Stained Glass Masterpiece

Stained Glass Masterpiece

A Poem by Shelley

She is a broken girl, shattered by others, trembling to pick up pieces used to cut her deeper by the hands of those she loved. She is a girl left to put pieces back together while they are hidden out of spite. She is missing parts of herself, pieces stolen by those who betrayed her innocence, confused she falls to her knees in surrender, surrender from all the hopeless efforts failing despite best effort.

              My child, you are a stained glass masterpiece. Darkness swirls all around you but you captivate the light. You may not be able to put the pieces back just the way you were but I have new, wonderfully made pieces for you lying undiscovered. My child, you are my stained glass masterpiece.

              My daughter, I have poured time and care to diligently breathe life into you. Before anyone knew what was to be created, you were in my mind, in my heart. The intricate design, although seemingly fragile is strong and secure. I have crafted you with a resilience to withstand the strongest of storms while still allowing my light to be seen in your own unique story of pieces placed together.

              My little girl, you may feel broken but I am refining you. The strength to hold such pieces in place takes time. The furnace has been burning for so long you feel yourself beginning to wilt. My little one, you are becoming malleable in my hands. I am with you to mend you into a stronger self you may have never imagined. Yes, the furnace seems unmanageable but know, my little girl, this is not your forever frame.

              My bride, I am crafting your pieces together. You are not alone. With me, all pieces shall be found in restoration of your beautiful soul. I am yours as you are mine. You colors seem dark and undistinguishable in the night but know my joy comes in the morning to reveal the brilliance of my work. I have hand crafted you. I stand in awe of my work and cherish the ever changing colors as my light magnifies your intricacy. I am proud of you, bride. You are one of a kind that no man could ever replicate.

              Beloved, you are my stained glass masterpiece. You will be in my home for all eternity. I have a place I’ve prepared just for you and although you feel broken in this moment, by the end of this shadowed world, I will have restored you in all your majesty. Beloved, you are my stained glass masterpiece.

© 2018 Shelley


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

318 Views
Added on February 16, 2018
Last Updated on February 16, 2018
Tags: god, comfort

Author

Shelley
Shelley

Northport, AL



Writing
Safe Haven Safe Haven

A Story by Shelley


Paper Doll Paper Doll

A Poem by Shelley