There He Stood

There He Stood

A Story by Ellay
"

Kinda horror-ish, so if you're not into that, please don't read this. I wrote this for a contest.

"
There he stood. But not how I had expected.
From a distance, his face was smeared with red paint, or what appeared to be red paint. But I knew better, I knew what it was. It was blood, and it appeared fresh.
"What has happened to you, my friend?" I say to him, "Were you in some quarrel?"
But he did not respond, only stared at me. My panic level was rising. I could feel sweat form on my brow, and I knew this was no quarrel that he was in.
It was a murder! My point was proven when he reached into his boot and pulled out a dagger, freshly coated in blood. I didn't know whose it was, but I knew that I didn't want my blood to touch the dagger. 
How did a simple meeting up with an old friend end like this? We're were always together, that is, until I went to therapy after losing my wife. We lost touch, but I finally made contact with him. Tonight, that's when we were supposed to get together, perhaps reminisce. But he had different plans.
I stood stiff with fear as he grinned a mad grin, and plunged the dagger into my gut. How could he do this?? By killing me, he has damned himself to hell. I screamed in pain, which he mirrored back, as if taunting me. I was going to die, however, so screaming would get me no where. 
Tears streamed down my face like a waterfall. I prayed to God that this would end, that he would take me into his arms. But I knew that would never happen. I had done too much in my life, sinned too much, to ever be forgiven. 
In some irrational attempt to let him know I still was his friend, I reached out my hand to take his.
But my hand...had struck glass. It was cold, unyielding. And that's when I realized that he was reaching out as well, sadness etched onto his face. Were we somehow separated by a glass wall?
No that couldn't be it, for he had stabbed me, which required no barrier. 
In my last moments of consciousness, I finally realized that he, the monster who stole my life, the one who betrayed my friendship...
Was me. 

© 2015 Ellay


Author's Note

Ellay
Please let me know what you think, thanks :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The revelation and the fanatical subconsciousness was very well written.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ellay

9 Years Ago

Thank you :)
Elodie Thompson

9 Years Ago

No problem, it was splendid to read.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

279 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 8, 2015
Last Updated on July 8, 2015

Author

Ellay
Ellay

NY



About
I'm a young human interested in writing, not as a career, but as a hobby This is a little bit about me I'm now a senior in high school, after having started this account when I was a sophomore. Sc.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Ellay