17

17

A Chapter by Steven26192
"

The story unfolds on a vast medieval Western magic continent. In this age of expansion and aggression, money rules everything and conspiracies loom over the entire continent like dark clouds.

"
It was late at night, but the night sky of Cherbourg was still full of light. Like Southport, a bright light was lit everywhere in Cherbourg at night, and the square in front of those majestic huge buildings was even more brilliantly lit.

On both sides of the street every five or six meters there is an oil lamp set up, the lamplighter pushed a cart filled with oil in the street back and forth to patrol, they are the people who bring light to Cherbourg, they are also the busiest people every night.

Evenings in Cherbourg are also extremely busy, as is Southport.

It is customary for residents of Lehigh, Pittston and Butte to go to bed early at night, but for many people in Cherbourg and Southport, nightfall is the official start of the day.

Sitting on top of a luxurious carriage, Edwards leaned close to Miss Landy's arm, their intimate actions did not affect their careful reading of the thin file held in Miss Landy's hand.

"The Tornham family is very influential in Cherbourg, they have been in charge of the large and small affairs of Piton for centuries, the Tornham family was originally composed of six scattered families through mutual marriage, and eventually merged together, during these centuries, these six families always intermarried within an extremely narrow range, and finally formed The family has more than a dozen viscount titles, and their power is deep-rooted in the south of the Franks." Miss Lundy was so detailed that she poured out everything she knew to Edward.

"Do the Tornhams have any advantage over the three great families of Cherbourg?" Edouard asked.

"They are two completely different situations, even if the three families of Cherbourg also have a huge difference between each other. The Fresnan family is the oldest of the three families. The ancestor of the Fresnan family was originally the deputy of the ancestor of the Medin family, and the descendants of the Fresnan family have assisted the lords of the Medin family for generations, therefore, it can be said that the Fresnan family is nominally the most noble family besides the Medin family. Unlike the Fresnan family, the Reeves family was dispatched to Cherbourg by His Majesty the Seventh to take charge of military affairs during the reign of Franz VII, precisely because it was appointed by His Majesty himself, so this family has had an unshakable position for centuries, even the Medin family could not interfere with military affairs, except that there was never a war in Cherbourg, and military affairs were merely a tool to maintain order and enforce rulings. The Ravey family, although powerful, but the actual influence is not much. The real influence in Cherbourg is the Martial family, the Martial family is originally the local nobility of Cherbourg, they settled here before His Majesty the Fifth reclaimed the south of Frans, Cherbourg was also reclaimed by their diligence at first. Before the prosperity of Southport and Leh, all the government affairs of Cherbourg were controlled by this family, because they held the tax revenue of the southern part of Frans." Miss Randi introduced.

At this time Edwards suddenly interjected and asked, "Is it possible that taxes are not in the hands of the Martyrs now?"

"You can say yes or no, Edouard, you should know that Southport and Leh are private territories of the Medin family, and in Frans, the property within the private territory belongs to the lord who owns the territory, and the lord only needs to pay a certain percentage of taxes according to the size of the land. The only exception is that if a gold mine is found in the territory, it must belong to His Majesty the King, who will allocate a certain percentage of the money from the gold mine as compensation to the lord. Southport was not a gold mine, but a richer moneymaker than any gold mine, but there was no precedent that the Medin family had to give all the taxes to His Majesty, except that the old Count Medin was not a greedy and stingy man, and he still gave most of the taxes to His Majesty in the same way as the gold mines were found, but the duty of collecting taxes was held by the old Count, and it was in this way that the financial power that was originally in the hands of the Martial The financial power originally in the hands of the Martial family, in these decades back to the Medin family, and by the old Count Lord redistribution of power, as far as I know, the Martial family is extremely dissatisfied. Therefore, the most likely one who is in charge behind the scenes is, according to Auntie's speculation, the Martial family." Miss Randi said.

"Could it be that Auntie has some way of dealing with the Martials?" Edouard asked.

"It is difficult, the Martyr family not only has great power in Cherbourg, in the court their influence is also great, you do not know, the original noble rank of the Martyr family is only a viscount, but, because of the control of the financial power of Cherbourg, therefore, for hundreds of years, the Martyr family is the richest family in Cherbourg, therefore, they also have enough money in the court Up and down everywhere, the viscount is how to become an earl, in fact, the Martial family and many families in the capital have a close in-law relationship, which further consolidates the status of this family in Cherbourg." Miss Randi said.

"What the hell does the gubernatorial grandmother think?" Edouard asked.

