V2C9

V2C9

A Chapter by Steven26192
"

The story unfolds on a vast medieval Western magic continent. In this age of expansion and aggression, money rules everything and conspiracies loom over the entire continent like dark clouds. Magic th

"
If there is any kind of people in this world who are more powerful than the nobles, then it is definitely the clergy who serve the gods and the magicians who have mysterious powers. Although in a sense, magicians are only some very special scholars, they have a special status because the special knowledge they master, called "magic", is something that ordinary people cannot learn and use.

And the number of magicians is so rare that it is difficult to pick one out of 10,000 people who have magical talent. However, these magicians with special power are so important for a country. If an army does not have a few magicians with high skills, thousands of troops are just at the mercy of the enemy to be ravaged and slaughtered.

Therefore, no matter in which the king, the most trustworthy, the most can rely on the strength of the magician is always that a high. They are not only the strongest guards around the king, but also use their superior wisdom to guide their monarch in the right direction.

In addition to the kings who are desperate to find a loyal and reliable magician with high strength, those ministers who call the shots at the court and have great power are also searching for a magician who can serve them. In these areas, anyone is not spared, because the side of a high strength magician, that almost already represents that person has an unshakeable position. Although, the demand for magicians is so urgent, the number of magicians has never been raised.

This is deeply regrettable for every king, no matter how prosperous your kingdom is, how rich and powerful it is, but a strong kingdom does not help to increase the number of magicians at all. What's more, among those magicians there are many who are not willing to work for anyone at all. These magicians value the exploration of magical knowledge more than anything else, and status, power and prestige are things they don't consider at all.

This makes the originally extremely rare magicians even more rare and unavailable. Frans is a world-renowned magical nation with an extremely high level of magical civilization, but that doesn't mean Frans has a large number of magicians.

In fact, the number of wizards in Frans is smaller than in the neighboring countries of Ile, Sibai and Derry.

With a prosperous economy, a developed culture, and a coalition government formed by a coalition of city-states, the political situation of Yirei is relatively stable, and there have been few civil wars in the nine hundred years since the country was founded. Except for the rise of the powerful Eastern nation of Thor in recent centuries, which made the original most prosperous country lost a large area of land in the north, the long history of Yirei is more prosperous account.

Therefore, the largest number of Yirei magicians is one of the reasons why this country, which has not fought a few wars since its inception, was able to resist the invasion of the powerful Thor nation.

The last descendant of this ancient empire, the last branch of the ancient Loretta Empire, which was once prominent for a thousand years, has not only ancient traditions and a long history, but also inherited a high level of magical civilization from the days of the ancient Loretta Empire. If it weren't for the fact that this country, like most older people, suffers from incurable debility, it's likely that Xibai would have achieved a magical civilization beyond that of other countries.

But steeped in its long history and the inexplicable satisfaction of having had it all, Dubai inevitably weakened, and although it had a relatively large number of magicians, centuries ago, its magical civilization had fallen far behind that of other neighboring countries.

As for Derry, with its large population and vast lands, the youngest country has shown its aggressiveness, and in just a few centuries of history, this new country already has more magicians in numbers than Frans.

These wizards were originally from those other kingdoms that were annexed by this emerging nation.

This country, which had a deep bloodline connection with Yireh and Frans, was completely annexed by the Derry to the south-east in a short span of 100 years, and was then subsumed under the rule of the Derry. Frans became the next target of this huge country.

Although in terms of numbers, Frans does not have an advantage, but Frans has the leading number of senior magicians, which is incomparable to other countries. In Frans there was once the Grand Magician Dieter Jawar, who was known as the strongest magician, and he has long become a legend, a myth.

Although, in the following centuries, there has never been a great magician of the same strength, but as the highest level of magicians can reach, Frans never less than five, and even once had twelve magicians, which is almost a miracle.

Even now, Frans still has six magicians, far more than Yirei and Derry to, as opposed to none at all in Sibai. Yirei has three magi. Originally they had four magi, but the last battle with the Thorians not only cost the country three of its most prosperous counties in the north and nearly 200,000 troops, but also lost one magi.

Of course they were also fruitful, Tor left more than half a million bodies on the land of Yirei, most of them soldiers who fought, but also many immigrants migrated by the King of Tor, Tor's navy was completely wiped out, and several ports along the coast were burned to rubble. In fact, if Yirei take the opportunity to counterattack, it is fully capable of recovering the lost land.

