chapter 1 part 2

chapter 1 part 2

A Chapter by Simone Davis
"

Its the first morning in Cheryl's home and Christian is awaken by an unwanted visitor. 'In this piece I'm trying to show some chemistry between Cheryl and Christian'

"

Early morning Christian awoke to the first golden rays, that shone through the curtains, still sore from his injuries he slowly lifted his head above the pillow and reached for his phone 7.30am, too early he thought as his dropped his phone and pushed his face further into the pillow. It was his first night in a comfortable bed, where he was able to stretch out and really relax. A few minutes later there was a knock on the door, and without waiting for an answer Cheryl opened the door. Christian in shock quickly pulled the duvet over him covering his private area.  “er... er...Sorry’ Cheryl red faced, hands trembling, trying to not drop the cup of tea she had made Christian. His first thought was one of annoyance, but as he saw the look on her face, he completely softened and was able to see the funny side. ‘Next time...knock and wait for a reply before entering’ jibing her playfully. ‘Of course.....I’ve made you some breakfast, I wanted your first morning here to be a good one, and well you can’t just stay holed up in here, wallowing,”  her voice trapsing off as she realizes it is just shy of 7.30am in the morning and he may not even of had any sort of intentions.  

Cheryl had made a proper cooked breakfast, the plate piled high with all the trimmings, eggs, bacon, hash browns, black pudding everything you could think of to make a decent breakfast. You could also think Cheryl was trying too hard, was she trying to impress him? 

‘What are your plans for today’ Cheryl's softly spoken voice echoed around the kitchen as they sat down for breakfast ‘Other than wallowing you mean’ a smirk crossed his face. Cheryl still flushed from their previous encounter didn’t utter a word. ‘It's fine, I'm just joking, I think I’d better start looking for a job, how else will I pay my way around here’  ‘Oh please don’t worry about that just now, your still recovering and well I’m ok for the moment, my brother is still paying his share of the bills and well until you're up on your feet.....’ before she managed to finish her sentence ‘Still I’d rather pay my own way. I will not take charity’ Christian exclaimed sternly with a hint of frustration in his voice. 

 



© 2024 Simone Davis


Author's Note

Simone Davis
I'm trying to show the readers the start if Chemistry building up between them

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A nice opening for showing the relationship between them, the narrator's Pov is nice, would love to see more story from 3rd person perspective. the last paragraph would be better to make a distinction between the dialogs of Christian and Cheryl. Overall sweet buildup would love to see how their relationship develops moving forward

Posted 1 Month Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 7, 2024
Last Updated on September 7, 2024
Tags: #thriller #love#horror


Author

Simone Davis
Simone Davis

Langley Maidstone, Kent, United Kingdom



Writing
Fusion Fusion

A Poem by Simone Davis


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Simone Davis