"This, I'm not sure, she just wants me to help you familiarize yourself with the nobility of Thurth Castle, because, although the Matil family is strong but they are not hand and eye, completely control everything, especially in recent decades, their strength waned extremely powerful, control properly, we can completely hollow out the Matil family." Miss Randi said.

"It is for this reason that we must draw in the Tornhams, as well as the Reilta and the Pifleys who visited earlier, is that right?" Edouard asked.

"The Raelta family is in charge of the Knights of Cherbourg, which is the most powerful weapon in the hands of the Medin family, moreover, the Raelta family and the Raiwei family restrain each other, the Pifolai family is in charge of agriculture and transportation, although the status and authority is not high, but extremely important, this family is also quite large, with the latent strength that is unimaginable, and as far as I know, this family is The wealthiest family in Cherbourg besides the Medin and Martyr families. The Tornham family is in charge of Piton County, and they have even more huge connections, not to mention that these three families have been inextricably linked to the Medin family for generations, and are the most loyal supporters of the Medin family." Miss Randi said.

"That was perfectly obvious. When that old Viscount Relta saw me, he looked as if he was extremely excited, and so was his son. The Viscount Pifflé family was again really too polite, which made me really a bit overwhelmed, I wonder, how the Tornham family would treat me." Edouard said with a smile.

"Of course, Viscount Relta watched your mother grow up, he was full of fatherly love for your mother, Miss Lissa, you do not know that your mother was a rather playful girl when she was a child, and once fell into the river by accident, and the river was extremely fast, it was the son of that Viscount Relta, jumped down the rushing river to save your mother, and his left arm was His left arm was broken by a big tree that came downstream, and you should have seen that his hand was not very handy." Miss Randi explained with a smile.

Edwards felt more than a little uncomfortable with Miss Landy's intentional reminder that Miss Lisa was his mother.

"However, the Tornham family may not be so polite to you." Miss Landy pursed her lips and said with a sneaky smile.

"Why?" Edwards asked.

"The Tornham family has always had an extremely deep opinion of Mr. Tatnis, the reputation of the Byrdit family is not very good, at the same time, the Tornham family is thriving, of which there are many people who have a crush on your mother, and now, several major figures of the Tornham family are precisely those who had a crush back then." Miss Randi explained.

"I hope they don't know what Leigh I my mommy, has become since." Edouard stiffened up and called out for Mummy, which thankfully wasn't as hard as he thought it would be.

"Unfortunately, they know." Miss Landy said regretfully: "Moreover, your reputation is not good, of course, I do not mean that the little secret between Miss Lissa and her child is already known to everyone, but because, Baron Lonar and the Tornham family are close, Viscount Telbo is one of the Tornham family, you should know well what his impression of you is. "

"Viscount Telbo?" Edvard was indeed taken aback.

"Yes, you will certainly meet many otherwise quite familiar people at the Tornhams today." Miss Randi said with a smile.

This time Edwards felt a headache, and the relationship between Miss Fanny: originally he felt the most guilty thing in his heart, he always avoided thinking about this matter. But, apparently, there is no going back now.

On the way to the next, Edwards always frowned to find a way to untie the deadlock.

Miss Landy smiled at the young husband that old Miss Medine had arranged for her, sitting next to her, and looked at the young man who had so many hopes. I wonder how he will face the emotional entanglement, no one can give him guidance except himself, all must be his own choice.

The carriage drove fast through the streets and alleys, streetlights flew one after the other behind them, and not much time passed before the house of the contemporary patriarch of the Tornham family in Thurth Castle was close at hand.

From the carriage can clearly see, an extremely large area of the old mansion appeared in front of the eyes, the mottled hanging with turquoise vines of crimson brick walls, as well as the slightly rusted, painted black outside the iron fence, all show the long history of the family.

An iron fence gate separates the inside and outside of the mansion, and there are two family crests set on the gate, one on the left and one on the right. Through the iron fence gate can clearly see the lush and luxuriant trees planted in the garden. These trees are obviously not as old as the mansion, otherwise they would have become giant trees.

A corner of the green brick and red wall was faintly revealed between the trees. At the gate, the servants had already been respectfully guarding there, and they were quietly waiting for the arrival of the honored guest. Edward's carriage made everyone's spirit shake, because this carriage is the special carriage of the old lady Medin, no one in the whole Thurth Castle know no one. Apparently, the noble lord's heir had arrived.

The servants diligently came forward to wait on Edward to step out of the carriage. The messenger had already darted off to the hall where the masters were waiting. In a short time, a group of people came out of the mansion. At the head of the group was an old man of unusually large stature, but short and disproportionately small. The old man was dressed in a green and gray tweed gown, with a red sash draped from his left shoulder to his right waist.

