1. A Superior Moment.

1. A Superior Moment.

A Chapter by Bizarre Brainless

It was around April, when I had finally been known in my new high school in which I utterly hated. Spring, it was always my most favorite month until the day of betrayal hit me hard. My only friend out of a small school was a girl, it seemed I made better friendships with girls then more of my own gender. This was where the betrayal stepped into my life.

            A Monday to be precise, it started out on the last week of school before Easter holidays. I walked into the school with my hands in my pocket. I was, as usual, late for my early classes. I walked up to the front office to acquire my late slip. Because I was almost always late, and the principle never forgetting to tell me, it almost seemed that as I just filled the slip that requested my name, my student bar code, the time I was late, the date, my parents phone number, and finally my reason-I can’t even remember what I wrote in. I remember the crabby old secretary throwing around her sarcasm and intentional mockery of the usual, “Oh, I see you’re late again.” Of course I’m late again, is it so hard just to give me my teacher signed late slip and get on with our day? I only nodded at her statement, smiling, then taking the slip and proceeding to my early class… English.

            I walked through the halls, still half sleeping. I’m a very exotic variety of an individual. My hair was once upon a time a dark brown, I hate the color brown, aside from the color of my skin, my hair was a dark indigo; you couldn’t really see it, but it was there, it didn’t look too offensive yet it did look appealing… at least at my old home it was.

            When I had made it to my locker, my little bit of appreciated space, I saw him, a boy of born beauty. He ran past me to the locker three or four locks down from mine, trying to get to his early class as well. It would have been queer to see both of us in the same hallway for if it wasn’t bare with out students except the boy next to me and myself because my expression was almost completely calm, dreary eyes, messy hair… His expression on the other hand was complete hasten to get to his math class, weird how I knew what class he was going too.

            As I stuffed my books into my locker, I worked the nerve to say something to him. “Hey Joe” or Joseph, he preferred to be called Joe though. “What class do you have?” As if I didn’t already know, however, I didn’t want to sound too much of a stalker. He raised an eyebrow and he lost all concentration and dropped all his books. I hit my forehead, knowing I caused him to drop all his belongings. I jumped at the sound of the hard cover books hitting the side of the locker to the dirty floor as all the pages fell out in which the books contained. I went and helped him pick them up.

            “Ah, Math I-I think. Woke up late.” He stuttered surprisingly casually. I nodded, after finally being able to determine what paper went with which book. I continued the calm look, giving a weary smile.

            “That’s right.” I stood up stretching my arms. “I have English…” I was about to say some more uninteresting facts about where I was about to go if he hadn’t rudely interrupted. “How is it, you have awesome school marks… but you attendance always seems to fail? How do you..” he shook his head, he looked a bit frustrated at seeing how much he tries to do well in the school education and how I just fly by with even a bad attendance.

            I pointed down the hall as the other hand was in my pocket, the intension was to make him walk instead of us both delaying until we only had a few minutes left till the next class. He budged, as he continued to have that curious expression. “Well,” I thought for a minute, looking for a good answer, “well, I just meet with my teachers and get whatever I missed as if I were never late at all.” He shook his head in disbelief.

            “I guess maybe I’m just an unintelligent being, eh?” His cute sarcasm got me, I couldn’t help making a bright smile. “Well... I-I” I hesitated, I completely winged it, “I could maybe…” “Spit it out Jason.” Interrupted with my real name… I hated that name.

            “I could tutor you if you wanted.”  I grinded my teeth at what I had said, thinking how horrid the response would be. “Tutor?” he said as we met at his math class door. “Tutor… Hey, I’ll consider it. I’ll get back to you on that one.” I bit my lip, trying to not think too much into anything really. How happy I was that day, First, I made a friend that didn’t think of me as ‘loner kid’ in the back. And second, I made a friend who I most utterly crushed on from when the first time I set eyes on him. Or-or was this good? I could make a total a*s of myself. Was it better at first admiring from afar then maybe getting hurt? What had I done?



© 2009 Bizarre Brainless


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on February 8, 2009


Author

Bizarre Brainless
Bizarre Brainless

Calgary, Canada



About
I like to write, really good in English since grade 1 Language Arts to grade 9 English. Writing is almost my anti-drug. My imagination is very very big. My name is confidential. I'm 15 years old, MALE.. more..

Writing
Title Title

A Chapter by Bizarre Brainless