However, the kingdom of Yirei was formed by a dozen independent city-states united together, and most of them did not want to continue this war which seemed to them to be meaningless.

Thor begged for peace, the war was over. That was enough for most of the city-states, and it was simply not worth spending huge military expenditures and tens of thousands of lives to retake a few counties that didn't matter to them.

What's more, compared with the value of the three counties, so that the trade between Tor and Yirei can continue to flow, that is more important thing, if the fight continues, so that the king of the Tor people angry, from now on to close all trade and sea passages, for this prosperity of Yirei, is undoubtedly the end of the disaster. Because of this, Yirei used three counties and a magician in exchange for half a century of peace and prosperity.

For those sacrificed legions, Irey does not care at all, his weapons workshop can be used in just one year to produce enough armaments to arm the same legions. The horses were not a problem at all, the Yirei were good at raising horses, and the horse trade with Tor was able to quickly replenish the shortage of war horses.

As for the soldiers, the refugees who escaped from the three counties are enough to build three or four legions of this size; as for the military expenses, as long as the sea trade routes remain unimpeded, money is nothing. The only thing that makes Yirei feel sorry for is the loss of the magician and several other senior magicians in the battle, which is not money or people can be replenished.

The balance of power between Yirei and Derry is broken. The same three magicians are in the hands of Derry, and Derry has the most powerful knight army and infantry regiment in the world. The original Yirei was able to deter this leering enemy by virtue of the fact that the number of magicians in his hands exceeded that of Derry to.

But now, the balance has been upset. In fact, Yirei was more afraid of Deli to this potential enemy, in their view, the Thorians were just greedy bandits who wanted to plunder Yirei's incredible wealth. However, Deli to is completely different, he wants the complete subjugation of Yirei.

The only one who can hold Rizhi back is Frans. The only thing that Frans can rely on is the magician in his hands.

It is for this reason that magicians have a superb status, not only senior magicians are treated with courtesy, even a magical apprentice's status is also higher than that of ordinary nobles. For a nobleman, the promotion of titles is extremely difficult, a lord wants to become a baron, must make outstanding contributions to be possible, baron to viscount, that proves that the family in the local power has been quite large, enough to influence the political situation of a region. Viscounts want to be further promoted, without military service is simply impossible, the opening of the country nearly a thousand years, not because of military service or marriage with the royal family to obtain the title of count only five families. The titles of Marquis and Duke are only awarded to those families that have a huge power in the kingdom and have a bloodline connection with the royal family. That is a lofty position that ordinary families can not reach.

But an apprentice magician is completely different. Who knows if he will become a senior magician or even a magician in the future?

In the eyes of the world, a magician was originally a synonym for a promising future. Because of this, when Baron Brown proved with his extensive knowledge that Edward was indeed a magical apprentice, all the people at the table stared closely at Edward.

For them, Lord Kevi'elle Egret Hyde no longer mattered, he was a commoner noble, or from the oldest and most prestigious family in Yirei, the Roebeck family, it all did not matter. Because, the status of magic apprentice has already overshadowed all of this.

Although I don't know what level of magician Edouard was talking about, but as long as he was a magician, any door in the kingdom was open to him, and it was easy to meet with the king.

At this table, there is no doubt that Edward's status is now the most noble, and this has nothing to do with pedigree or anything at all, simply because the teenager is a magical apprentice. Baron Brown respectfully handed the ring back to Edward.

"Oh, Edouard, you have surprised me so much, I have never encountered so many astounding things in my life, not only do you have the gift of the most brilliant diplomat, you are also an apprentice in magic, how enviable." Baron Ronald exclaimed.

"In your opinion, what is the matter with the perverse rainstorm here?" The Baron's daughter-in-law asked.

"It is difficult to say, according to my estimation, you inadvertently came across something when rebuilding the villa, you should have heard that magical things may not be as precious as my ring, a glance can be seen extraordinary affairs, a stone slab, a stone monument, like the four lonely stone pillars in the Eng, Sisyphean prairie, who can think, that actually The ancient magical relics of superb power? The world of magic is so strange, the more insignificant something is, the more likely it is to be priceless." Edouard explained.