The years have taken his youthful years, but also took away his hair, in the light, the old man's head is a different kind of striking. And his not-so-small size seems very disproportionate, the pair of tiny eyes and light to invisible eyebrows.

A large nose is the most striking feature of the old man's face. Thick lips above the two moustaches. The old man swayed his body toward Edwards them. In his wake followed a long line of people, both men and women, both old and young.

As Miss Landy said, Viscount Telbo was also in the crowd, he followed a little further back, obviously meeting with himself was not something he did willingly. On the contrary, his father-in-law and mother-in-law seemed extremely enthusiastic, and these two old men followed closely behind the fat old man.

At the side of the old couple closely followed their granddaughter, the young lady with a sweet smile on her face, a pair of big shining eyes showing anxious and eager look.

To Edward's surprise, the beautiful daughter of Baron Lonner was also in the crowd, and she looked a little hesitant, as if she was both eagerly looking forward to the meeting and deeply concerned about the awkwardness of meeting each other. After all, the Edouard she loved was no longer the same Edouard who had attended the ball. The status of the lord's heir has drawn a deep gulf between the two of them, a gulf that is almost insurmountable.

"Oh, honored Mr. Edwards, welcome to my home, consider this your own home, your father, and uncles have always been my most welcome guests here." The old man came over and embraced Edwards warmly.

According to what Miss Landy had told herself beforehand, Edouard certainly knew that the old man was none other than the current generation patriarch of the Tornham family, Viscount Tornham.

To this old man, Edouard did not dare to be rude, he bowed slightly and said, "Lord Viscount, you are one of my grandfather's best friends, there is really no reason for you to come out to pick me up, you can call me Edouard, just like Auntie Granny."

"What a polite boy, Henreid is not wrong at all, that Lord Hyde is the best guardian in this world." The old man said with a smile.

The old couple standing behind the old man also looked extremely happy because, at least, there were three reasons for them to feel good about Edouard. First of all, Edwards is Miss Lissa's child, and the couple has always loved Lissa like their own daughter. Secondly, above the banquet held at Baron Lonner's house, Edouard had left a deep impression on them, and these impressions were obviously positive.

Finally, the old couple knew quite well that their granddaughter and the lovely little daughter of Baron Lonner had a secret love for Edward. For this affection, the old couple had a completely different view from their son-in-law. In their opinion, it was not Edward's fault. And can't blame it all on Edward's body that comes from the playboy bloodline of his father's family.

Although, the old couple was equally opinionated about that Mr. Byrdit, they thought that the noble bloodline inherited from his mother's side in Edwards was obviously playing a more pronounced role in this child.

As for their young granddaughter falling in love unrequitedly, this can only be blamed on Edward's infinite charm inherited from his mother, Lissa was also the cause of many young men's fascination in Cherbourg, which can not be blamed on Lissa herself. In fact, Baron and Baron Henreid had long attributed their son-in-law Viscount Terrebonne's opinion of Edouard to the combined effects of jealousy and prejudice. In their opinion, the son-in-law is still upset about the failure to woo Miss Lissa and is angry at Lissa's son.

"Edouard, you are finally here, Sister Fanny and I have been looking forward to meeting you again." Viscount Turbot's daughter said with a big smile.

"I told them that you would have to wait until after dinner to get here, but they just didn't listen and didn't even eat dinner. Edward, the Tornham family is an extremely large family in the south of Frans, I will have to introduce you to the members of our family later, it will surely surprise you." Viscount Tornham said, while pulling Edouard towards the inside of the mansion.

Viscount Talbot's daughter no longer followed her grandfather and grandmother this time, and she quietly walked over to Edward's side and stood with him. All this made Viscount Talbot quite unhappy, and he was tempted to pull his daughter back, or at least not to let the little girl get too close to that little nasty.

For Viscount Telbo, the Tatnis family is the most dangerous existence for girls, talking to the children of the Tatnis family is enough to make pure virgins lose their virginity, and kissing the children of the Tatnis family may even make girls pregnant.

The Tatnis family descendants are flowing in the veins of semen, their brains are not at all inside the brain, another milky white sticky fluid filled with it.

The descendants of this shameless family should be the main ingredient on the grill, and should be hung like clothes on the gallows, and the punishment of beheading should be carried out when they are underage, because they are not enough to cause real harm at that time.

Viscount Turbot stood there from a distance, his eyes glowing coldly at Edouard.

He really wanted to pull his daughter over, but, with her father-in-law and mother-in-law behind her, the little girl did not listen to herself at all, which made the Viscount Terrebonne helpless.

