No where to go but up - Interpretation of an art piece turned story

No where to go but up - Interpretation of an art piece turned story

A Story by Sonya Elizabeth B.
"

This is an interpretation of OP Art I had done to assist my friend in her College English class. It turned out really cool. The first paragraph is kinda boring but the rest is awesome!!

"

 

OP ART 1960’s
 
 
             Op art, to me seems like an art fad that started when computers were invented. This may not be factually correct, but computers did revolutionize art, they also revolutionized criminal investigations. Shows like CSI, NCIS, and Criminal Minds demonstrate how these advances have helped criminal justice. I only bring these up, because my interpretation, isn’t interpreting the psychological reasoning’s behind the artist using certain colors and shades. My interpretation is the story my mind creates when it see’s this piece of art work, which happens to sound some what like an episode of Criminal Minds.
            In the eye of my mind, I see a man at a key board with a taunting smile. He has a woman and a tower on the screen. He strips the tower of its protective outer layer, as to see the women and everything she does. First, the room begins to change colors, white, peach, yellow, yellow green, then lime green. The woman looks around panic stricken and begins to cry. As a result of this, the sociopathic man opens a window, or at least so we think. This window mirrors’ what we think is the room, but we do not know, we can only guess this is a room with light schemes and walls of neon green, which symbolizes poison, chaos, and utter insanity- just like the walls which still only solemnly remain.
            The woman finally realized almost no hope remained unless she kept walking. She lifted from the stair which she sat and put her high heals back on.  At the time the stairs were still of normal temperature, but began to take on a strand shape like a fluorescent light bulb, the long kind that you see in public embellishments. The shape represented conformation. The now cylinder stairs began to roll and her slip-on-high-heals fell off. The stairs carried the shoes circles and circles away, until she could no longer see them. Then, as she sat, she was going to give up.
Just then the cylinder stairs began to turn red, orange, yellow, yellow green, then neon green, and with every color the stairs got hotter and hotter, until she couldn’t bare it. Which way was up? Which way was down? She did not know, lost in an abyss of neon chaos. No one knew. She ran up, because at least she was going, her feet burned with every step, turning redder, and redder and redder, until they were green also. When she finally saw the light he took it away. The sociopath took the light away- this game was boring, he was done

© 2009 Sonya Elizabeth B.


Author's Note

Sonya Elizabeth B.
Hopefull spelling and grammar are correct.
Do nab me for grammar.
Do you think this would benifit from being a diffrent type of writing?
How could I imrpove?
Please and thank you for all your comments, critiques, and time.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on February 10, 2009