Part 2

Part 2

A Story by Stephnathan

“Damn. I better go” Katie slowly got to her knees and I sat up to face her. I allowed myself to really look at her properly. To take in every part of her. She gazed back at me, noticing the intensity in my eyes.

“I’ll call you okay?” She touched my hand as she stood up, still looking at me. I couldn’t read her expression, eyebrows pulled down, was she finding it hard to leave me? Or just feeling awkward from my stare. God her face was going to haunt me later.

“Yeah, I’ll see you around” I replied. And I watched her walk away from me. Again. I’ve seen her walk away too many times. I glanced down at my hand, it was still burning from her touch. Burning without pain. I strolled through the field and found myself at my front door, I’d been day dreaming the whole way. I walked in, turning lights on as I went. My actions were almost robotic, just moving without thinking about it. Every time I blinked, the unreadable expression on her face was there. Right in front of my eyes. I opened my bedroom door, flicked the light switch on and my heart jumped into my throat. There was a figure sitting cross legged on my bed, looking up at me with a very amused smile on her face. My eyes adjusted and my unnecessary fear turned into anger and irritation.

“Alex, what the f**k are you doing here?” My voice was threatening but lethargic. I really wasn’t in the mood for her. “And why do you still have my spare key? I want it back”

“Alright alright” She said, throwing the key back at me ”What’s up with you?”

“Nothing” I replied “It’s just been a long night. Why are you here? What do you want?” She shifted on the bed. She was wearing a short summer dress, white with bright red flowers that matched her lipstick and long wavy red hair. She was beautiful in a way but after everything that had happened between us, I didn’t see her like that. Now her features were harsh and spiteful.

“Calm down babe. Can’t I ever drop by and see your lovely face?” She smiled, sickly sweet “No Alex you can’t. We’re not together anymore so you have no right to be here” I could see that my comment stung but I didn’t care “Where have you been anyway?” She asked, completely ignoring what I said “Erm I was just at a party. Look, it’s been a rough night, all I want is to go to bed”

“Maybe I could join you?” She giggled and layed back on the bed “F**k sake Alex. I thought you were over this” I shook my head. She frowned and swiftly sat back up. The rejection was stinging at her eyes ”Fine. Whatever. It’s your loss anyway. Apparently you’re too good for everyone else” Hastily she picked her bag up from the floor and stormed out, slamming the door as she went. I can’t really blame her for being so angry, we were together for a long time but she realised that it wasn’t her that I wanted. And I never had.

I sighed and fell back on to my bed. I was suddenly awoken by my phone ringing in my pocket. I hadn’t even realised I’d fallen asleep. I slapped the button on my clock to make the time light up. 10am. F**k. Memories of last night started to flood back and I felt a twang of guilt in my stomach. I answered my phone without checking the call ID.

“Hello?”

“Hey kiddo, it’s Katie” My heart stopped for a second. I love the way she calls me kiddo even though she’s two years younger than me “Oh hey Katie. What’s up?”

“Matt’s having a party tomorrow night. Josh and I are going. You gonna come too?” Her voice sounded hopeful but I tried to not let it get to me. Seeing her and Josh together is an incredibly painful thing but a party means two things. One, that I get to be with her.  And two, I can get incredibly drunk

© 2011 Stephnathan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

THAT'S IT?! YOU LEAVE OFF HERE OF ALL PLACES?!
Again, the punctuation thing in dialogue you need to watch, but overall? It's really good, it has plot and structure.
Nice.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
1 Review
Added on August 15, 2011
Last Updated on August 15, 2011

Author

Stephnathan
Stephnathan

United Kingdom



Writing
Part 4 Part 4

A Story by Stephnathan


Part 3 Part 3

A Story by Stephnathan


Part 1 Part 1

A Story by Stephnathan