Through a row of trees, Edward came to the Tornham family house. This is a five-story brick house, a long history in its facade left a road of years, Edwards guessed that the rainy season, the house is probably covered with moss and lichen outside it.

The long history did not add too much sculpture to this building, except for a few stone statues standing in a circle on top of the house, everything else is so frugal. Looking at the fancy-free building, Edwards remembered that Miss Landy had just told herself that the Tornham family was probably one of the richest families in Cherbourg, and could not help but guess whether the descendants of this family had piled up thousands of gold coins inside the cellar.

Compared with the third wealth of Cherbourg, this mansion can be described as a miser's house. Entering the mansion, everything is still the same frugal, no luxurious furnishings, no precious appliances, the furniture inside the house and the ordinary family is no different: only the place is much more spacious, the number of chairs is also the ordinary family can not be compared.

One by one, the important members of the Tornham family followed into the hall, while the women and children went to the lounge to stay. In the middle of the sofa, each sat down. Viscount Tornham introduced the identities of everyone present one by one.

As he just said, the Tornham family is indeed a large family, the important members of those who have a head in charge of a part of the family will simply have to be introduced once; also took nearly half an hour.

As for what these people actually do and what their names are, Edwards didn't remember any of them, although he heard them all inside his ears. There is really no way, there are too many people in the Tornham family. In any case, the old man in the side of a strong to introduce, Edward just need to keep nodding on it.

After all the introductions, the old man suddenly looked serious and asked, "Dear Edward, for the sake of your grandfather and I are good friends, you must tell me clearly what you intend to do, what you want to do in Cherbourg, I once heard Loner talk about you, at first, you at his ball, that you do not want to get involved in the political whirlpool of the words, obviously not in your heart not what you really had in mind."

"I am not lying, according to my intention, I do not want to get involved in any political turmoil, you should know that I have a magician teacher, for me, the vast and mysterious world of magic is more attractive." Edouard said.

Hearing Edwards say this, the old man was dumbfounded, if the words were a false aside, the old man did not think so.

In fact, the lord and the wizard in the end that identity is more noble, this matter is not clear to anyone, and in the eyes of most people, when the wizard is obviously more attractive than when the lord.

It is difficult to count how many lords the Franks Kingdom has, but it is possible to calculate how many magicians there are.

For Edwards, the road to become a lord is difficult, full of danger and hardship, many people do not want him to sit on top of this seat, he will face the difficulties can be imagined.

But no one would object if Edouard decided to become a wizard, even His Majesty the King was willing to provide everything he needed, and wizards are the darlings of any nation.

Either way, Edwards' choice should be extremely clear if it is only for his own sake. The old man nodded slightly and said, "It seems that this should be Mr. Hyde's intention."

"Mr. Hyde once said that I could choose which way to go myself." Edwards said.

Edouard's answer aroused strong curiosity among the crowd, which seemed to be somewhat inconsistent with the answer just now.

Edwards of course guessed that the hearts of the crowd is how to guess, grasp the time is originally taught to himself the most important of the skills, and grasp the timing of the key is to improvise, to put it bluntly is to see what people say what words.

Edwards certainly knows that for the Tornham family, change the status quo is also something they do not want to see, if the family is really as Miss Landy said is the third richest man in Cherbourg, they and Southport and Lai and there must be inextricable links between the damage to Southport, is undoubtedly also in jeopardy of their interests.

Edwards said, "I was born and raised in Southport, which is more like my hometown than Cherbourg."

Edwards knew what it was to get to the point. Draddy had once told himself that the most brilliant technique of speech was to get to the point, that there was no need to speak too plainly.

This has at least two major benefits, on the one hand, you can look like you are profound, know the point to the end of the people absolutely can not be incompetent, the greater benefit is not to make your performance seems too much.

Draddy's teachings were indeed correct, and most of the Tornhams heard what Edward's words meant, and such an option was exactly what they needed and welcomed.

"Edouard, you should know very well how powerful the forces against you are." Baron Henreid said.

"I know very well that my home in Southport was ransacked and attacked inside the Butte Forest, and I knew all about it by that time." Edwards said.

"You're not afraid?" Baron Henreid asked.

"A little scared, but also a little excited, I would like to become a great explorer like grandpa." Edwards said, his eyes shining with a different light, this is not his brilliant performance, this is his heartfelt emotions.

"Your grandfather?" Viscount Tornham asked, puzzled.

"Oh, it's Mr. Hyde, I'm used to calling him Grandpa." Edwards explained with a smile.

"Lord Hyde is indeed an extraordinary man." Baron Henreid also added fuel to the fire beside him.

