Disappearing Man

Disappearing Man

A Story by Skookum
"

A slightly different experience with a man who drew me in and then vanished, without a word or explanation.

"

I went to a place full of people in spring and kissed a glass of bourbon.

Time passed and a man arrived. I stood at the gray counter, and he stood near. He was not touching me, but I could feel him. Burned in my periphery, the outline of his arm resting on the counter, his hand near my hip.

I ignored him and moved away as if he didn't exist.

Time passed and a long look arrived. It felt like his eyes were pleading with a whisper to me "please, look". I looked down at the gray counter, answering with a silent "no".

Everything was always gray.

Time passed and summer arrived. He was standing behind me.

Invisible fingers of energy ran soothingly up my back and rested on the sides of my face, turning it gently towards this man. This time, I looked.

And his eyes held mine, delicately. Fiercely.

With his arms awkwardly at his sides, he fumbled to stand tall and smooth and brave. I could feel invisible arms around me, pulling me towards him.

Fear encouraged me to turn and walk away but I could feel the pull, softly resting on my waist and begging me to return as I walked further and further away. I left him there.

He let me go, until he didn't.

Time passed and fall arrived. He saw me and he touched me and this time, I stayed. As he pulled me to him, he gifted me the most beautiful kiss, enveloping my tragic heart with his soul. My heart became so strong! The power of it busting through my old, dead pain and the shattered pieces cascaded back into place. I saw color and I felt everything!

Time passed and vanishing arrived. He dispelled like a ghost down a winter buried path. The angel who healed my heart. I may never see you again, but thank you for what you didn't know you did.

© 2015 Skookum


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Amazing piece. The narration, flows so smooth. It really draws me into your story. Very touching.
I lIke the note above, about what inspired this. He could, very well be a guardian angel. Beautifully written, as well.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 6, 2015
Last Updated on May 7, 2015

Author

Skookum
Skookum

About
Random writer. To sort out my puzzled mind, I create imaginary characters to put the pieces together. more..

Writing
The moment The moment

A Story by Skookum


Becoming Real Becoming Real

A Story by Skookum