Wisdom and Folly

Wisdom and Folly

A Chapter by Zanna Rose
"

Chapters 3 of Kyda's World

"

She stood there for a moment longer, smiling at me, still saying nothing. Then turning on her heal, she walked quickly to the interior of the room. I shivered a little at her smirk. Something inside told me to be wary. Once I was on the other side of the doorway, the light brightened, and I was able to see what was before me more clearly. It was a throne room, but like everything else, was extremely grandiose. My twin took her place near an elegant golden-haired woman dressed in rich glittering fabric. Her wizened eyes where unlike any I had seen before, and unable to look away I memorized ever detail in them. Her elderly age was evident by the winkles that deepened as she smiled boldly at me. "Don't be shy love, come closer so I may have a look at you!" She patted the seat next her, on the other side of my twin. Because my gaze hadn't shifted off the woman that I could only presume was the Queen Mother, I had not noticed the grizzly bear of a man to her left. It wasn't until he cleared his through and bent down to whisper something in her ear that I took notice at all to any of the others in the room. Down one side of the room was a table that sat seven women and on the opposite sat seven men. 

"Hmm, you're right as always." I heard her in a low tone, directing the comment to the bear-man. In a powerful and authoritative voice she commanded the fourteen lords and ladies to take their leave. All but one obeyed. As they shuffled past me, each bowed and spoke the same greeting. 

"Good Blessings, Lady Kyda"

Unsure, I repeated to all " Good Blessings".

Final as the last one departed, the Queen spoke again, but this time directing her command to the one man that had disobeyed, not even standing when the others did. 

"Why do you stay behind Jaysson?" Though commanding, the queen took a loving tone with the man. Finally he stood. He had to be the most handsome man I had ever seen. He was taller than anyone that I had ever met and he had hair the color of coffee. He had tawny spots all through it making it look like bird feathers. A soft, suede shirt covered his well muscled arms and chest. Feathers matching the texture of his hair covered the back of him like a cloak. 

I couldn't hear him speak, but felt like he was talking. I hadn't really taken the time to sort all my questions out but watching Jaysson brought order to my mind. I figured out that he must being using telepathy. The Queen Mother nodded, Alidia shifted uncomfortably and the bear-man walked out with Jaysson. Sad to see him go, I made my way up to the pinnacle of the room. As they passed by the bear-man whispered something indistinct. Jaysson just smiled and passed quietly by.  I rushed my "Good Blessings" and almost sprinted to the Queen Mother. 

When I heard the "swoosh" of the door, I sat on the chair between my twin and the Queen. I looked into those golden eyes and finally relaxed. 

"Well now it's just us, all together again." My twin's tinny voice was tainted with contempt in that small statement, but the Queen did not take notice. She went on as if my twin had remained silent. 

"I am sure that you have questions love, so we'll start there." 

Because of the small time Jaysson had provided for me, I had my questions in order. 

"I know we're in Kydese, but where is here exactly? And how is that I came to be here? And are you really my sister?" I nod at Alidia for the last question. She scowled. I had many more, but they could be answered in time. 

"All excellent questions! I would of asked the same as well." When the queen smiled, peace flowed from her. Even with Alidia's contempt I knew I had nothing to fear. 
"We are in the world between worlds. Kydese has a long and strange history. Once you have heard the story of how Kydese came into being, how you got here will not be such a mystery."  
" I am the Queen Mother, but you may call me Asidis, this is my grandaughter Alidia and yes, she is your twin sister."

I couldn't say anything. For so long I had felt a piece of me was missing and there she sat across from me giving me the nastiest of looks.  It took me a moment to process that the queen had just told me I too was her granddaughter. I had held my breath so long, that I was sure I had turned blue when finally Queen Asidis spoke.



© 2008 Zanna Rose


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like this part it seems fairly straightforward without leaving you questioning; again I would like to see more description of the queen and the sister as I think it would make them easier to visualize- but I do think this is the best part of this by far- good work.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 24, 2008


Author

Zanna Rose
Zanna Rose

Colorado Springs, CO



About
I'm a 26 year old. I rarely write, but when the mood strikes, sometimes it comes out really well. I have always had a creative streak, and so here I can showcase the few stories and poems I do have. A.. more..

Writing
Cassandra Cassandra

A Book by Zanna Rose


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Zanna Rose