"Edward, I've seen the place where you were attacked halfway, it was a real battlefield, the fierce fighting that took place there was the only battle that has taken place in Cherbourg since it was built, we found at least forty bodies. Edward, I heard that yesterday in a street near the cathedral, there was a horrible tragedy, a man sitting in a carriage with a military heavy crossbow killed the driver of the carriage and then committed suicide, according to witnesses, in the tragedy occurred at the same time, the carriage in front of another carriage, a boy jumped from the carriage, the carriage and another carriage flew away. I want to know if that boy was you, and what was that tragedy?" Viscount Tornham asked seriously.

"That was indeed me, and the best way to be safe was to make myself someone who could protect myself, so Mr. Hyde took great pains to teach me many skills that I could use to save my life." Edwards said.

"I do now admire Lord Hyde to the core." The old man sighed and said, "And you, Edwardian, are undoubtedly the best. However, those people even dare to use something as dangerous as a heavy military crossbow, it seems that the force that threatens you is extraordinary, how do you plan to counteract this force?"

Edwards can fully guess, the old man said half a day most concerned about this matter is undoubtedly, these families will never take their family's fate to carry out a dangerous gamble, in support of their own before, they need to know at least the success is how much.

Sure enough, after this question was raised, the surrounding men were obviously very interested, one strained their ears lest they miss a word. Edwards repeatedly thought about the union, and finally decided to reveal a little bit of Mr. Hyde's plan.

In fact, even if you don't tell the Tornhams, once Mr. Hyde moves, people will still suspect themselves, and at that time, the Tornhams will definitely think they don't trust them. But this is something that needs to be considered, this is a big deal, not the slightest negligence.

"Mr. Hyde and I are not cowardly people, but we are likewise not barbarians who like to fight and kill all day long, however, Mr. Hyde and I always believe that for the south of the Franks, peace and tranquility is extremely important, the murderous bandits must be completely eradicated, of course, to be able to dig out the mastermind behind the curtain, it would be even more perfect, but I'm afraid that once dug, bring out A string, more difficult to deal with, therefore, hidden in the dark still let him hide in the dark, only the emergence of the tip easy to stab others to repair the place clean can be." Edwards said slowly.

He knows very well that at such times, Kailer's unchanging expression is the most persuasive, except for the absence of Kailer's hoarse voice, Edwards will Kailer's appearance learned a perfect difference, he after all and Kailer for a whole month, in this month and Kailer spend time together, when feeling the sense of oppression emanating from Kailer, Edwards does know how to shock the Those ordinary people.

If Draddy had been beside him, Draddy would have been proud of his student's achievement because, without a doubt, Edwards had succeeded in shocking everyone in the Tornham family.

Everyone, regardless of age and status, could not help but draw a cold breath, in their eyes, Edouard was completely different from the other members of the Medin family heir. In their impression, whether the old Earl of Medin or his two sons, the temperament are very mild, giving people a sense of elegance and gentle.

Edwards, on the other hand, is completely different, although usually he is also extremely elegant and civilized, just like the rest of the Medin family, but suddenly he will turn into a sheathed longsword, with a sharp edge flashing a bit of cold. That is an extremely dangerous feeling.

The reason why the three Earls of Medin were killed may have something to do with their idea of resting their case rather than allowing the conflict to expand further, they wanted to use peaceful means, hoping to hide from the black hand that reached out from behind by hiding under a strong protection. However, Edwards obviously will not do so, although his age is far younger than his grandfather and two uncles, but, his approach to the world is undoubtedly much more sophisticated.

The Viscount of Tornham seemed to have seen the bloody fights and brutal and swift killings everywhere in Cherbourg, everything was like the scene that had been played out for almost a thousand years in the capital city of Frans, where political intrigue was accompanied by the sword and the victor stepped on a red carpet stained with blood.

Should we support such a lord heir? The viscount was somewhat hesitant.

In his opinion, Edwards is far less elegant and noble than his grandparents and father, the three lords are undoubtedly good and kind people, that Mr. Tatnis, although the reputation is not good, is a notorious nasty, big lecher, but also has the title of philanthropist. Edwards, on the other hand, is completely different, he is quite a politician's talent.

Would this be a good lord? The viscount was not sure about this. The atmosphere became silent for a while.

Miss Landy, of course, is extremely clear what Viscount Tornham is thinking in his mind, and she is also very clear that everything that Edward said is absolutely no room for slowing down, because, that is not Edward's personal meaning, Edward is just a conveyer, the real behind the scenes manipulation of everything is that Mr. Hyde.

