Our journeys

Our journeys

A Story by SilentTree
"

Our sufferings

"
Everyone will have to suffer to live life to the fullest; it gives you perspective and helps your personality and maturity to grow. Some lose someone they love, some do not have parents, others struggle with mental health, and some struggle with physical health. While it may not differ in our experiences, some people suffer more. We can't change the fact that it is unfair; some struggles are better seen from a new perspective, and some are horrible. Those who live in poverty struggle the most. I am not trying to compare someone's struggles, but there is a certain level of struggles that goes beyond. In my land, suffering is a daily must; you don't know when your last meal is going to be served or not, you don't know when you are going to get paid, and you don't know if you are being treated unfairly because there is no one who is being treated fairly. In Eritrea, there is a different kind of struggle ; it is a cage where everyone pretends to be happy. It is that kind that has accepted defeat and is trying to make the best of it. We are so different from each other and yet so alike. We go through the same struggles of affording to live there, yet our stories and how we make our way with it are so different.
After the mediocre life where you start school and have to study like crazy to even pass, you maybe get a job, and life goes on. Some say early that they don’t want to live a life like that and escape to a place where they can reach their potential. That is a struggle: to beat the allegations that all immigrants are criminals, to learn and adapt to a whole new culture, and to be mocked when you don’t understand something, to beat the claims that you are lazy; you are struggling daily. It is harder to get a job for Black people who have immigrated from other countries, but you have no choice; your mother and father are struggling. You have to make money so you can send it to them; you are all they have. The pressure is insane, and many crack. They get their life together, and this goes on before one of the family dies, and they can’t see them again. They establish a family, and now it is the child that has been born to carry the responsibilities and hopes of the family. They have to be perfect so they can live a life that their parents have not lived before.
The struggle in school is hard, making friends when you are so different from the other kids. You don’t get accepted, so you start getting into bad crowds, and that proves the allegations right: immigrants are criminals. You are defeated and can’t get up; now you didn’t only disappoint your parents but every family member in Eritrea who had been rooting for you.
You suffer, and you get your life together; maybe you are not perfect, but who is?

© 2024 SilentTree


Author's Note

SilentTree
Thank you for reading and i would appreciate it more if you could review it :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
Added on September 16, 2024
Last Updated on September 16, 2024
Tags: #Silence, #suffer, #People

Author

SilentTree
SilentTree

Dekenmare, Eritrea



About
I have a secret: all my stories are real. more..

Writing
Freedom Freedom

A Story by SilentTree





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5