Society

Society

A Story by Aidanb1998
"

My views on what the world has come to.

"
The cavemen had it all right. They lived in an era of simplicity. An era which lacked the constant inevitable struggles of the new age. Back then there was no such thing as right or wrong, good or bad; there just was. No rules were cast upon them, nothing to contain them, nothing dictating there every action, motion, or thought. No judge mental society breaking them down into worthless pieces, shattering their dreams. They focused on the wonders of life. We focus on the worries of life. Today, we concentrate on production and evolution to help sustain humanity, yet it just creates more chaos. From nuclear warfare and heated politics to cyber bullying and drug abuse, our age is broken down into the outlook of evil. Our society is driven by power; whoever maintains a sufficient piece of that power will control the masses and dictate their actions. No longer do cavemen discover fire. No longer do our ancestors live without distraction. No longer do we control the exterior of our own lives. Humanity has crashed itself into the downfall of self driven action. We look upon others for hope. We copy, follow, and praise the successful, hoping to one day be them. We never hope to be ourselves. We have killed the little self respect that we once acquired and replaced it with the imposition of others. Our thoughts ponder over whether we are acceptable in our age, whether we matter, whether we stand out. Never do we think how we want to look to others, but we think how others want to see us. We underestimate the true potential that is placed within us, and are constantly put down by others. The worst part is, when people do attempt to make the choice to be themselves, whether it be through tattoos and hair dye, or actions and opinions, they are put down, ridiculed, harassed. Society kills every bit of hope that humanity still holds onto. This world is becoming darker, thicker, and even more tainted than ever before. We are upon the downfall of freedom. I wish I was just a caveman.

© 2014 Aidanb1998


Author's Note

Aidanb1998
Please give me tips and rates on my writing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
Added on December 1, 2014
Last Updated on December 1, 2014
Tags: Society, man, actions, order, change, history, chaos, unjust, free

Author

Aidanb1998
Aidanb1998

About
I am a teenager with the love of poetry and short stories. I hope to excell in the field of writing. more..

Writing
The rain The rain

A Story by Aidanb1998