In fact, Mr. Hyde will carry out the action, originally in the old Miss Medine expected, although not completely clear this Mr. Hyde is a sacred, but, can plan such a huge a deception, this Mr. Hyde will definitely not be Maier Dauphin such a businessman can be compared to the white spoon.

However, the aunt has long said that no matter what Mr. Hyde is planning, it is necessary for them to absolutely have to support, because this may be the last hope of the Medin family, this ray of hope absolutely can not let it be dashed.

Thinking of this, Miss Landy broke the silence, she said: "Lord Tornham, you and the old earl is a long-time friend, the old earl's death you must be very sad, right, now, Edouard is already the last heir of the Medin family, if the other side use more drastic methods, you can protect the last heir of the Medin family from harm? I'm sure you've seen that those people are getting more and more reckless, and aren't you worried that this recklessness will extend to other areas? Do you think that after the extinction of the Medin family, those people will stop from now on, or will they still stay in Thurth Castle so that they can be used whenever they need to."

Miss Landy's words were undoubtedly a sharp knife stabbed right into the hearts of the Tornham family members. They originally feared that the force would become more and more unchecked, and I'm afraid that when the time comes, Thurth Castle will be plunged into a bloody darkness of domination.

Perhaps it is the most appropriate choice to let those who like to kill to restrain the killers and those who are good at violence to fight violence. Thinking of this, Viscount Tornham nodded and said, "Our family and the Medin family have had close ties for generations, and the Tornham family will always be on the side of the Medin family."

"My Lord, I am so grateful for your kind assistance." Edouard made a polite gesture in accordance with diplomatic practice.

After making their position clear, the people of the Tornham family were clearly much more relaxed.

Baron Henreid said: "Edwards, you are not easy to come to our house once, upstairs in the lounge there are many people of your age, everything about you is full of new and exciting for them, moreover, they have never really got to see a wizard yet, Miss Fanny is also upstairs, she is looking forward to your arrival. "

"Yes, yes, you have been a popular figure in Thurth Castle ever since Telbo told everyone about what happened at Baron Lonar's banquet, except that all of us didn't know that your real identity is the heir to the lordship." Viscount Tornham said with a smile.

"Mr. Edwards, your acting was truly outstanding. That day, at the dinner table, all of us felt sorry for Mr. Hyde's misfortune, haha, two children died one after another in the plague, the only grandchild had to take up the burden of the family, and the aged grandfather could not bear the blow and was dying of old age. What a moving story." The cold and mocking voice of Viscount Telbo suddenly came from the side.

Everyone turned their heads to look at Viscount Talbot, and they all understood why he was so upset with Edward. Most of the Tornham family was still worried that Telbo would come out against supporting Edward, and that was not entirely out of the question.

"Telbo, at that time, Edwards had no choice but to say that, and you should understand that." Mr. Henreid said.

"I'm not lying, that's true, I had two uncles die unexpectedly, that can also be considered a plague, a special plague, their death made me have to bear the burden of the family alone, I think you should be able to understand, Mr. Hyde did lose several important relatives in that plague, and this time, just yesterday. We lost another friend who was supposed to pick me up in his car, and the people who got there had turned out to be ready to murder me, and I think you should be able to imagine that something happened, that day, I wasn't performing, because I didn't need any performance, I lost a lot of relatives, I lost most of them, but, for safety I couldn't go to the grave of any of them to pay my respects, and This even included my Lord Mother, and it may not have been Mr. Hyde who became old, but me." Edwards said.

These words are what he had already thought of, and with Drady and Mr. Hyde repeatedly considered for a long time, enough to ensure that there are no mistakes.

As expected, these words had the desired effect, Viscount Telbo also had nothing to say, because, this is the original fact, the death of the three lords of the Medin family, even for him, is a very sad thing, not to mention the flow of the same bloodline Edouard.

Even the last sentence also equally justified, Viscount Terrebonne has never seen, and Edouard as mature-minded, qualified teenager. He even has an old politician who has tumbled in the political circle for decades does not have the old political vision and the means to deal with the world. Life is difficult, fate is probably the only reason to explain the reason for Edward's appearance.

"Well, let's not talk about these things, the children are waiting there." Viscount Tornham said as he put his arm around Edouard's shoulders.

Flanked by the crowd, Edwards arrived at the lounge in the back. Completely different from the hall, the lounge is quite exquisite and elegant inside. All of this dazzled Edward, he did not not see the world, and Mr. Hyde's treasure cabinet, the Medin family's collection room compared to this lounge is nothing. What really surprised Edward was that the contrast between the lounge and the hall was too great.

