with silver helmets on their heads, and fluffy soft camel velvet fluttering behind their heads. Edwards was no stranger to such attire, which was the standard attire of the King's knights, but although the King's knights were of noble status, the Gao was a notorious embroiderer.

He slowly walked up to Count Fresnan and Count Levi.

"Why hasn't the Lord Envoy been greeted off the carriage?" Edouard asked.

Count Fesnan looked at the young lord, he really some confused this teenager that profound ideas.

"We're all waiting for Your Excellency." Count Laivet explained.

Edouard nodded and said, "The identity of the envoy represents the prestige of His Majesty the King, let us greet this honored guest from the capital with the most solemn courtesy."

Although it is not clear what is in the mind of the young lord, Count Fesnan and Count Ravey are all in the circle full of rivalry for many years of experience in the role, from the envoy intends to let all the officials of Cherbourg stand in the open air to drink the northwest wind on this matter, has long been seen, the envoy is intended to give the crowd a downward spiral.

This teenage young lord is young, but there is no reason why he can't see this, and now he is holding the envoy so high in his hands, definitely not to show goodwill to His Majesty the King.

Both this young lord lord and Mr. Hyde hiding behind him are definitely not the kind of soft role that looks at people's faces. Earl Fesnan and Earl Laivi served these two big men more carefully.

They secretly decided that between the young lord and His Majesty the king, they absolutely could not take sides. Absolute neutrality might make them lose the favor of the victor, but standing in the wrong position was enough to make their family doomed.

The actions of Count Martial Fuchu were obviously at the behest of His Majesty the King. And this young lord is also a ruthless role. Since the mind has an idea, Count Fesnan naturally understand how to do it.

The nominal supreme leader of Cherbourg must after all be his nominal acting lord, Count Fesnan, with all the important officials of Cherbourg, greeted the carriage.

The special envoy slowly got down from the carriage. Although the floor was covered with a red carpet, although many officials greeted him with respect. Although the greeting officials put up a picture of the most solemn and warm greeting ceremony, but the officials' compliments came late, which is quite unsatisfactory to him.

What surprised him, though, was that according to his own sergeant, the young lord, who had not yet come of age, was a rather difficult character, and that the officials of Cherbourg, large and small, were apparently quite obedient to his orders. This seemed to be somewhat at odds with everything that the incredibly foolish Count Martial had told His Majesty.

According to the description of that Count Martial, the young lord is just the last member of the Medin family - a puppet figure set up by the old Miss Medin and the acting lord.

Although the king had doubts at first, with such a deep-rooted power in Cherbourg, how could the Matil family be driven out of the land where their ancestors had grown up and prospered by the acting lord who did not care about the actual things?

And that Count Martial was obviously afraid of something. His timidity even made him seem a bit nervous, and he was obviously strongly stimulated before leaving Cherbourg, not to mention that something else seemed extremely abnormal.

Count Martial also remained evasive about the men His Majesty had sent to him to help him seize power as lord of Cherbourg. He claimed that those men were still lurking in Cherbourg, hibernating for the time being and waiting for further orders from His Majesty.

Count Robert de Robelde increasingly felt that something was fishy.

......

Until the envoy of the Lord from the carriage, Edouard only then clearly look at the Fu Wen to rigidly known as the Earl of Robelde, the most attention, but also the most memorable is that the Earl of Robelde that is always cold popping face, the pale in a slightly blue face, reminiscent of the granite floor underfoot.

The narrow pupils make his eyes look particularly fierce, and his angular features, as well as the high, straight, towering forehead, are all in keeping with his reputation for rigidity.

Edouard decided to stay out of the picture himself for a while and let Count Fesnan act as the real acting lord for once. Because of this, Edouard always stood behind Count Fesnan, looking calm and obedient.

This made Count Fresnan, who was familiar with the character of the young lord, feel worried, and strengthened his certainty about the plan against the envoy that Edouard had in mind.

Count Fresnan felt helpless for being in this difficult position. Although he had never been so majestic on the surface, even the Earl of Laivi, who had always despised him, was also bowing down and following his side. Unfortunately, he himself knows that he is facing and behind him stand, are two big people he absolutely can not afford to mess with.

