V3C11

V3C11

A Chapter by Steven26192
"

The story unfolds on a vast medieval Western magic continent. In this age of expansion and aggression, money rules everything and conspiracies loom over the entire continent like dark clouds.

"
Although this is the south, far warmer than the rest of the Franks, but the autumn wind has begun to bring a gust of cold to the people here. When Edouard got up every morning for his usual run, he was always able to find many insects that had fallen stiffly to the ground along the way.

Autumn means the end of their lives. A whole week had passed since Mr. Hyde had told Edwards about the huge plan they had hatched. Edward himself did not know why he had agreed to help Mr. Hyde, something that originally had nothing to do with him. And, undeniably, the plan was extremely dangerous.

Impersonating a count's heir is a felony equivalent to treason in any place, and once discovered there is absolutely no way to live. What's more, that earl is also a lord. For Cherbourg, even Edouard knew that both His Majesty the King and the ministers were staring at this piece of meat that was tempting in their eyes.

That lord, the old Medin family recently inside this period of time, the succession of several tragedies, is undoubtedly premeditated. It seems that someone does want all the members of the family to be extinct. The role he will play is the last legal heir of this unfortunate family that has been viciously cursed by some people.

As long as he died, then the Medin family logically and naturally became a naturally extinct family in the Kingdom of Frans. Therefore, Edouard is quite clear that he agreed to play the role of the heir, is undoubtedly to use himself as a target, a target by countless hidden in the deep shadows of the daggers and crossbows pointed at.

Although, knowing all this, Edwards still agreed to do so. The reason for this is inexplicable even to Edwards himself. Perhaps, he was indeed impressed by Mr. Hyde's words.

Perhaps, as a Nangang people, he does not want his hometown people for generations, hard work to build up this beautiful home, because some people's greed and back to the original kind of barren and desolate look.

Perhaps, he also hopes that Aunt Betty, Uncle Cowell, Mr. Boss, the young and old proprietors who have taken care of themselves and cared for them, can live happily ever after. All of this may be able to say that the reason.

However, only Edwards himself knows that there is another reason that is also important to him. Since Mr. Hyde told himself that his youth that made him completely changed, affecting his life's thrilling journey. Edwards is full of longing and desire for adventure.

He aspired to be an adventurer like Mr. Hyde one day. Edwards originally envied the seafarers who had ventured out on the ocean, but compared to Mr. Hyde, those seafarers were nothing.

Mr. Hyde's experience for Edwards is undoubtedly a great temptation. And now, an adventure that will certainly make his life unforgettable in front of him, is brave to board this do not know where to sail, but also do not know what kind of dangers and bumps along the way will encounter the adventure of the ship, or give up this opportunity.

For such a choice, Edwards hardly need to think much to be able to get the answer. In addition to this reason, there is another thing that more or less affects him. The portrait hanging inside his bedroom was the portrait of the Countess herself, the real Edouard, Tatnis' mother.

Edwards has never seen his mother, and it has been Aunt Betty who has taken care of him since he could understand. When he was a little baby, his mother had died. So Edward could only see his mother in his imagination.

In his imagination his mother's appearance is the portrait of that gentle and beautiful, but also full of dignity and elegance of the noblewoman's appearance. Edouard indeed took that Lissa, Miss Medine as his mother. The only difficulty was that he could not accept that Viscount Bairdit was his father, in any case.

Edward and his father has always been dependent on each other, although his father was busy at sea for years and years, rarely have time, and Edward stay together. However, the relationship between Edward and his father has always been very close. In Edward's impression of his father is a brave and firm, but full of tender people.

The feeling of his father's large, rough, strong but ever-so-gentle hand, gently stroking the top of his head, still makes Edvard feel incredibly warm to this day. Therefore, it was difficult for Edward to accept the Viscount Tatnis who had a handsome and elegant face, but always with a hint of aristocratic and cold smile.

He is definitely not comparable to his own father. Edouard really can not do the slightest concern for this "father".

Although, this can not say that it is not a mistake, but, Mr. Hyde and Draddy think, this small lack, for this time the plan, not to cause too much problem.

In fact, in those noble families, the relationship between father and son is quite cold, which is quite normal. There are even a number of people who have turned against each other. Other than that, Eduard's performance was quite comforting to both of them. In order for Edward to familiarize himself with his new identity, they have already prepared a lot of information.

