Bird off a branch - Prologue

Bird off a branch - Prologue

A Chapter by SparkleDora

"Maaaan, fingers are amazing!", a young man yelled, staring at his hands. He took another sip if vodka and yelled some more.
"I think you should go home, Shane. You're drunk.", the bartender calmly said, staring at the boy. "You're 18, you're barely allowed to drink anyway."
The brunette smiled and clapped cheerfully."I'm perfectly sober, man! Give me another one of those things." He twirled his only blonde highlight and stared at the baretender. Considering he had medium-short hair, it looked extra weird.
"Those things?"
"Yeah, you know. Those things. That only you can give me. The... The watery things!"
"The drinks?"
"I don't want drinks, I want more vodka!" Shane said, nervously playing with his fingers. "It's a lot easier with fingers, you know?"
"What is?", the bartender tried to sound interested. He took a bottle of vodka and poured it in a cup.
"Everything! I just... Wow! I don't know why I didn't help myself get hands earlier! And fingers, barman! Fiiiingeeers!" His cup was emptied in less than five seconds, and he looked as 'sober' as ever. "By the wayyyy... Are there... Here. Are there trees close to this place?"
"Why?"
"I want to live as close to here as possible~ I need trees for nests and those things for birds."
"You a bird-lover?"
"You could say that~" He got up, trying not to fall. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have some chicks waiting for me~ Haha!" As he said that, he got lost in a mass of people, mostly girls in miniskirts and booty shorts that were twerking and guys without shirts that were making sure they're close enough to the action. One drink... Two... Three... And soon everybody was pretty.
They say the bird represents freedom. And yet... Shane could do much more as a human. He could talk. He could think. He could do so much more to help. But he was too busy going to parties, bars, drinking, meeting 'chicks'...
One drink... Two... Three... And Shane was on the street, emptying his stomach's contents next to a lantern.
Freedom was a waste with Shane.


© 2013 SparkleDora


Author's Note

SparkleDora
ignore grammar problems, Englis isn't my first language.
Also, he lives in a country where the legal drinking age is 18.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on January 9, 2013
Last Updated on January 9, 2013
Tags: druk, drinking, bar, bird, freedom, shapeshifting


Author

SparkleDora
SparkleDora

Belgrade, Serbia



About
...Hi there. I'm SparkleDora, but you may call me Dora or Sparks. (Real name Teodora Mijatović, but let's just stick with the nicknames, ok?) I'm a 14 year old girl from Serbia that enjoys writi.. more..

Writing