And he had to maneuver between these two big figures, which can be imagined. But Count Fresnan also has no other way to get rid of all this, he knows very well that Earl Laivi certainly will not give him a helping hand, the time has not yet arrived, the young lord will definitely not strike.

Count Fresnan was like swallowing a bitter bile, but his face had to show as much as possible a respectful and attentive smile to greet the envoy.

Although Count Robert de Robelde was puzzled by the fact that the situation in Cherbourg was very different from what His Majesty had told him, he was used to being flattered and was always praised as a model of strength, so how could Count Robert de Robelde let the momentum he had worked so hard to build up be completely wasted because of this little accident?

The king's envoy, the supreme envoy, walked at the front of the procession with his head held high.

Count Fesnan carefully waited and greeted the lord into the Sheriff's residence.

Countless ribbons stretched from the hall to the entrance, the most expensive silk from Southport, red carpets were laid on the floor of the Sheriff's residence, and the famous books that were usually collected were now all around the walls.

The well-dressed marching band always followed along, playing a boisterous welcome song non-stop.

Count Fresnan spared no expense to make this as good as it could be.

However, the Earl, who was known for his rigidity, was obviously not satisfied with the greeting ceremony of such a scale. In fact, even if he was already quite satisfied in his heart, he had to show a hint of dissatisfaction because, according to his experience, a fussy boss would make his men feel afraid, and fear would make those men respect their bosses more.

This has been the experience of Count Robert de Roche for many years, but because of this, he is not popular with others.

In the court, he does not have many allies, after all, no one will be willing to get too close to this guy like a thorn in the side of the guy who likes to stab people.

Although, as time went on, Count Robert de felt that his rigidity was too much of a hindrance to his climbing to higher positions, he was not able to call the shots in the capital like his cousin usually did, no matter how hard he tried.

And he considered himself far above his cousin in terms of both talent and diligence.

This was his chance to make a statement. Earl Robert knew very well that his cousin, Earl Ravenel, also wanted to be the lord of Cherbourg, and he was trying to get this fat job into his own arms, but His Majesty obviously preferred himself and put this beautiful job into his hands.

According to His Majesty's decree, he is actually a lord, and the young man is just the heir to the lord. However, what can be used to pry the heir from this position?

Count Robert de Rabelais already has some regrets, should have learned more from Martial's mouth before coming.

As far as he knew, Martial's thoughts and his own almost exactly the same, only that he was openly relying on the hands of the Emperor's decree and have no fear, while Martial is completely in the dark sneakily planning everything.

But whether it's openly or using dark means, it shouldn't lose to this stupid and cowardly acting lord in front of you, and, before this acting lord every time he speaks, he always looks at the lord's heir from time to time, obviously he is extremely afraid of that teenager. This is really no reason! With a thousand doubts in his heart, this Robelde read the king's decree.

"All of you in Cherbourg ......," said Count Robert, in a long tone, omitting even the polite greetings that would normally be expected of him, "I have come a long way to bring His Majesty the King's decree I have come all this way to convey His Majesty's interest in Cherbourg, and you should all feel honored by it. Let us praise our king, and may the gods always be by his side ......"

The Earl of Robeld, in order to make the crowd remember that he had come on this occasion with the authority of His Majesty the King, therefore made a great deal of the King's majesty, and then said: "His Majesty the King has approved the identification of all of you in Cherbourg with Mr. Edward de Taternes, who has been allowed by His Majesty the Merciful to bear his mother's name in the middle of his name I have come to convey His Majesty's grace, and to announce that Mr. Edward de Medine Tatnis inherits the earldom of the House of Medine, and the cognac of the town of Leydin and the five hundred and twenty-nine lands on the southern coast."

The envoy paused here and looked at the crowd's reaction, especially that of the young lord.

What makes him feel less happy is that, although most people are showing a heart a big stone fallen to the ground general reassuring look, but the little lord heir always remained silent look, as if the news for him is not so unexpected and gratifying.

Earl Robert de Roubelde would like to know how the heir to the little lordship will look when he hears the next bad news, whether he will remain this indifferent look or become frightened or thunderstruck.