This time, unlike the trial, Edwards definitely needs to be well prepared, because, the slightest break in the plan could make the whole thing go down the drain. In this month, Edward had to remember everything about the real Edward, Bairdit. And this is not enough, he must also know every nobleman in Cherbourg with whom he may make contact.

For their relationship with the Medin family, for their temperament and character, personal preferences, and even for the important things they had done, Edwards had to remember everything, because in the future, his first opponents, is these people.

All the information was sent by Faith.

For Faith, Edouard was curious. Faith is a hereditary noble, why should he obey Mr. Hyde's orders? Moreover, it was completely obvious that Faith's position here was still below Draddy as well as Kellar. His duty is to collect information around, and mention Mr. Hyde everywhere to pull relations. It is because of this, Faith socialize widely, the entire Frans, almost no nobles he does not know. But the identity of Faith is undoubtedly extremely confidential.

Mr. Hyde has cared for himself, no matter what kind of situation, only by Faith to him, and he absolutely can not take the initiative to approach Faith. This prohibition is obviously not aimed at Edouard alone.

Running around the manor for two laps, Edwards did not feel tired, now he can easily run 30 or 40 miles, which is nothing for him. This is all thanks to the blue ointment given to him by Mr. Mashik.

The ointment had run out long ago. As Ms. Masek said, after absorbing this ointment, one's skin is able to quickly gather the wind element. The faster you run, the more and denser the number of wind elements gathered. The weight of the body was also naturally partly shared by the gathered wind elements.

So Edwards felt that the more you run furiously, the lighter your body will become. And after running fast, the oncoming wind is no longer the same as before is resistance. He was like gliding on the wind, the feeling is really good Wang. Of course, the more wonderful feeling is when he rode on a horse. The speed of the horse galloping up is absolutely his legs can not compare in any way.

Riding in the horse when flying, Edward often worry, he will not float into the air. Because he simply can not feel his body has any weight, he seems to have become a fluffy cotton, gently piled on the back of the horse. This feeling is really too strange. And the cause of this miracle is the jar of ointment given to himself by Mr. Mashik. Now, the world of magic is full of incomparable attraction for Edward.

As soon as he returned to Mr. Hyde's manor, Edouard immediately ran towards his room on the second floor. Last night, he carefully brewed the kind of magic medicine powder need eight hours later, to be able to refine success. Counting the time now, eight hours were almost up.

Just as Edwards walked up to the second floor, suddenly Draddy poked his body halfway out of the study and greeted, "Edwards, come over here, there's something I need to discuss with you."

"Ah, Mr. Delardi, I'm sorry, I'm making a potion inside my room, can you allow me to take a look first, it's my first time making this kind of thing, therefore, I don't know if something dangerous will happen if I make it for too long." Edouard hurriedly explained.

"All right then, but don't take too long." Draddy said with a nod.

"Oh, I understand." Edouard agreed and darted into his room.

The room was rearranged, and a long table was placed against the west window, made of thick teak wood salted, painted dark red, and the legs of the table were carved with a pattern, much more elaborate than the four oak tables inside Ms. Mashik's laboratory.

Such a large table with a crucible, a furnace, a stone mortar and a stack of white paper, as well as a few tools scattered on it, so it seems extremely empty.

Edwards originally just wanted to drag the desk here on it, but Mr. Hyde was adamant that Draddy buy this test table, because he said that every wizard should have a decent test table, and when he worked with Mr. Mashik, he had seen what the Mashik ground test table was crowded and laid out like, so a table might not be enough.

Edouard took out the parchment left to him by Mr. Mashik from inside the drawer of the original desk. The parchment automatically showed clear handwriting. Edwards memorized all the things that needed attention in his head. He turned to the large table, picked up the long-nosed tongs and removed the lid from the crucible.

With a burst of purple smoke dispersed, Edward clearly saw the bottom of the crucible condensed with a layer of crystal clear purple crystals. After opening all the windows and expelling all the purple smoke that filled the room, Edward gently lifted the crucible off the stove and put it aside, and extinguished the fire with his hands, all of which he did in an orderly manner.

Edwards pulled one out of the stack of white paper, then took a long silver spatula and carefully shoveled off the purplish crystals that had condensed inside the crucible and placed them on the table lined with white paper.

For these crystals, Edwards did not know what some use, because, on the parchment there is still a line of text did not appear, but he knew that his experiment has been successful. Edward took out the parchment. This time the parchment printed out a line of text that was not there.