These words are not nonsense. Drady once mentioned the Sisyphean Stonehenge, every summer solstice at noon, when the sun rises overhead, the four huge stone pillars around the central area will rise a blazing fire. The temperature of this fire is any kind of known flame can not be compared, it is higher than the volcanic eruption of magma temperature dozens of times, almost any material will be vaporized by this flame.

Of course things that will not be vaporized are definitely quite rare in this world, such as the enchanted silver used in that ring in Edward's hand. There was once speculation that the mysterious magic formation formed by these four stone pillars could be a smelting furnace used to cast special weapons in ancient times.

"Insignificant things?" Baron Ronald frowned and thought hard: "It seems that nothing special was found, the renovation work seven years ago, did not make a big deal, just a little renovation of the villa, the exterior painted, put in some furniture, next to the short house and the back of the stable is originally there, the vegetable plot was also a lawn, that is the most altered place The vegetable patch was also a lawn, and that was the most modified area. Other than that, there were no changes, because the cellar was never renovated because of the lack of manpower, and there was nothing there originally. The only place that changed a lot was the study, which was originally built on the south side of the second floor, because that room was the most well-lit room in the whole villa, so I transformed it into my wife's bedroom. As for the study, it was moved to a corner against the west. There were two large bookshelves in the study, as well as several statues, which I moved to new places. Is there something wrong with those bookshelves or statues?"

"Are there any books left on top of the bookshelves? For a wizard, his magic books often have powerful magic cast on them to avoid accidental loss and theft." Edouard asked.

"There are no books, not a single book," replied the baron in the affirmative.

"There's a statue of a book." Fatty warned from the sidelines.

"A statue of a book?" Edouard asked.

"By the way, I remember, those statues left behind there is a statue of a book, I set it into the wall above the study fireplace, is it because this is at work?" Baron asked thoughtfully.

"Right now, it's hard to be sure, you have to see it for yourself." Edwards said.

"Then wait until after dinner, I will accompany you inside the study to see what you might find." The Baron said with a smile.

"Don't forget me, for this kind of interesting thing, I definitely want to be listed." That Baron Brown beside Edouard said.

"I'm equally interested." Midnight declared.

Although the others did not say anything, but look at their eyes obviously for such interesting things, equally curious.

Baron Ronald's dinner, although not very luxurious, but also quite sumptuous. Because of the proximity of the seashore, of course, fish is both abundant and cheap food, delicate and fresh tuna, fat and delicious dish fish, fresh and delicious eel, plus large lobster, sea crab, and a variety of fatty shellfish.

Of course, in addition to these, the traditional chicken, duck, cattle and sheep are also missing. This dinner was indeed able to make the guests quite satisfied. Edward also ate a lot, but the meat and fish, he did not touch, although he has always liked to eat these foods, but, Drady developed a special recipe for himself. The original Edward Tatnis is apparently a rather picky eater, except for shrimp and crab and shellfish, almost all other meat dishes do not eat, Edward had to follow this special recipe. Edward's picky eating apparently also attracted the attention of others at the table.

"Children, when you are growing up, it is not good for your development to be so picky about food." The old grandfather who was sitting at the other end of the table said.

"Yes, you are so small in stature, obviously the development of the body can not keep up with the growth of intelligence, you should eat everything, so that you can grow into a man." Said Midnight, who was sitting across from him.

He did have the right to say such things, and in fact he was the fittest of all the men sitting at the table, and although you couldn't see it in his gown, Edwards was certain that Midget had even more muscles on his body than most of the sailors in Southport.

Edwards is quite doubtful that Midnight is a knight, many nobles have the title of knight, that has become a symbol of honor just like their titles, but Midnight can definitely be called a real knight. Although his body is not tall, but extremely strong, hands, although and most nobles as delicate white, but looks extremely strong. And he ate food, just as he said earlier, eat everything.

"There's no way around it, it's a habit developed over the years, some foods I can't swallow no matter what." Edwards said.

"So what would you like to eat? Maybe we can prepare something for you, we can't just let you eat this." Baroness Ronald said gently. In their noblewomen's opinion, picky eating is not a problem, as to whether Edouard is like a man, the body will not be too thin, but also not so unpleasant to see.

"Ah, you're welcome, the food here is already quite rich for me, there are lobsters, sea crabs, and my favorite oysters, and these shells, I'm already satisfied, if there's anything on my recipe that's not here, it's only octopus and squid, but I think most people don't eat those two things. " Edwards said.

