Words

Words

A Story by Silencer
"

Part of the Training Program.

"
 

Words

 

 

* Good.

 

After studying the Bible, which is called The Word, I've learned that much importance is placed, on using words, as correctly as possible.  The Bible has things to say about some specific words.  For example, we use the word "good" rather loosely.  In the Bible, it says, "Only God is good."  Since, that is true, how should that fact affect how you use that word?

 

[This is exactly what I'm talking about, with all words.  As you perfect your speech, in line with The Word, it will produce better results throughout your life, and through the lives of others.  Words are "seeds," and planting better seeds, produces a better crop.  The power of life and death is in the tongue.  Dwell according to knowledge.  And you're on your way.]

 

Think of it this way.  You know, to speak more correctly, that only God is good.  So, what is the harm in saying, "That was a good movie?"  I'll tell you.  You are subtly, fighting against God.  Look at the end, of that way.

 

[Perfecting your speech, according to the standards of The Word, will empower you more than you'd imagine.  Since the Bible says "Confusion is of the devil," then its opposite, (clarity,) must be from God.

 

Accuracy with words is important.  Imprecision and exaggerations can distort perspectives.  And not seeing things clearly, makes it either more difficult, or sometimes impossible, to deal with them effectively.  Which, produces bad results.  Choosing to speak more accurately, is a big way, to be more helpful to everyone else.]

 

 

* Want.

 

Another word to consider adjusting your usage of, is "want."  The Word says "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want."  Notice that it's totally fine, to "not want."  Instead of "want," use any other word that's more accurate, such as "like," "prefer," "desire" or "need."  And, don't miss the main point of that scripture.  We are to pray for, and work toward, our goals.

 

Sometimes we feel lazy and don't want (not wanting is fine) to use a different word.  Just add "-ish" or "so-to-speak".  “That's good-ish.”  “I want that, so-to-speak.”  You may butcher English, but you'll comply with God.

 

[Just as Jesus is our example of how to conduct ourselves, He is also our model of how to speak.  I would describe His manner of speaking as plain, on point, and mercifully, all at once.  We should all strive to do the same.

 

The importance of Words cannot be overstated.  The Bible is made out of them, and God equates Himself with the Bible.  Striving for precision with them is a life-long pursuit.  Pursuing that, produces substantial tangible benefits over your lifetime, and those of others also.  Don't talk stupidly, speak intelligently.  And most clearly, is the most intelligent.  Modifying your speech into a way that comports with the Bible, empowers it greatly.  Here are some more examples of how to improve it:]

 

 

* God's Plans.

 

In the Old Testament there is a story about two men who had barns, that were storing grain in them.  They filled up their barns, and had excess grain, and then discussed between themselves what to do about it.  After passing on ideas such as helping others with it, they decided to build bigger barns.  Then at that time, God spoke to them, telling them that they were going to die that night.  The impression given to me, is that the reason, was because of the choices they made.

 

When I had this realization, I began a new habit.  Whenever making or stating any plans, of any kind, even insignificant, after doing so, in my head, I add the words:  "...God willing, as always."

 

Add "...God willing, as always." in your head, to each of these statements:

 

I'm going to start a business.

I'm going to go to college.

I'm going to grab a pop.

I'm going to take a breath.

 

This way of thinking, is correct, and will produce positive results.  And not thinking this way, will lead to problems.

 

Try it out on this:

 

I'm going to kill them.

 

Doesn't quite feel right does it?  (Unless you're in the service,) it should convict you.  Making you pause.

 

To any plans you make, always add "...God willing, as always."  And mean it.

 

 

* Deserve.

 

Deserve, is a word to avoid using.  People often use the word.  What I'm about to say may offend or scare you, but don't be.  This will make sense shortly.

 

Every single person, except God, deserves, one thing.  Eternal separation from God.  Also called "Hell".

 

You.  Me.  And every person who has ever sinned, (sin, is less than perfect,) which is all of us, deserves:  Hell.

 

We all deserve Hell.

 

That, is the correct use of the word deserve.

 

Rate, is a handy word here.  People who believe in God, rate Heaven.

 

When you hear someone say something such as "Don't I deserve ______?", you'll know the answer.  And also, what God is thinking of their comment, that you're hearing.

 

Similar to good, use this word very rarely, gently and carefully.

 

 

* I don't care.

 

Never say that.  God cares about everything.  Whatever is the most insignificant thing you can think of, God cares about it.  Therefore, whenever you say "I don't care," you are actually fighting against God.  Which can't be smart, or helpful.

 

[God equates Himself with His Word.  The importance, and helpfulness, of using words well in life, cannot be overstated.  From now on, always strive to do so.  Use your words as perfectly as you can.  Occasionally from hindsight, you'll see that you've gained huge rewards for doing so.

 

When God said that the power of life and death is in the tongue, He was telling us to use our speech, to create life, (and to also avoid causing death.)  Create, by using your words.

 

From now on, for the rest of your life, always strive to use words as perfectly as you can.  (Also, don't forget to sometimes, employ silence.)]

 

 

* Conclusion.

 

Hindsight is 20/20.  The greatest thing I ever did in my life, was say a few words.

 

"I'm pretty pro-life."

 

The results speak for herself.  And smile.

 


Success.

 

-

 

John 3:16 is probably the one scripture that God would like for us to share the most, out of all of them.

 

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

 

Consider how much doing so, advances the well-being of everyone.

 

 
/
 
 
Words, Re-Stated:
 
 
Matthew 4:17:  From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”
 
To repent means to empty yourself of all sin.
 
Sin is anything less than perfect.
 
Perfect is defined by James 3:2.
 
James 3:2:  For we all stumble in many things. If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body.
 
 
Some tips for how to speak, and listen, for empowerment:
 
Words
 
* Good. - "Only GOD is good."
 
* Want. - "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want."
 
* God's Plans. - Come first.
 
* Deserve. - Hell.
 
* I don't care. - GOD does.
 
* Proud. - "Pride goeth before destruction."
 
* Blanket Statements. - Do not make them incorrectly.
 
 
When a person calls something "good" that isn't GOD or HIS WORD which HE equates HIMSELF with, they are speaking in error.  And out-of-whack.
 
When a person says they "want" something, they are actually creating that miserable condition for themselves.  Don't.
 
When a person puts their own plans ahead of GOD's, they make themselves GOD.  You might say, that's a lot of pressure.
 
Sinners deserve separation from GOD which is Hell.  Those who use this word incorrectly may someday find themselves there.
 
GOD cares.  And when others don't they are in disagreement with GOD.  How smart is that?
 
Do not have pride, or be proud of yourself.  You may be proud of others, and 'pleased' with yourself, instead.
 
Whenever using words such as everyone, everything, everywhere, always, all the time, and so forth, do not use them incorrectly.
 
 
 
These things matter.  Words are very important.  The Bible is made out of them.
 
 
More Tips:
 
- Do not "swear" anything.  (If you must participate in a swearing-in, you should preface it with:  "As GOD wills...")
 
 
/
 
 

© 2024 Silencer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on August 4, 2024
Last Updated on August 8, 2024
Tags: events in history, religion christian, spiritual development, torment

Author

Silencer
Silencer

Dayton, OH



About
It's pretty-well covered in my story! more..

Writing