"The crystals will be ground into a fine powder and then dissolved in castor oil, the solution can be quickly absorbed into the skin of animals. In serious cases, even the heart and lungs will not work properly, and cause death, is a dangerous agent. Trace amounts of psychedelic powder into the human body, can make the brain into an extremely pleasant psychedelic state, however, psychedelic powder will make the recipient gradually addicted, so that it is difficult to get rid of the control of psychedelic powder, therefore, unless it is to learn prophecy, it is best not to try this dangerous potion without permission."

Seeing the handwriting on the parchment, Edward thought to himself, "The things that magicians come up with are really some extremely dangerous things. The first simple test course that Mr. Mashik used to enlighten himself was to create such a terrible potion. It seems that this kind of potion must be well stored, otherwise it will cause a big trouble.

Thinking of this, Edwards used the white paper to tightly wrap the fuchsia crystal, and with the parchment paper locked in the desk drawer inside. After doing all this, Edwards then put his heart down. Now, should go to the study inside, I wonder what Draddy has to say to himself.

Edouard walked out of his room to the door of his study.

Push open the door, so Edward was surprised that almost everyone is sitting around in the study, leaning against the window on the rocking chair is Mr. Hyde, next to a row of sofas sitting in turn Drady, Faith and the Pym Mr., Kailer is always the same old look, Edward never saw him sitting, Kailer stood in the study in the darkest corner inside.

Seeing Edwards enter the study, Mr. Hyde asked, "How are you doing with your magic experiments?"

"Thank you for your concern, it was quite successful." Edwards said.

"What's the good stuff? Can you tell us about it and give us some insight?" Faith is obviously interested in anything weird.

Edwards thought for half a day, and finally thought it might not matter to say it, he said, "I just made some psychedelic powder, that is the magic potion used when a seer intends to see the future."

For all that Edwards said, Faith did not know much about it, but Mr. Hyde frowned, obviously he has a deeper knowledge of this potion, and sure enough, only to hear Mr. Hyde say, "Edwards, your teacher taught you to make psychedelic powder, did not tell you, psychedelic powder other uses?"

"Other uses?" Edouard was extremely surprised, could it be that Mr. Hyde had heard of this potion before? Come to think of it, he had worked with his teacher for a while in the past, so perhaps, for psychedelic powder, Mr. Hyde knew its uses better than he did.

"Teacher left me notes, only told me how to make this stuff, and the nature of this stuff a few points, and not much to describe its use, I only know that psychedelic powder is the medium for casting spiritual magic, but also able to be used for prophecy." Edwards said, although this is not exactly a lie, but, again, not the truth.

Mr. Hyde thought for a moment, nodded and said, "Edwards, do you know that psychedelic powder is an extremely dangerous agent?"

"Know, the teacher mentioned that this stuff can make the brain hallucinate, too much absorption can be fatal, and, psychedelic powder can be absorbed by the skin, which is defensible, however, psychedelic powder needs to be dissolved with castor oil, and this stuff has a unique smell, with the skills that Kellar taught me, this poison will not do anything for me. " Edwards said.

"No, by dangerous, I don't mean it's poisonous, as you said, psychedelic powder is not a very good poison, but, psychedelic powder has a special ability, it can make people instantly paralyzed, which is also effective for any fierce beast all." Mr. Hyde explained.

"You are saying that psychedelic powder is a good tool for self-defense, right? Then I'll go back and make more, there are enough ingredients inside the teacher's laboratory." Edouard said with great interest.

Mr. Hyde looked at Edwards excited look, once again nodded and said: "It seems that you really did not deceive us, Mashik really did not tell you about the terrible place of psychedelic powder, psychedelic powder can indeed subdue most of the beasts, that time, Mashik prepared a small bag of psychedelic powder for each of us just in case, but the real terrible place of this medicine In that, it can bring incomparable joy, just one milligram, it can make people feel as if they are in heaven, that is a kind of you absolutely can not imagine, Shaanxi feeling ...... "said here, Mr. Hyde seems to be recalling something, unconsciously stopped talking.

"Have you ever tasted this?" Faith asked cautiously.

Hearing Faith's question, Mr. Hyde then came back to his senses, and he nodded again and said, "Yes, I did do this extremely stupid thing, although at first, it was only out of unintentional behavior."

"Did it turn out horribly?" Faith asked.

"You could say it's terrible, or you could say the opposite." Mr. Hyde explained: "psychedelic powder is addictive, after addiction, just like a playboy can no longer leave a woman, a gambler can no longer leave the gambling table, you will be deeply obsessed with this medicine, but when you run out of psychedelic powder in your hands, then you simply live in the same as hell, this taste is also unforgettable for life, that hellish days, I Now when I think about it, I am a little scared, and you should know quite well that there are not many things in this world that can make me feel scared."

