Burst of life

Burst of life

A Chapter by Marianne
"

A meteor comes crashing down to earth, how will it be stopped?

"
It all began about 400.000 km away from our familiar earth. The moon, still orbiting the lively planet, seemed as normal as ever. This wasn't the case for earth though. It was the year 3110, and the citizens of earth were freaking out. That same morning the news broadcast had reported a meteor coming straight towards the planet. The damage could be drastic for it's inhabitants. But from outer space, those problems all seemed so small. The eartlings were panicking, waiting for the meteor, hugging their loved ones, or even trying to make a shelter or bunker. Of course this wouldn't help one bit, but doing nothing just didn't sit right with some citizens. Space itself was very quiet, in contrast to the panic of the earthlings. The meteor was said to land at any moment, probably near the atlantic ocean. However, the meteor was surely big enough to do fatal damage to the entirety of the planet. The magic on the planet was also quite out of control, as if everyone was losing their minds. And surely enough, the meteor approached the planet. The pace seemed slow if you looked at it from earth itself. But from outer space, you could see it was heading there rather quickly. The moon continued orbiting the earth as always, there were no inhabitants there that needed any sort of protection. It had always been that way, the far away planet providing the earth with day and night. The meteor increased it's speed, drawn to the gravity of the earth. Right before it could collide though, the citizens of earth could notice a change in the universe's plans. Because right when the meteor was about to hit, the moon rotated to be in front of earth, taking the hit instead. Many on earth had to take shelter from the huge exlosion happening up in the sky, just in case. The moon, being of stronger material than the earth, mainly survived the blast, though not without some moon dust falling onto the grounds of the earth. Magic began spreading all around the planet, affecting plants, animals, creatures, objects, and even the people themselves. When the citizens left their shelters, they could see the world around them had altered. Out in space though, no changes could be seen. Apart from the moondust falling onto the earth, a chunk of moondust was removed from the moon, but it didn't fall. It floated around in the endless void we call space, it didn't seem to drop. The habitants of earth didn't notice any of this, they were simply relieved to have made it out alive. The chunk of moondust would slowly start to grow bigger though, the moon's gravity molding it into a human sized shape. The moondust lingered around the moon itself, not floating away from it once. As the people on earth got their lives back together, the dust took multiple years to form a new entity, one unknown to mankind. At first, ears started to form on each side of the form. After that, the legs began appearing. The face, arms and torso followed, before finishing it off with long white hair. The area suddenly felt more lively, as if the universe wasn't as empty anymore. The entity wasn't fully solid, part of it seemed to be almost like a ghost. The pale white skin matched the long hair, which was completely gaseous, looking almost like a breeze. The silver colored eyes were closed, the entity wasn't fully sentient yet. But when would it wake up, and what would be the consequence of a moon-made spirit roaming around space?


© 2024 Marianne


Author's Note

Marianne
I'm open to feedback. This chapter is written in the narator's point of view.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
Added on July 18, 2024
Last Updated on July 18, 2024
Tags: Fantasy, space, alternate universe


Author

Marianne
Marianne

Netherlands



Writing
Moonchild Moonchild

A Book by Marianne