The Minister went on to say, "However, as Count Edward de Medine Tatnis is young and does not have sufficient control and ability to use his property and coveted territory, and as the heir to the Lordship of Cherbourg, he does not have the wisdom and qualifications to be the Sheriff of Cherbourg, His Majesty hereby orders me to be the guardian of Count Edward de Medine Tatnis. Earl of Nice as his guardian."

The envoy's words were obviously beyond the expectations of most of the people in the field. Because Edwards is not without a guardian, Lord Hyde is his legal guardian, and in the identification of the young lord's heir handed to His Majesty clearly mentioned this point, His Majesty could not be unaware of this matter.

Depriving a legal guardian of his authority is not much less serious than depriving a nobleman of his hereditary domains. In fact, it was the sanctity of the legal guardianship that ensured that the noble domains were not thus arbitrarily appropriated by others.

"Lord Envoy, I already have a guardian in the person of Lord Keviere Egret Hyde, His Majesty's faithful servant." Edouard said unhurriedly.

He did not worry that the king's order would create confusion for him, because they had expected that such a thing might happen.

The Earl of Lobelde obviously did not put that small hereditary lord, who had no power, in his eyes. The reason why His Majesty dared to make such a rash decision at the beginning was that the legal guardian was only an insignificant minor nobleman.

Although the status of the legal guardian is sacrosanct, I'm sure there is no one who would cross His Majesty for a hereditary lord.

Earl Robert said coldly: "His Majesty does not think that Lord Hyde can give you enough education, let a hereditary lord to teach the future lord, no matter what people say, is a joke. In view of this, His Majesty has sent me to be your guardian, I will give you enough education, will let you become a qualified lord, but you should be prepared, I am a very strict guardian, absolutely will not allow you to be reckless."

"I'm sorry, I think His Majesty the State Worker is mistaken, as far as I know, unless the guardian has committed such a major crime as treason, no one is able to deprive the guardian of his duties, not even His Majesty the King has such power." Edwardian said.

"I am well aware of the decree, but it shows precisely how much His Majesty cares for you, and I do not wish to bother explaining such things that anyone can see." Count Robert de Robelde said with a wry face.

"A decree is a decree, and although there may be omissions in a decree, a decree must be obeyed, as if His Majesty the Fifth had said so. Does His Majesty think that the most important phrase spoken by his ancestor, who has been admired by generations of Franks, is completely wrong? What is more, His Majesty has obviously not properly verified the identity of Lord Hyde, who is sufficiently qualified to be my guardian. He is not only a hereditary lord of the Kingdom of Franks, but also a Knight of the Temple granted by His Holiness the Pope himself. For my guardianship certificate is signed by His Holiness the Pope himself, I wonder if His Majesty the King thinks he is more holy and greater than His Holiness the Pope, or if His Excellency the Count thinks he is more noble than a Knight Templar." Edouard said with a smile.

These words of Edouard surprised Earl Robert, who definitely did not expect to run into such a big trouble just after arriving at Thurth Castle. What surprised him even more was that this fellow Martial had obviously concealed everything about Lord Hyde.

According to him, Lord Hyde was just a common merchant who started as a businessman, rich but without any background. It was because he swore to His Majesty that Count Fresnan was the only enemy in Cherbourg, and that all this was planned by Count Fresnan alone. Therefore, His Majesty made this arrangement without further investigation and verification.

It suddenly occurred to Count Robert de Roberval that the Count of Martial had finally taken refuge in the protection of Prince Phillips, instead of choosing to hide under the wings of His Majesty, which was obviously a perversion.

Only at that time, everyone thought that Count Martial had lost his use, and His Majesty the King was instead glad to get rid of a useless waste. Since Prince Phillips liked this treasure, it was just the right time to kick this guy to the Prince.

Now that I think about it: it is very likely that everything Count Martial said was directed by Prince Phillips. No one knew better than Count Robert de Robelde about the inextricable conflict between Prince Phillips and His Majesty the King.

In the capital city of Frans, everyone knew that His Majesty the King could not wait for Prince Phillips to die sooner, and the Lord Prince obviously had the exact same mind as His Majesty the King, and it was for this reason that His Majesty the King never received the messengers sent by the pro-workers.