"You made it through?" Edvard asked.

"Yes, luckily, I made it through, but the others weren't so lucky, the others all died." Mr. Hyde's tone was extremely heavy.

"Including my father?" Draddy asked, his voice extremely cold.

"Yes, including your father." Mr. Hyde responded.

It never occurred to Edward that such a peculiar relationship existed between Draddy and Mr. Hyde.

"Oh, this psychedelic powder does seem to be an extremely dangerous thing, Edwards, you'd better put it away or you'll get into serious trouble." Faith said.

"Yes, turn around and I will destroy these horrible things immediately." Edouard promised.

"No, don't." Mr. Hyde stopped: "Masek taught you to make this potion, should have another meaning, although the psychedelic powder is extremely dangerous, but, it is also a very useful tool, in this plan, there may be a need for this stuff, you can never imagine how easy it is to control a person with psychedelic powder, can escape control, not even one in a hundred people. What's more, a little bit of LSD can bring you any information you need, and LSD is the best tool to pry open a tightly closed mouth. Moreover, in case of injury, psychedelic powder solvent is the best painkiller, with almost immediate effect, a little on the body is definitely beneficial."

"Didn't you say that stuff was extremely dangerous and addictive?" Edvard was a little confused.

"Yes, so you have to make it extremely thin to do, you can get a goat to try, the right dose can make the goat unusually excited, jumping and running wild, but once too much, the goat will collapse to the ground." Mr. Hyde said.

"So it won't be addictive?" Edwards asked.

"No, the same addiction, but the addiction is not deep, probably only once or twice a month, once you feel the attack of addiction, just take a shower with cold water, you will be able to cope with it, not to be fatal." Hyde said, "Well, you take your time to experiment with these things yourself, Edwards, you sit down, there are important things to discuss with you."

Hearing the talk of business, Edwards did not dare to slacken, and he took a seat in the empty one.

"Draddy, repeat everything you know for Edwards." Mr. Hyde said.

"All right." Draddy agreed, "Edwardian, I think you remember the butler."

"I remember, what's wrong?"

"All right." Draddy agreed, "Edwardian, I think you remember the butler."

"I remember, what's wrong?"

"The butler almost died, the soft armor he always wore saved his life, but he was quite afraid, he told us that he would never come forward publicly to correct, Edwards is the true heir to the lordship, now this guy is in a safe place under our protection, but don't expect this guy to be of any help to us, except the butler Almost everyone else is dead, the mercenaries guarding the villa and the captain, even the servants who helped in the villa, the cook, all were killed, at the scene, they also threw down a body, the body of a small child dressed in noble clothes, you know, what does this mean?" Draddy asked.

"What a poisonous tactic, what about our plan?" Edward asked, "The other side has apparently severed all our ties to Fort Thoth, and the body of that child will, for sure, be thought to be that of Edward Tatnis."

"Their plan was apparently such that, fortunately, we had taken precautions." Mr. Hyde said: "I let that steward say to the prelate of Thurth Castle two months back that the real Edwardian is under my secret care, this matter, except for a few of us, no one else knows, however, in order to stabilize the people, and to keep the situation from deteriorating further, Edwardian, now it is time for you to come out, you have no more time to prepare. "

"You are saying that we will have to leave at this latest time, right?" Edvard asked.

"Not recently, but immediately. Mr. Hyde and I have discussed it, and tomorrow will be the day we leave." Drady said in an aside: "Although, the time is slightly rushed, but I know that you have almost prepared, for Thurth Castle and Edwardian. You already know everything about Tattness like the back of your hand."

"By the way, if you go to Cherbourg tomorrow, you will certainly pass by Piton, you can say hello to that Baron Lonar, if, they also intend to go to Cherbourg, I welcome them to travel together." Mr. Hyde said slowly.

"That won't be necessary." Edwards said.

In fact, he did not want to be involved with the baroness. That beautiful and beautiful Miss Fanny is obviously fond of this famous and unreal grandson of a lord, but he has been deceiving her and her two amiable parents since the beginning. This deception made Edward's heart feel extremely heavy.

For some time now, just thinking about this makes him feel a deep moral condemnation. Perhaps, he is still not fit to be a liar. Because, even the head thief and liar with a conscience like Mr. Hyde and Draddy would never care about these unnecessary emotions and morality, but he couldn't do it, not at all.