This lounge has about two or three hundred square feet, and a slinky deerskin sofa is placed against the window. The seat cushions are either cheap cashmere or precious camel velvet, and the way it is arranged seems to depend on the rank of the person sitting, and the camel velvet seat cushions seem to be the preserve of the ladies and elders and important members.

The left side was opened as a card table, where six large round tables with gold lacquer and enamel inlay were placed, surrounded by a circle of perfectly matching seats. On top of each table, in addition to hanging lamps, there were hookahs for those with this hobby to enjoy while playing cards.

The center of the lounge is obviously a place for dancing, where enough to have a small dance. An open space was created in the west corner, and the corner was filled with toys, where all the children were playing. The ladies were grouped at a large table in another corner, and they had endless gossip. Seeing Edward's dumbfounded look, the members of the Tornham family can of course guess what was on his mind.

"Edouard, come here and pick, we are talking about you." Viscount Turbot's daughter waved her arms toward the place.

Baron Henreid and Viscount Tornham pulled Edward towards there. Most of those who followed them were some old men who were old. Those members of the Tornham family who were similar in age to Viscount Turbot were gathered around the card table.

"You'd better be careful with your daughter." One of them whispered to Viscount Telbo.

"Of course I know, but there's nothing I can do if the girl doesn't listen." The viscount said with a shake of his head.

"That kid seems to be more dangerous than his father, at least, his old man relied on means to play with women, but this kid doesn't even need to use means to be able to make so many girls obsessed. And he's only how old." Another man said with a grimace.

"Okay, okay, you guys stop talking and play cards or not?" A slightly older man stopped their pointless argument.

On the other side of the lounge, the women had already surrounded Edouard inside a circle. Beside him sat Miss Fanny and Baron Telbo's daughter respectively, and those men had no place to sit, they stood aside.

"Edwards, have you been to my house on your way here?" Miss Fanny asked.

"Yes, but you happened to leave a day before us, and I only saw Mr. Butler, who seemed to be preparing the winter food." Edouard said.

"Oh, what a pity, it would have been better if it had been a day later." Miss Fanny seemed to be rather regretful.

"No, it's a good thing you're not with us, or you would have been in danger with us." Edouard said. This topic obviously aroused everyone's interest.

"Edouard, tell me about the situation, the news from the escort said that it was simply a battlefield, and there had never been such a fierce battle in Cherbourg. The whole woods were cut down, and the cuts were smooth and flat as if they were mirrors. According to Earl Reeves, the only ones who could make such smooth and flat cuts, as far as he knew, were the paladins of the Holy Knights. However, he is not sure if the magician can make the same cut." Viscount Tornham said.

"A paladin? Maybe that really is a paladin, he's really amazing." Edouard said to himself.

"How is that possible? You fought against the paladins and still managed to leave alive?" Another old man said in astonishment.

"Luckily they don't have any magicians in those people, otherwise we would be in trouble." Edouard said while shaking his head.

"Edouard didn't expect your magic to be so powerful." Miss Fanny sighed. Hearing such praise, Edouard didn't know how to answer it properly.

"Edouard, it must have been extremely dangerous at the time." Baron Henreid asked with concern.

"Yes, there were only six of us, one of us was already wounded, he was wounded to save me, at that time, it was really dangerous, an arrow grazed my neck and flew past, just a hair's breadth away, I would have been lying inside the grave, fortunately, Ted saved me." When I think of that close call experience, Edwards could not help but draw a breath.

"So how did you escape with your lives?" Miss Fanny inquired nervously.

"That's because the gods of luck favored us. You don't know how good Mr. Hyde's archery was, no less than that 'Windy' force, he took care of most of the assassins that came near, and Ted, the one who just mentioned saving my life, is the best warrior I've ever seen. He protected me from fatal injury while I was focused on magic, and the other side had no wizard, so they suffered a great loss." Edwards said, he deliberately concealed the existence of Kailer, after all, for a killer, famous is not a good thing.

"What kind of magic is it? It must be quite advanced, finding a total of more than forty corpses inside the forest and solving so many bandits with the strength of six people, your magic must be very strong." Baron Henreid asked.

Edwards scratched his head in embarrassment, but he was not going to tell the truth, Edwards said: "Lord Baron, it is not as you think, I am only a magical apprentice who just learned magic, can use some simple magic has been good, in fact, against those people, I used only ordinary paralysis spells. "

"Hey, it seems that the only person who can fight against a magician is a magician. With the paladin's power, he cannot fight against the paralysis spell cast by a magical apprentice." Baron Henreid was filled with infinite emotions.

"Edouard, how did you become a wizard? Was it arranged by Mr. Hyde?" Viscount Telbo's daughter asked curiously.

