Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Sheri Haynes
"

Shealy McPhillips is sharing a romantic moment with Wade Roker a man she barely knows but is falling in love with. In the back of her mind she thinks that this man is to good to be true, could she be right?

"

 

      Chapter 1
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
    Standing on the boardwalk watching the sun turn from a brilliant orange to a fire red Shealy McPhillips didn’t think she could be this happy ever again. After her divorce this past year, her daughter being more distant everyday, and her eldest son turning to drugs as his way of dealing with the divorce she had her share of trouble until she met this perfect man that stood beside her with his arms wrapped around her watching the sunset over the Atlantic Ocean, she just couldn’t envision life without him.
   
    Wade Roker wondered into Somerset and into her life. He had come to this small town looking for a fresh start he had told her and he had hired her as his real estate agent to find him a home, money being no object. After several dates and a few romantic nights together she knew that he was about to pop the question anytime now, but she wasn’t sure if she was ready to take the plunge again after one failed marriage that ended in divorce, sure her and the ex-husband Marshall remained on friendly terms but that was only because they had children together. Besides she didn’t know anything about this stranger, but it seemed right in all the right ways.
 

There was something different about this stranger, he seemed to understand her, listened to her, and anticipate her every need, and he was perfect, too perfect.  



© 2009 Sheri Haynes


Author's Note

Sheri Haynes
What do you think? is it good or does it stink? If anyone has any tips or comments to help me improve my writing. I really want to learn from everyone!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You should make a "catch" about marrying him. A secret hes hidng from her. Like a child or an embarassing secret.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

With this book, I just sat down one evening and began to pound out the words, they flowed from me like a water fall and I couldn't type fast enough to keep up with my brain( I love when that happens). This chapter shows my main character who is a newly divorced real estate agent, who meets this handsome man, whom she thinks is perfect, course we all know that there is no such thing. As the story progress she will find out about this stranger she has fallen in love with, Can Ethan Flye a detective from the lancing police department find Wade in time before he claims another life and moves on? Only time will tell read on!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 11, 2009


Author

Sheri Haynes
Sheri Haynes

Omaha, NE



About
I am 45 years old, and have been writing for a few years. I am highly critical of my writing and need others input to improve my writing . I am currently working on two novels Ghost and Black Widower.. more..

Writing