For Edward's reaction, of course, Draddy knew exactly what to expect, he said: "Edward, do you think that the trial was just a random target in order to test how much you have mastered? No, not only that, you were deliberately arranged to know those people, in front of those ragged nobles, you have proved how good you are, so that no one will think that you are a shoddy impostor, Edwards, you have not forgotten, at that banquet were invited to what people, more than half of them have deep ties with the Earl of Medin, you will need to get their support, and now it will undoubtedly be much easier for you to be accepted by the nobles of Cherbourg, won't it?" A small smile hung on the corner of Draddy's mouth.

"Yes, your trial was definitely a success, Mr. Hyde originally asked me to do a good job of promoting you in Thurth Castle, but that was simply a no-brainer, there were plenty of people willing to do the job for me, especially, the impressive impression you made on those ladies, now, I'm sure the girls all over Thurth Castle are looking forward to your early appearance, you know. That circle of theirs is not something I'm capable of mixing in, and your results are just amazing." Faith said with the same smile.

Hearing their half-truths, Edwards did not feel happy or complacent, because, as always, he could not accept this practice of taking advantage of all available people and things.

Mr. Hyde is obviously very clear about the feelings of Edwards, he said: "Edwards, if you feel that in this case, someone has been hurt, you can try to make up for her, but escape is not the solution to the problem. You will always have to face the problem, the only thing you need to consider is how you intend to solve this matter, this is the fundamental thing, rather than thinking about how to solve things, if the purpose is not clear, the process will be extremely long and full of the risk of failure."

"Well, I'm not going to let all this unnecessary stuff that comes in the way of work." Edwards said.

"No, I don't mean that feelings are something unnecessary, hey, one day you'll understand that, but it's a little early for you, as you say, so go to work."

Hearing Mr. Hyde's command, Edwards got up from his seat and headed for the door.

As he walked to the door, Mr. Hyde seemed to remember something and said, "Edward, you tell the butler to go and buy some goats, alive, you will need them for your experiments, as you said, a little more LSD will be very useful, but you have to hide them in a safe place, and you have to learn when to use these dangerous potions. You have to learn when to use these dangerous potions, Edwards, remember, those potions are much more dangerous than the hand crossbow in your hand."

"I'll be careful." Edouard answered.

Walked out of the study, Edwards gently had to close the door. He wondered if he should go back and get some more psychedelic powder, anyway, there are still plenty of materials, eight hours, then at lunchtime, should be able to refine success.

But before that, indeed, as Mr. Hyde said, have to figure out the properties of these psychedelic powders, and it does seem to need some experiments.

With that thought, Edouard headed downstairs to the butler's room.

In the study, Mr. Hyde sat there, eyes looking at the study door, for a long time before sighing and saying to himself, "It seems that my words did not work."

"Why do you think so?" Faith interjected, not that he saw anything out of the ordinary.

"Back then, Masek also repeatedly told us the same thing, our reaction at that time, and Edwards not much difference, but the tragedy still happened, the most terrible thing about this potion, is that at the beginning, it does not show great harm, on the contrary, its benefits are countless, but, after too much use, it will make people lose for that The danger often occurs in such cases." Mr. Hyde explained.

"It's a very humane drug." Draddy said mockingly.

Although I don't know if it's still as bad for Draddy after all this time, all of them understand that it's not a good topic.

"Draddy, how are you getting on with the arrangements?" Mr. Hyde asked.

"All right, Edouard is the best student I have ever seen, because of that, it only took him a week to get most of what he needed to know into his head, plus, with the deep connections he had made during the trials before that, it wasn't difficult to get the nobles of Thurth Castle to accept him as who he was, the only problem was the The only problem is the aunt."

"Yes, I also have a headache about this matter, for that old lady, looking can not do anything." Faith said with the same frown.

"However, she is the most important person, this Miss Wak must be firmly secured, without her help, Edwardian can never be established in Thurth Castle." Mr. Hyde said: "However, this incident for us, may not be a good thing, those mercenaries are originally the most unreliable part of the whole plan, I was worried, in the future, after Edward was recognized, how to deal with these people, but now is good, someone to help me solve this matter, which instead eliminates the trouble for us. "

"What's more, I was worried that Edouard would not be willing to, wholeheartedly have to work for us, with Mashik behind, I absolutely no way to force him to do these things, but now, things are completely resolved, Edouard has always dreamed of adventure, and, he has a so-called sense of justice in his heart, those people bloody means, give us a big help. Drady, you turn around and find a double, a double of about the same size as the butler, and throw it into the sea, so that people think the guy is dead, so that no one will be hung up on him, but you have to keep an eye on the guy, he ran out and was found, it would be a foregone conclusion."