"Octopus and squid? My goodness, someone actually eats that kind of stuff, ouch, just thinking about those octopus and squid bellies with those black ink-like things, I'm losing my appetite." Fatty yelled.

These words drew a sharp look from the Baroness. But Edouard's recipe was clearly beyond the expectations of the others.

"Octopus and squid? Are these two things delicious?" The baron's daughter-in-law asked on the side, but looking at her, she wouldn't be interested in trying them no matter what Edouard's answer was.

"It's quite delicious." Edouard exclaimed. This is true, at the beginning, he was also hardened to taste these eight-legged, slimy belly of black ink, but did not expect that this ugly creature tasted extremely delicious indeed.

But there are really few people in Frans who have the courage to taste this kind of food, even Draddy himself is not interested in this food at all, every time the dish has octopus and squid inside, can really enjoy the taste of it, only Edouard and Mr. Hyde.

"This strange hobby is unheard of, perhaps it is another surprise, or perhaps, that great magicians get their mysterious magic from the very bodies of octopus and squid. You have to admit, these two creatures are indeed some incredible, their blood is black, like ink, and the legendary demons living in the bottom of hell is the same kind of color." Baroness Ornel said, obviously still holding a grudge about the thoroughbred horse and the ring.

"This hobby is extremely peculiar, but, not unique, I know of another person who has almost exactly the same recipe, that person is our original Lord Lord old Earl Medin. Although Earl Medin is not as picky as this teenager, but for shellfish shrimp and crab, as well as octopus, squid preferences, but almost exactly the same. When I first saw the old Count Medin eat this strange food, I was really surprised, but listening to the Count talk about these two creatures, obviously as full of love as this teenager." Viscount Telbo said.

"Right, you say this I remember, our respected old Count Medin indeed like to eat these two strange creatures, but his two sons, this is not interested at all, but the Count's daughter, that little angel inherited her father's preferences, and if I remember correctly, this young lady and Edouard you as picky eaters, remember when the stern Aunt once forced the young lady to change that strange recipe, but, in the end, almost got killed, since then no one has ever mentioned to let the young lady change the habit of picky eating, until later ...... "the old man said here stopped.

"After the Earl of Meding's family passed away one after another, that lady should be the only heir, right?" Fatty asked.

"Unfortunately, Miss Lissa has also passed away, it was the plague that took her young life in Southport a few years ago." Viscount Tebow said.

"The plague? Isn't there a church in Southport? The church should have a way of suppressing the plague." Baroness Ronald asked. In fact, her real question was directed to Edouard, because Edouard was the only one here who came from that port city at the south end.

"There were two churches in Southport, and the priests in the churches had unquestionable devotion to the gods, but they did not know how to perform miracles through the blessing of the gods, and the only thing the priests could do was to keep the less serious illnesses from getting worse, and for serious illnesses, they themselves were helpless. The plague spread so rapidly that only those who escaped from Southport in time to take refuge were able to survive, and at least seventeen of the priests themselves died of the disease, as well as a mayor and five prosecutors. Those who survived the plague were those who were favored by the gods of luck." Edouard said in a low voice.

"I'm sorry to bring back those sad memories." The Baroness said apologetically.

"To those who died in the terrible plague, to those who were lucky enough to survive, may the gods be with them." Telbo tried to adjust his emotions, in fact his heart was already quite heavy when he thought of the lovely and charming, but ultimately departed from this life, the count's daughter.

"Baron Turbot's proposal, it could not be better, I agree!" Baron Ronald rarely agreed with the strongest rival of the year. Everyone raised their glasses and made a symbolic toast.

"Does the old Earl of Medin have no more heirs? Then that stern old Miss Medine is the only heir, isn't that so? Oh, my goodness, just the thought that this spinster will be our lord, that's just terrible." The fat man said.

"The king will send another minister to be the lord of Thurth Castle." Baron Brown said, "As far as I know, there are at least three counts who are trying to win this position. The last one was Count Repetto, godson of the noble Prince Phillips and head of the Royal Order of Knights. I heard that His Royal Highness intends to let his godson train in Cherbourg in order to take his place in the future."

Baron Brown was well-connected and well-informed, and it was obvious that all this was true, not to mention that Cherbourg did not just represent a county in the south, but it was the hub that connected the south with the rest of Frans, and because of the prosperity of the south port and the development of the sea route, the originally barren south of Frans suddenly became a place of wealth and happiness, and likewise, this piece of land, which was almost neglected, was now a place of hope for the The same way, this land, which was almost neglected, now became a place of hope for the treasury, which was getting dried up.

