That Heat,

That Heat,

A Chapter by Jasmine S. Edwards
"

a home is not the only thing lost in a house fire

"

Tensions are getting high in the streets. Random bombings and fires are appearing across the city and no one knows the culprit.

  Apollo dares someone to blow up his apartment. Lamar thinks that would be a good lure, but suggests they find an empty apartment in the areas the bombings have been occurring to spy from. Apollo and Carmyne do just that while the other scoured the streets. Lorelei asks around but comes up with nothing. Everyone just thinks it another gang.

   Kenjin and Lamar are walking one night and witness a bombing. The culprits have body bags but they see movement. They chase down the criminals only to find that they stole animals. They head back to the crime scene after bringing them to the station. No one was hurt thankfully and the woman and her child were given shelter for the night. Kenjin and Lamar return saying people are stealing people’s pets. But why blow up people’s homes to do that? Something isn’t right. For now they rest.



Sequence: "That Heat"-Sergio Mendes

  Carmyne remembers the day Seymour’s men captured her. She was heading to a club to meet a client. As she walked down the street she passes by her apartment complex. She hears an explosion to see her apartment was bombed. She couldn’t tell if the whole floor or just her apartment was on fire.  Believing her children were in the apartment at the time she grieved, but Seymour says that they were at a neighbor’s house and are now in his possession. He has the picture of Carmyne and her children. He asks her who their fathers are not expecting her to know and seeing that they don’t look alike. She tells him that her son is 9 and his name is Zane Antaeus Eden-Kearn and her daughter is 4 and her name is Kalani Azra Eden-Oron.  Seymour response by saying that he should keep Zane so he can take over the syndicate one day and that Kalani will never know her worthless father. Carmyne tells him that will never happen and that Zane thinks Apollo is his father. Seymour crumples up the picture and throws it at her and knocks her out by hitting her in the gut with the handle of his katana.

  Carmyne wonders if that incident has any connection to what is currently happening.  In the morning, they hear from the captain that the woman and child are missing. Relatives in the area said that they weren’t with them. Lorelei was gathering information on the bombings. These traffickers would bomb apartments to displace families and capture woman and children to be sold for slave labor. The children are sent to various countries as laborers in factories and farms while the women are used to produce more children they could use. They are the same people responsible for the stolen prosthetics ring, the prostitutes spike in funds, and the manufacturing of Crystal. Some woman and children are even used to blow up the apartment by having bombs strapped to them; claimed to be useless. This case is far from over.




© 2014 Jasmine S. Edwards


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
Added on March 25, 2014
Last Updated on March 25, 2014


Author

Jasmine S. Edwards
Jasmine S. Edwards

Rochester, NY



About
College student who loves to write in my free time :) Always looking for inspiration and a good story to read. I write what comes to my mind or my takes on stories unfinished. My smart phone, a pen a.. more..

Writing