When Drady heard the head's command, he nodded and agreed, "Yes, but, to be on the safe side, do you think it would be better to simply make him disappear completely?"

"No, it might be useful to keep him, no one knows the Tatnis couple better than he does, you just keep an eye on him and don't let anyone find out, that's all." Mr. Hyde said.

"This is easy, that butler is a pretty scared guy, now, he stays inside the house all day, he doesn't even dare to go near the window." Draddy said.

"That's good, Faith, you go back to Thurth Castle immediately, and you find out for me which people are most concerned about this tragedy, and it seems that someone is so impatient that they plan to take action." Hyde ordered again.

"As ordered, chief."

"Kellar, you should know best about the assassination, you've been to the scene and seen it, what have you found?" Mr. Hyde asked.

"Amateur level, it looks like the murderers are just some rabble, otherwise, that butler would not have managed to escape. But those people's skill with swords is much better than the mob, it seems to have been specially trained, from the wounds on the corpse, it seems that those people strike extremely clean." Kailer replied.

"So what's your opinion?" Draddy asked, although he already had some idea inside his head, but he still wanted to hear what Kellar had to say.

"It was soldiers, more specifically knights, at least five knights, one of whom was left-handed." Kellar said.

"A left-handed knight? I'd be able to look into that." Faith said with a nod.

"Faith, you can just check and visit, but, do not need to inject too much effort in this, I guess such a major matter, must be planned by someone important, if so, for the sake of insurance, they may not use the people of Thurth Castle, Pym, this matter will be taught to you, you send your scouts around to poke around, I will talk to Maier Say hello, but you also have to warn those men of yours beforehand to keep their fingers under control." Mr. Hyde said.

"Got it, chief, I'll have my men stop doing business and go poking around in this matter with all my might." Pym replied.

"By the way, Pym, how many men do you actually have now?" Draddy asked.

"There are fifty-three in the city of Lae, and Alan is their head, and the scouts that can be gathered temporarily add up to a hundred, but these scouts are working in Lae to earn a living, and it is impossible to send them elsewhere, and there are a total of ten or so in the two towns around Lae, plus twenty scouts, and twenty-one goldfingers in Piton, but the number of scouts is large, and there are always More than two hundred people, Piton is very poor, so they can only hit the idea of passing merchants, Bart is really not suitable for gold fingers to make a living, but there are also more than ten scouts there, in Thurth Castle there are thirty-seven gold fingers, scouts have about sixty. As for Southport, the head has been telling me to stay out of that place." Pym replied.

"The time has come for your men to make a difference, Pym. Have the scouts keep a close eye on every stranger who enters or leaves their hunting grounds, no one knows their city better than they do. I don't want people in jail when I need help." Mr. Hyde said.

"Got it."

"Kellar, you can go and gather your men, since someone wants to play a dangerous game with us, then we will accompany you to the end, as soon as Pym or Faith there is news, it may be your turn to make a move." Hyde's revealed a cold smile, this time, the old man really like a thief leader.

"I will ask the Leben brothers to come back from Sebai, they are very good helpers and absolutely reliable, Sisyphel and his gang can also be summoned back if necessary, I know they have long been tired of staying on the island of Cassie, if you can get Crazy Pete out of the prison in Thurth Castle, he will be a very good accomplice, his ears are the best in our business He has one of the best ears in our business." Kellar said.

"Recruit them all, Faith, the madman, will you be able to think of something?" Mr. Hyde said.

"Oh, I've heard of that madman, he was caught I heard for exposing his lower half towards a certain noblewoman, the people inside the jail have long been like throwing him out, I don't think it would be difficult to save him, but is it safe to have such a madman involved in our operation?" Faith asked.

"Pete is indeed a madman, but he is a useful madman, I can manage him, he will stay by my side like a normal person, and when I act personally, the madman is the only guy who can cooperate with me and be helpful to me." Kellar said.

"I get it, I'll get that guy out, it won't be hard." Faith promised.

"Well, it looks like the problem is solved, let's split up and do our respective jobs, there's not much time left." Mr. Hyde said.

Hearing the head as the end of the command, Draddy, Faith and Pym stood up in a hurry, indeed they had too many things to arrange.