These nobles at the table, most of them have held public positions in finance, even Baron Lonner also managed the treasury at the beginning, and know the subtleties of it, but these things can never be openly discussed at the dinner table.

"The three lords may be disappointed, as far as I know, the old lord has a last heir, Miss Lissa left home because she was unwilling to accept the marriage contracted for her by the old earl, and soon after leaving home she married a ragged nobleman from Western Bay who lived in Southport, and soon they had a son, the plague took the lives of Miss Lissa and her The plague took the lives of Miss Lissa and her husband, but their child fortunately survived. A loyal butler always looked after the young master, and even hired a team of mercenaries from Ilei to protect his young master, who seemed to be a perceptive enough person to be the chief of staff of the Order, and who would have had a great future if he had joined the Order. He kept the young master tightly hidden and kept him completely isolated from the outside world, thus preserving the only heir of the old Count Medin. We are now trying by all means to impress the steward gentleman to let us see the young master, but it is obviously quite a difficult matter to impress the loyal steward, at least until now, we have not managed to compromise this stubborn man." Baron O'Neill said.

"You think the butler is quite loyal, but I find it suspicious that the butler won't even let us know the real name of his young master, let alone let us meet with the young count. Even if a person is placed under house arrest, there is always a time to open the window or draw the curtains, but the window of the young count has never been moved, so it is doubtful that there is someone living in it." Viscount Telbo said.

"Why didn't we know about the surveillance sent by the Earldom?" Baron Ornell was obviously a little upset.

"The old lady instructed me to do so, do you have a problem with that?" Telbo shot back. It seems that the sister of the old Earl of Medin was quite authoritative in Cherbourg, so much so that that Baron d'Ornelle stopped talking when he heard such a remark.

"To be able to afford to hire mercenaries to act as a private guard, this nobleman from Xibai is quite rich." Midnight said.

"It is true that he cannot be said to be a bankrupt nobleman, but a playboy. After selling all the family's assets, he bought a boat and traveled around the world, and I heard that he visited many places and met many people. When he was in Italy, he used most of his assets for business speculation and was lucky enough to multiply his fortune several times. After meeting Miss Liza in Frans, the guy settled in Southport. He owned a fleet of nine galleys in the West Bay, Frans and Yirei both had large estates in the West Bay, with assets of no less than three million gold Frans, and that fleet alone brought him an annual income of 100,000 gold Frans, a fortune that was second to none in Southport. An ordinary mercenary salary is about twenty-five gold coins per month, the junior captain is one hundred gold coins, that mercenary squad is about a dozen people, the annual salary cost is about more than three thousand gold coins, other maintenance costs add up to about five to six thousand gold coins, for a rich man with an annual income of one hundred thousand gold coins, this is nothing at all." Telbo has obviously investigated that family quite well.

"Three million Francs, nearly 100,000 Francs a year, if I had such a fortune, I wouldn't care about the title of Lord of Thurth Castle." Baron Brown said.

"Perhaps that butler thought so, too." Midnight interjected.

"But there is no sign of the young master at all in that villa, and that is the crux of the matter." Telbo said.

"Perhaps, the young count was secretly moved elsewhere, after all, for that terrible doom of Count Medine's family, a small team of mercenaries may not be powerful enough at all, and the best way is to hide the target where no one knows about it, isn't it?" Fatty said.

"Perhaps, our young lord heir did not escape the doom and gloom, has long been lying inside the cold graveyard, but if it is known that this young master has died, then the annual income of 100,000 gold coins will not know to what talent, for such a sum of income, few people will not be moved." Telbo said his opinion.

"Baron Telbo, you really know too well the dark side of human nature, but I think that loyalty and virtue still exist. From my contact with that steward gentleman, he is an honorable gentleman, and, from the accounts, there are no loopholes, except for an annual expenditure worth six thousand Francs that is somewhat unexplained, I cannot see that, this gentleman has signs of embezzlement of his master's property. As for the six thousand Francs expenditure, I think the maintenance cost of that mercenary squad is exactly that amount, isn't it?" Baron d'Ornelle said.

"This is not a discussion of human nature, it's just that I have enough evidence that there is not a single fifteen year old inside that manor, that's all." Viscount Turbot said.

