Park Bench People,

Park Bench People,

A Chapter by Jasmine S. Edwards
"

find a tree to shelter yourself from stormy weather

"

There is a young girl who sits on a park bench every day. People walk by paying her no attention. She is homeless and that park bench is her shelter from the rain. Despite having no money, shelter or food, she has a laptop that a stranger had given her years ago. With it she sets up fake websites for online shopping and contests. Through this, she is able to hack into people’s computers to steal their identities, find out where they live and gain their possessions. Many people became familiar with these scams and she tries a different approach. She improves her computer skills.



  Now, she is able to hack into operation systems of planes, trains and ships. Easier to access trains and planes, she sends them on courses that lead them to random places where she waits for them and steals their goods. Using the goods she obtains she sells them online for big bucks.

  Apollo sets up an online profile on one of the fake sites and uses it to track this hacker. Infecting his own computer, Apollo is able to plant a Trojan in the hacker’s computer and tracks the hacker’s movements as he waits for his items to arrive. They see that this person is in the city and on the move constantly but is always at the park at night. Apollo disguises himself as a homeless person and wanders around the park looking for the hacker. He moves from the playground, to the fountain, to the pond and to every bench. He comes across a girl sitting on the bench under a weeping willow tree with a laptop. She wears baggy clothes and hood is pulled over her face. He approaches her and accuses her of being the “Bad B***h Hacker”.



  She leads him on a chase around the park only to be cornered by Kenjin, Carmyne and Apollo eventually. The hacker is a girl named Lorelei Adina Battista. Apollo recognizes the girl but last time he saw her she was much younger. They want to take her in but Apollo insists that he talks to her first, in private. He tries to get more information out of her knowing she isn’t working alone. She admits and says that the “Park Bench People” have grown in numbers and are in every city, every town and every country. No one knows each other’s identity but they help each other financially. Most of the followers are those that have a loved one in jail they want to bail out, have substantial debt or need money for medical reason. Lorelei however is none of those people; she just likes making the wealth’s lives miserable.



Sequence: "Park Bench People"- Jose James, Soil & "Pimp" Sessions

Old man is looking at the sky while sitting on a park bench. A woman walks by and talks on her cellphone. Another man at a park bench is slouched over with a newspaper on his face. A kid stops beside the bench to tie her shoe while her brother taps his foot with impatience. An old woman sits on a bench and watches a couple argue in public- she shakes her head in  disappointment. A boy rests his bike against a bench while he puts the chains back in the gears. At night, a man sets up a tent for him and his son to sleep in. Another boy sleeps on the bench bundled up in a coat that's worn out with holes and a broken zipper. A Dalmatian pees on a bench to mark its territory. A woman passes out on a bench but a tree shelters her from the rain. A man and woman rest with their baby while a boy hides from his mother. A girl looks for her earring and runs into another girl looking for food. A man greets his friends in their special way. A woman does a crossword puzzle with a pocket knife close-by. A group of school kids jump over a bench to evade the police. Kenjin smokes a cigarette with Captain as they talk. Lorelei rests and looks at the clouds on a rainy night not caring that she is getting soaked. Edward sit on a bench with a luggage bag wondering where she should go. Seymour sits in a contemplating stance, Carmyne watches Zane and Kalani play I the fountain, Apollo watches from behind a tree. A boy and girl begs for money and Apollo gives them $30. He sits on a bench where Lorelei uses an out-of-date laptop.




© 2014 Jasmine S. Edwards


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1119 Views
Added on March 24, 2014
Last Updated on March 25, 2014


Author

Jasmine S. Edwards
Jasmine S. Edwards

Rochester, NY



About
College student who loves to write in my free time :) Always looking for inspiration and a good story to read. I write what comes to my mind or my takes on stories unfinished. My smart phone, a pen a.. more..

Writing