"Good, my teacher Mashik Wizard was originally a friend of Mr. Hyde, he thought I had the talent to learn magic, so he took me as a disciple, and Mr. Hyde originally wanted me to have some more self-protection skills." Edouard explained, the real situation he did not want others to know.

"Edouard, you are an extremely lucky man, you have everything that those of us who are here simply cannot have." Viscount Turbot's daughter said with emotion.

"I do envy you, and Miss Fanny by the way, and most of the people here at the same age, because you have the love of your parents, and this is something I will never be able to enjoy." Edwards looked a little melancholy up, this time he was not acting, no parents is always the biggest regret in his heart.

"What were your parents like, do you remember?" Viscount Turbot's daughter asked.

"Remember, of course, my mother was the most beautiful woman in the world and obedient to me, and as for my father, he had an extraordinary talent for painting and was a philanthropist." Edouard replied.

"Your father is still an adulterer, and you forgot to mention this matter." I don't know when Viscount Telbo stood behind Edouard.

This kind of unreasonable words obviously made the ladies present slightly displeased, but it looked like quite a lot of companions standing with Viscount Telbo. Edouard knew that sooner or later this sensitive topic would be mentioned, and in fact, it seemed unusual that Viscount Telbo had not been reacting with any vehemence.

In Edouard's impression, Viscount Terber is not the kind of person who will keep his words inside his stomach, at the time in the Baron's residence, Viscount Terber because of the matter of the thoroughbred, opened his mouth to mock, followed by fighting for himself, Baroness Onel did not dare to be too aggressive, on the one hand, is deterred by his own identity as a magical apprentice, on the other hand, Viscount Terber and Faith on the side to help have a great The relationship between the

Edouard did not hate such a person as Viscount Terrebonne, but, after all, that Mr. Tatnis was nominally his father, and had to say something for him.

What's more, Mr. Hyde and Draddy had thought that the initial impression they had made on Baron Lonner and the others now appeared to be a failure, and an extremely dangerous one at that.

The only way to make up for this defeat is to make people think that they have two very different sides, just like Liza-san is considered to be a combination of angel and witch, a combination of elegance and lechery, and Edouard, who has the same blood flowing in his body, must be a matter of course if he is also a character with two completely different sides. Now, it is a good opportunity.

He stood up from his chair, turned around to face Viscount Tesborough and said in a loud voice: "My Lord Viscount, you may think that it is an extremely evil thing for a husband and wife to give each other maximum pleasure, but I do not think so, our family does not think so. If you want to say that my father is a lecher, then please describe it more accurately, my father may be a lecher, but he is only a lecher in front of his beloved. I suppose not. My father's reputation in these matters is still clean, and there are many nobles who have committed these shameful acts. I don't know how many nobles have you ever had who did not use their personal maids around them as instruments to try such mysterious and mysterious things during his formative years, when he was curious about women? But I can tell you, father, he did not, and neither did I. At least, I never found such a thing among the members of my family that I know of. Compared to those noblemen who forced their maids, I wonder who exactly is more qualified to be called a lecher, and what is more, I have never seen any couple, more harmonious and loving than my parents."

Viscount Turbot did not expect such frankness from Edouard, and he really had no room to refute what Edouard said, his first "woman" was indeed his personal maid, which seems to be the experience of every nobleman as a teenager: "Perhaps everyone has to be more or less But I can't forgive him for torturing Miss Lissa like that."

"Tortured? I never heard my mother say that she was tortured; it is only you who think so." Edouard said.

"The son of a lecher, who is also a lecher, you will also carry on the tradition of your family- and you will also torment your wife in the future with the tricks of your family ancestry, is that not so?" Viscount Telbo asked.

"If you must think so, and I can only admit that it is so, I will please my wife in my own way, and make her please me likewise, I enjoy pleasure as much as I enjoy adventure, and of course, I will keep the traditions that have been in my family for generations, and I will never force the woman I love to accept it all, but I will choose the woman who can accept it all woman I love as my wife."

Edward's words undoubtedly caused a whole ripple in the hearts of those girls. However, it is clear that the original intention of Viscount Talbot was completely destroyed, because, none of the girls thought that Edwards was a lecherous woman, on the contrary, he was in the eyes of the girls really know how to live, really can afford to let go, I do my own man.


© 2023 Steven26192


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

31 Views
Added on April 21, 2023
Last Updated on April 21, 2023
Tags: Magic


Author

Steven26192
Steven26192

Writing
V1C1 V1C1

A Chapter by Steven26192


V1C2 V1C2

A Chapter by Steven26192


V1C3 V1C3

A Chapter by Steven26192