"Well, well, let's not have this pointless argument at the table, let's have dinner in high spirits, you two are making the atmosphere worse and worse." Baroness Henreid stopped further arguments.

"Yes, let us bless that young lord and wish him good health. As for whether there will be a new lord in Thurth Castle, there is no advantage or disadvantage for us, the work of the Finance Department and the Tax Administration Department will not become easier or heavier, and our wages will not increase or decrease." Fatty said easily.

"It is true, but not so for our Lord Keviélé Egret Hyde." Baroness Ornelle said with a smile.

However, her husband obviously did not want his wife to offend a teenager who would become a magician in the future, he said: "There will be no problem for Lord Kevi'ele Egret Hyde as well, Lord Kevi'ele Egret Hyde's property is scattered in Frans, Sibai and Yirei, just a little transfer of wealth, anyone becomes a lord For the lord, it does not matter at all. Besides, who would have a problem with a wizard? The lord will not, the lord prince will not, and our honored king will not, will he?"

The Baroness d'Ornelle obviously knew her husband's hint by heart, and although quite reluctant, she had to admit the fact. The young baroness lowered her head, ate and drank to herself, and never spoke again.

Without noisy people, the party became quite peaceful and calm, and for the next hour, there was no more talk about sensitive topics, except for some family matters and hearsay.

The dinner was quite pleasant for Edouard, the baroness had been around diligently dedicated to entertaining him as a guest, since she knew he was extremely picky about his food and liked oysters and lobster and sea crab the most, although she was embarrassed to bring others' share, but her own share could definitely be given to Edouard, which gave Edouard a feeling of being flattered. In fact, Baroness Lonner also intentionally or unintentionally left some of her own, and Edward became the darling of the table without a doubt.

For those subsequent small talk, Edouard simply have no room to interject, because that is and he completely two worlds of affairs, in fact, until now, he really know more about the nobility only Mr. Hyde and Baron Lonner, for the noble social circle of knowledge is also limited to this banquet and Drady taught knowledge.

Edward was still not fully accustomed to this peculiar world. But although Edwards remained silent for the next hour, he had long since become the star attraction of the party, and he was the most visible one at the table.

Sitting on the other side of the table of the old couple from time to time with a kind of gentle and benevolent gaze at themselves, which makes Edwards feel very uncomfortable, but the opposite Midget and the fat man that seems to laugh at the gaze, but also slightly make him feel better. But the real Edward can not stand, is the table those ladies sneak glances to the eyes.

This kind of look not only makes Edouard uncomfortable all over, even the baron's daughter beside him is also inexplicably nervous.

Dinner ended both pleasantly and awkwardly, with most people uninterested in the after-dinner dessert, and there was much discussion about after-dinner activities.

Although Fatty and Baron Brown wanted to ride Edward's thoroughbred horse, it was already dark outside and the cottage did not have a special running track, so this wish could only be fulfilled tomorrow morning.

In fact the two men had already impatiently agreed with Edwards to lend the thoroughbred horse to the two of them for an hour tomorrow morning. For playing cards, Edwards is not interested, the card game more or less some stakes, although for Baron Lonner, too big stakes is absolutely impossible to accept, but, without stakes, just playing cards is absolutely impossible.

Edwards is not worried about losing money, he originally had a good arithmetic skills, and then through the special training of Draddy, it can be said that for the game of cards is quite proficient, even without any tricks, want to win these people present, it is easy to. But Edwards does not like to gamble.

While in Southport, Edwards had the notion that gambling was the root of all evil, a trap leading to sin and a symbol of depravity. Aunt Betty was never a gambler, and no one in the store gambled, and even the proprietor saw gambling as the most significant stain on his character.

In fact, among the merchants of Southport, very few people go to such places as casinos, once they are found to have such a hobby, then the person's reputation will be greatly damaged, no one will be willing to do business with a gambler, and no money changer is willing to lend money to a merchant who likes to gamble.

In Southport, only when dealing with tax collectors, merchants came to play a couple of games in order to be entertained, but this was obviously a means of bribing the tax collectors, and everyone was unaware of this. Influenced by his childhood, Edouard did not like gambling, and he declined Baron Lonner's invitation.

As for the ladies, chatting inside the lounge was the only way they used to pass the time, but it was also their preference. Edwards was neither interested nor embarrassed to join them.