The next whole day, for all the people inside the manor, is extremely busy. Edwards in his room, mixing the castor oil, so that the purple crystals dissolve into the castor oil is not a simple matter.

A new potion was being made in that crucible. Mr. Butler had sent someone to the city to buy goats, but it would be at least until the afternoon before the goats could be delivered to the manor.

As for Mr. Hyde, he was organizing his luggage. This time the matter is very important, he must personally go out, let Drady alone to do this matter, he is a bit not too comfortable. What's more, the Lord Prelate of the diocese is familiar with himself.

Now, the only person in Cherbourg who knew that the dead man, who was not the real Edward de Tatnis, was the respected prelate. For the steward of the Tatnis residence had told the prelate that Edward de Tatnis had been quietly fostered inside his estate of Lord Cadwellet Egret Hyde. And all this was arranged by his own hands, for he had been afraid that such a thing would occur now.

In the long course of his life, he had seen too many plots and backstabbing, and he had learned long ago how to prevent it all. In Cherbourg, this Lord Prelate is the most suitable person to be told this secret. Because the Lord Prelate had no ties to any noble or interest group, in the eyes of others, this Prelate was the only figure who could remain impartial and neutral.

What's more, this prelate is of high moral character and is well respected by all in Cherbourg. Moreover, his influence is enormous.

Although the prelate had little power, several powerful nobles of Cherbourg were his godchildren, and he was also a close friend of most of the powerful nobles there. No one would disobey what he said. Likewise, no one would think he was lying when he spoke.

Rather than having that butler accompany him on stage, Edward's appearance was, more appropriately, introduced by the revered Lord Prelate. Plus, there were more than a dozen corpses lying behind this Lord Prelate's words. This appalling tragedy undoubtedly aggravated the strength of the words of the Lord Prelate. Anyone would have taken all this, as a matter of course.

The death of those mercenaries was not a bad thing for him. And the reason for this is simply because he had prepared in advance. Mr. Hyde was quite satisfied with his original setup. The opponent, who was hiding behind the curtain, obviously did not expect that he had won the first round. And win extremely easy and pleasant.

But now the most important thing is, how to make this first round of victory, converted into the final victory. Every step that follows, no mistake at all. Although already a family wealthy and extremely wealthy, but the early years of upheaval life, to Mr. Hyde left an extremely deep mark.

Over the decades, there are some habits he has never changed. One of them is the luggage for travel, which he always prepares himself. Because for a traveler, personally organized luggage, things will not be put in a mess. A person who has walked the world for decades, each item in his luggage has its own specific location, outsiders will never be able to understand this.

The same person who travels for years, his luggage is definitely not a lot, that is undoubtedly looking for trouble for themselves. Luggage is also not extremely simple, only those who have suffered, know that the true meaning of well-prepared, sometimes, that may represent the life.

Mr. Hyde retrieved two large suitcases from under his bed in the bedroom. Although he was one of the wealthiest men in the south of France, the two traveling suitcases and his status were obviously not consistent. They were two extremely old suitcases that looked a bit old.

Mr. Hyde travel, has been using the two suitcases, although they do not look good, but, this suitcase is quite strong, extremely useful, and even better, they are waterproof, once, thanks to the two suitcases, he was able to retrieve a life from a flood.

Mr. Hyde will wipe the suitcase clean, not used for a long time, the suitcase above a thick layer of dust. Clothes, travel equipment has been neatly placed on the bed. Mr. Hyde will put them one by one into a specific place inside the suitcase.

As for Draddy, he didn't have any luggage to pack, he had a lot of work to do, too much work to do. Unlike Mr. Hyde, Drady is not a traveler, he rarely travels. If he needs to go out, he doesn't know what he needs to prepare, and anyway, the place he's going to is definitely a big city.

And in the big city, if you have money, you can buy everything. Therefore, it is not necessary to prepare luggage, just bring enough money.

This whole day, he must make all the preparations, tomorrow, will be the beginning of everything, however, it is also likely to be the end of everything. Both Mr. Hyde and he have put everything on the table.

In fact, the general scam, they, the people who plan it, do not need to show their faces and run to the stage. However, this time is completely different, this time the plan is too huge, the small role simply can not play a role, want to succeed must be their appearance.

It was a big gamble. Once they lost, everything they had in Frans was over. At that time, he could only go into exile to Yirei. As for the head, I think he will choose either Sibai or Inga, and there are too many past events that he doesn't want to remember.