If it was said that Prince Phillips had secretly set all this up, Count Robert de Robelde was absolutely convinced of it. Because he now found out that His Majesty and himself obviously greatly underestimated that Lord Hyde. And the plan that His Majesty had made obviously made himself have to meet this Lord Hyde head-on. All this is certainly what Prince Phillips would like to see.

The Earl of No Encounter Robeld also knows very well that he is now riding a tiger, and if he misses this opportunity, His Majesty will definitely not appoint himself to take full charge of the affairs of Cherbourg again.

For the king, a different person and a different method to control Cherbourg is obviously an optimal choice. But losing this opportunity to get such a great opportunity for yourself again, then I do not know when to wait.

In fact, for Robelde, he waited his whole life for this opportunity, because like him such a strong man, his Majesty really does not have much chance to reuse him.

The envoy made up his mind to bet everything he had on this big gamble, anyway, behind himself there is the king's majesty the big banker, win they can get a large share of the benefits, lost also at best as this back no two.

And even if he loses, other people will not be able to reap the benefits of it. His Majesty the King should know in any case that Cherbourg is not something he can easily control.

Earl Robert knew very well that for His Majesty, Thurth Castle was not his most keen concern. Compared with deciding the successor of the lord of Cherbourg, the importance of how to cut the military power in Prince Phillips' hands was obviously worlds apart. For this reason, His Majesty even negotiated secretly with the kingdom of Deli to the kingdom of Frans, a long-time enemy of the kingdom of Frans.

His Majesty the King was obviously anxious to obtain a peace agreement, or even a treaty of alliance and peace.

In His Majesty's opinion, although Deli to ambitious, trying to devour Frans, but the hands of six magicians and the undefeated Holy Knights, coupled with Yirei will definitely not stand by, Deli to anyhow difficult to resist the attack from both sides. Because of this, compared to Prince Phillips, who is a direct threat to the king's position, Deli to is obviously a less dangerous enemy.

Understanding all this, the envoy said: "Perhaps you are not wrong, but his Majesty's will cannot be doubted, and since he has ordered me to be your guardian, this is the duty I must perform, unless his Majesty withdraws his order, and of course I know it is against the law to take away the guardianship without permission. Let the king correct his own error. I ask the acting lord to revise a document proving that Lord Hyde is sufficiently qualified to be the guardian of the lord's heir, and I think his majesty will never dispute with his Holiness, but until then, and before his majesty sends his next envoy to recall me to the capital, I must complete my mission, and in the meantime I must do my duty as guardian."

The Earl of Robeld did not intend to compete with Lord Hyde for this guardianship, what he wanted was just an acknowledgement - an acknowledgement that he was able to exercise the guardianship for the time being before the King's decree had arrived, which was enough for him to have Thurth Castle completely in his hands.

What's more, he had a once-and-for-all solution that would make him the true lord of Thurth Castle himself.

Unlike Count Martial, Count Robelde was confident in his own force, he himself was a good swordsman, and those knights he brought with him were the elite of the royal knights, or at least he thought so.

If someone had told him that with those knights in his hands there was no way to finish off a teenager in their control, he would never have believed this thing. Unfortunately, he did not know from Count Martial the identity of the magician that the heir of the lord possessed.

Count Martial, who was instructed by Prince Phillips, concealed this most important matter from His Majesty the King. He did not even tell the king that there was also the presence of an assassin with the strength of a paladin beside that Lord Hyde, and there was even a magician with superb strength behind them to back up everyone.

Count Martial never knew who the Mosaic magician really was, and His Highness forbade him to ask anything about it.

Little did Count Robert de Robelde know that what he was planning was exactly what Prince Phillips wanted him to carry out.


© 2023 Steven26192


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

31 Views
Added on June 25, 2023
Last Updated on June 25, 2023
Tags: Magic


Author

Steven26192
Steven26192

Writing
V1C1 V1C1

A Chapter by Steven26192


V1C2 V1C2

A Chapter by Steven26192


V1C3 V1C3

A Chapter by Steven26192