Man Spider

Man Spider

A Story by Skookum
"

About an Ex

"

You were a serendipitous, spidery blur, spinning your lies around her so quickly that her eyes never had a chance to open.

 

Your sweet smile was venom in her veins, appearing each time her lids began to flutter awake. Gently and soothingly, closing them again. Until one cold November morning, ice settled on your transparent web. The venom froze. You froze. Her eyes opened and she looked directly at you.

 

Terrifying to be exposed, wasn't it.

 

Fire burned through her gaze, disintegrating the delicate strands of memories, feelings, and anything you. Now you're ash, drifting back into an invisible world.

 

Gone.

 

I am not an empty shell and I never will be. You did not complete me. No one does. I am a whole being, all on my own and I always will be. I am full of life and love and trust and happiness. All the things I had that you wanted, were never yours. My existence was not to sustain you.

 

What I feel for you is what I see when I look at you. Smoke and ash, dispelling through the lovely breeze.

© 2015 Skookum


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very powerful and inspiring piece. My favorite line is when she broke free "The venom froze. You froze. Her eyes opened and she looked directly at you"

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 6, 2015
Last Updated on May 6, 2015
Tags: ex-boyfriend

Author

Skookum
Skookum

About
Random writer. To sort out my puzzled mind, I create imaginary characters to put the pieces together. more..

Writing
The moment The moment

A Story by Skookum


Becoming Real Becoming Real

A Story by Skookum