Behind the scene

Behind the scene

A Story by SilentTree
"

why, how and who

"

There are many people living on Earth so many that not everyone knows about one another. There are places we will never see, there are people we won’t listen to or speak to and to this day the communication between us here and the outer has been silent. For many years Africa has been a place not many people know of, they think we live in the jungle and don’t have human capacity, and a lot of times they are right. There are laws we have that are nonsense but the only reason we implemented them was to protect ourselves from the outer world. There are many wars and disagreements in Africa, and no one van keep a tab on every news, but our war has been going one for 30 years. The war between us and the government.

 

There is unlimited power on the internet is terrifying and yet not many people know what we have gone through to come to a place where we can be safe. Where there are possibilities and freedom. There is a saying “Power makes you hungry”. 24. May 1993, we choose a president that would ruin us forever, he saved us so that we could become independent. While we were happy for a few years it all went down when he got hungry for more. He knew that his stay was temporary that his power was limited and that is how he implemented rules and laws that would hold us within his restriction. He would force us to never leave his country and make us his slaves bay controlling what we see, what we say and what we hear. He hired spies that was living amongst us and if we said anything bad about him or this land we would be sent to prison. There were many people in the congress and many people that was with him when he makes a choice but after everyone began disagreeing with him, he did what he had to do to and sent them to prison.

 

There is only one person ruling this land, this country where there are so many people. There living in constant fear of maybe doing something and landing in jail. There are many who have tried to fight this war and every single one of them have either had their families threatened or killed. The only way to survive in this land is to flee. Either you struggle all your life to make enough money to feed your family or you risk your life and flee to another land where you adapt and make money so that your family are safe. You always make choices that are life and death. You can’t trust all your friends and you can’t form an organization who is against because it will end up you in jail. Where there is a chance that you will never get out. You will never present your case to jure because it was all decided that you are going to jail.

This land where there is no freedom, this land who has had a war going on for 30 years between the people and the people who are in control. This land who is invisible and has not spoken out, the land whose potential is unlimited, Eritrea.

© 2024 SilentTree


Author's Note

SilentTree
What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well said.

I agree that power makes you hungry, but it's the immunity that corrupts. Without enforced laws that make no distinction as to WHO you are, and the ability to vote the corrupted and the inept out of office it's a guaranteed spiral into dictatorship.

At the moment the US is teetering on the brink of such a situation.

John Campbell put it well when he said that the average person's view of what matters is: Me, my mate, my bandy-legged little Hessians, my tribe, and the rest of the world, in that order."

And Robert Heinlein was dead on target with: “Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck.”


Posted 3 Weeks Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
1 Review
Added on August 25, 2024
Last Updated on August 25, 2024
Tags: #democratsy, #Rights, #Feedom

Author

SilentTree
SilentTree

Dekenmare, Eritrea



About
I have a secret: all my stories are real. more..

Writing
Freedom Freedom

A Story by SilentTree