In the midst of Mr. Hyde's estate, if there is one person who has the most leisure, it has to be Kellar. Returning to his dark and gloomy room, Kellar released a few carrier pigeons from the window, and that was all that was done.

In a few months, those helpers will come running to him on their own. What's more, summoning helpers is the head's intention. For Kailer, except for the madman, he does not use a single helper, those people will only bad things for him. But the head of the meaning, he also understood, the head must have a lot of work for them to do.

For killers like Kellar, travel is not any luggage, like he is such a highly skilled killers, the need for daily survival has long been reduced to the point where ordinary people can not imagine, luggage for them these people said, are meaningless ornaments. The things that killers need to use, all carry in the body can reach the place.

Time passes little by little, Draddy is still setting everything up, and it looks like there's no need to sleep tonight.

As for Edwards, he was reveling in his magical experiments, although, how these so-called magical experiments looked, they were just tossing those poor goats to their heart's content. Mr. Butler was indeed quite dedicated, and he had seven or eight goats, large and small, both male and female, bought.

With so many experimental crystals, Edwards was of course extremely happy. The whole afternoon, he soaked in those goats. Those poor goats, to Edward brought fruitful results, in fact, in the use of psychedelic powder, he can be called an expert.

It must be impossible for even his teacher, the Mashik magician, to know that much about the use of this potion.

For example, different concentrations of psychedelic powder solutions are absorbed at completely different rates, which is very similar to what Kellar once taught him about poisons. Think about it, the magician research is how to create an unprecedented thing, as for how to use it, for which those magicians may not have any interest.

The killer, on the other hand, is a very different kind of person, who must be extremely familiar with any tool at hand, even to the point of absolute proficiency to do so. Although Edwards is a magical apprentice, however, he has never spent a single day studying beside Mashik's teacher; on the contrary, Kellar and Draddy have had an extremely significant influence on him. Therefore, it was inevitable that Edouard's way of thinking about things was more consistent with those two.

An afternoon of research brought him no small result. In the two kettles he carried with him were mixed into different concentrations of psychedelic powder solvent. One of them as long as a little smeared on so a little, you can quickly make an unlucky goat limbs limp on the ground.

The potion is so effective that it is far more effective than the poisons that Kellar had told himself. Those poisons still need a period of time to take effect, but the psychedelic powder solvent is almost immediate, and immediately let the goat planted on the ground.

With this stuff, self-defense should definitely not be a problem. Another solvent to act a little longer, I do not know why, whether it will be adjusted to thicker or lighter, as long as the ratio is slightly deviated, the effectiveness of psychedelic powder solvent is difficult to do as quickly as the first bottle of effective, which makes Edwards feel regret.

However, it can not be helped, the other is much thinner, that is used for pain relief, Mr. Hyde once mentioned that this potion is very effective in this regard. In order to test, Edwards even in his own arm, lightly scratched a wound, that potion is indeed quite effective, not feel the pain at all.

And, that feeling, really, as Mr. Hyde said, is just too comfortable. Although Edwards is absolutely sure that he did not hallucinate, however, it is true that the body is soothed, the feeling of pleasure is absolutely indescribable.

Previously, Edward used to think that - a delicious meal is already the most crystal enjoyment that can be obtained on earth.

But, he now realizes that with a drop of psychedelic powder solvent, just a small drop, you will forget the temptation of any delicacy to you, because, that simply can not be the same day.

Happiness is always short-lived, and as Edwards gradually came to his senses, his first thought was to open the cap of the bottle intending to put another drop of solvent on top of his arm. Fortunately, that's when Mr. Hyde's warning, jumped out from inside his head.

Edouard restrained his impulse to suppress the strong desire, and with a trembling hand he tightly corked the cap of the bottle.

Now, Edwards finally understand why Mr. Hyde once said that psychedelic powder solvent is extremely dangerous agent, indeed, this stuff can easily destroy a person.

The illusory feeling of happiness is undoubtedly full of unstoppable seductive power for a creature like a human being. Fortunately, they just a small test, but also fortunately, the concentration of their own solvent diluted to a very low and low concentration. Otherwise ......


© 2023 Steven26192


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on April 13, 2023
Last Updated on April 13, 2023
Tags: Magic


Author

Steven26192
Steven26192

Writing
V1C1 V1C1

A Chapter by Steven26192


V1C2 V1C2

A Chapter by Steven26192


V1C3 V1C3

A Chapter by Steven26192