"By the way, Edouard, didn't we just agree? Let's go inside the study together, maybe, you will be able to find something." Baron Ronald said.

This suggestion immediately received the initiative of the crowd. Everyone left the table, and Baron Lonner led the way with a candlestick in his hand. Up the stairs, the room on the west side facing north was the study. When he opened the door, Count Ronald placed the candlestick on a desk by hand.

The candlelight is not very bright, the study is still quite dark, against the wall placed two rows of bookshelves, bookshelves apparently some history, many places of paint has long been peeling off, revealing the bottom of the rosewood inside. This is an extremely hard quality wood, because of this, after several centuries, these bookshelves are still so strong and secure.

The desk and the chair placed next to it apparently not so old history. The desk is the most common kind, made of red pine, with a thin layer of paint on the outside, and a row of drawers underneath.

The only advantage of this desk is practical, quite practical, these drawers can not only put a lot of things, and the top two drawers with a lock, put some important documents quite safe. Against the north wall is a fireplace, the wall above the fireplace is inlaid with a statue of the book.

The statue was supposed to be a freestanding statue, but Baron Lonner dug a hole in the wall, burying most of the statue into the wall, with only the surface of the statue showing on the outside. Everyone wanted to squeeze into the small study, but it was clear that there was no room for so many people.

At such moments, all the children were herded out of the room, they were the least powerful and most vulnerable group. The old couple, who were obviously not as curious and impulsive about life as they were in their younger days, also went to rest in the lounge, served by the ladies-in-waiting. Those ladies except Baroness Ornel all consciously withdrew from the study, leaving the place to the men.

Although most people were standing outside the door, there was still a little more audience inside for such a small study. The faint light of the candlestick on the desk was dimmed even more by the heavy silhouette of the people. However, for Edouard, it did not matter. He slowly walked up to the statue, raised the ring he was carrying in his hand, and carefully approached the statue.

Edouard's heart was equally apprehensive and extremely nervous. Although Mr. Mashik said he had the talent to become a magician, although, as long as after training, he is likely to become a magician, but, after all, he is now a layman who does not know anything. This statue is not really magical, he knows nothing about it, everything is just speculation.

What's more, he didn't know if this magical power was dangerous for him. After all, he had no more knowledge of the world of magic than those behind him. Despite the fact that he was still incredibly nervous inside, Edouard raised the ring to the statue.

Before he could get any closer to the statue, the crystal clear sapphire on the ring emitted a faint purple glow. Although this purple glow was so faint, everyone in the study clearly saw this magical scene for them.

Truth be told, Edwards was in the same mood of overwhelming excitement and intense tension, as if he was working a miracle with his own hands. Maybe it really is a miracle.

The first time he came into contact with this mysterious power, the taste was indescribable. Fortunately, Edouard still remembered what the Mashik magician told himself about the usage of this ring. The purple glow, if memory serves, that represents the magic energy of the spiritual system. Back then it was this power that killed the magicians involved in the excavation, along with all the unfortunate workers around.

It was to resist this power that the magicians made the ring. But is the power of the latter-day wizard enough to resist that legendary most powerful wizard?

For this matter, Edwards is not at all sure. Edwards knew very well what a dangerous job he was doing. However, curiosity overcame everything. Mysterious power, the most powerful wizard left behind treasure, unknown danger, what could be more exciting than this?

Edouard grew up eager for adventure, eager to be like those sailors generally wandering in the vast ocean, eager to see more new and strange affairs. Now, he is carrying out the adventure, is he never imagined, but also the ordinary people simply difficult to meet the adventure.

Whether the end of this adventure was a portal to the City of Doom or a treasure trove left behind by the most powerful wizard with a dazzling golden light, no one could answer that question. Driven by curiosity, Edouard gently pressed the sapphire ring face to the surface of the statue. The purple light suddenly became dazzling, and the faint glow of the candle was instantly suppressed.

This change was so sudden that a cry of alarm came from inside the study, and everyone hurriedly took a step backward. Edward's heart is also quite afraid, but fortunately, and Kailer stay with the period of time, Kailer used a variety of methods, will Edward trained no matter what happens, will not panic.

Although, there was no way for Kellar to completely eliminate Edward's terror of danger, Kellar managed to keep Edward's physical body from being swayed by the fear in his mind, at least not by the sudden fright. As a result, Edwards was the only one of everyone present who seemed relatively calm and collected.

Although his heart was equally nervous and uneasy, although his body was trembling slightly, although Edouard knew very well that the calming was only his own flesh that had been strictly trained by Kellar, but still, driven by strong curiosity, Edouard slowly turned the movable sapphire ring face with his thumb. That empty hand had long since reached inside his pocket and removed the side of the charm given to him by his teacher.

Everything is ready to stop. Edwards can not dare to have the slightest error, his life depends on the effective use of these two magic weapons.

One lap, two laps, three laps ......

Although the people next to him did not know what Edwards was doing, they decided that Edwards was an expert in dealing with such things. After all, he was a magical apprentice, and after all, he held the magical magic ring in his hand.

Everyone waited quietly in apprehension, inside the study, the aisle above the silence, even those servants and maids know that a wizard inside the study is casting a wonderful magic.

The night sky was silent. Edouard cleared his messy mind and slowly chanted the spell his teacher, the Mashik magician, had taught him. Each of those notes seemed to be filled with infinite magic, pulling the strength and courage out of Edward's body one by one.

The long incantation was finally finished. Suddenly, Edwards felt a strong sound wave through his eardrums, and as if a silver needle deep into the brain.

That sudden blow, so that Edwards for a moment can not feel the pain, but immediately after a strong stabbing pain, deeply transmitted to every nerve endings of the body, that is a kind of fire branding pain.

If it were not for the fact that Kellar had given himself lessons in how to endure pain, and used all kinds of torture that would not leave permanent marks to let his flesh learn this brutal lesson over and over again, this attack would have destroyed Edwards completely.

But, fortunately, Edwards survived this most difficult moment. Just as the pain came extremely suddenly, so did it disappear extremely suddenly. Everything was calm again, as if nothing had happened, there was no stinging sensation, as if the intense pain that had been inflicted on Edwards had never happened.

All was calm again. Just when Edouard guessed that everything had been resolved, suddenly the walls changed.

A thick smoke came up from the sculpture. It was not like ordinary smoke and dust, thick as if substantial, rushing towards Edward. For this sudden situation, Edwards simply too late to think, the left hand naturally clutched the charm to meet upward. I saw the golden light flashing in the sky, the incantation suddenly fluffed and scattered, into a piece of gold clarity of the thin silk.

These gold and silver wire full of air dance, a moment to cover the majority of the study. Countless metallic threads were laid into an impermeable cobweb. The wisp of smoke has not yet fully formed, looks a bit like a ball of kneaded very soft, very sticky dough, and as if a cumulonimbus cloud in the sky fell to the ground.

The metal spider webs that were open all around emitted a pleasant buzzing sound, the sound seemed to be the strings plucked in the hands of angels, and like the legendary mermaid's seductive song. As the sound ebbs and flows, these metal cobwebs suddenly wind up toward the smoke, layer after layer, the smoke tightly wrapped inside.

The smoke cloud shrank smaller and smaller, and finally fell to the floor of the study with a clang. When the crowd came back to their senses, they saw that the wall was originally inlaid with statues, now leaving only a large empty hole.

The floor was scattered with crumbs of plaster and scattered bricks. In the pile of crumbs and bricks, there were two objects lying.

One of them, anyone will be able to see at a glance is a thick notebook, tile blue cover written on a few unknown mysterious characters, thick notes with a golden silk ribbon tied tightly, reckless and ancient cover, with green silk dark flower process printed with a strange and mysterious pattern, the back of that pattern is obviously a magic array.

The palm-sized magic array was stamped with countless magical symbols. It was the most complex thing Edward had ever seen, so many seal characters and symbols, even dozens of times more than the spell inscribed on the ring in his hand. It must be the magical notebook left behind by the great magician Dieter Jawal.

Next to the notebook lay a square metal block, two inches long, one inch wide and half an inch high, with a golden and dazzling appearance, as if it were a block of pure gold. Although I don't know what it is, but placed together with the notebook of the great magician Dieter Jawar, it will certainly not be an ordinary thing.

Edwards carefully picked them up off the ground.


© 2023 Steven26192


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on April 13, 2023
Last Updated on April 13, 2023
Tags: Magic


Author

Steven26192
Steven26192

Writing
V1C1 V1C1

A Chapter by Steven26192


V1C2 V1C2

A Chapter by Steven26192


V1C3 V1C3

A Chapter by Steven26192