My first day of summer

My first day of summer

A Poem by ShawzaibAkr
"

"It had been so long since I had seen the light...While I was in the darkness all I could wish was to come outside in the light...But now that it's been so long...all I want to do is go back..."

"
In it's darkness I awoke...seeking something that I always had but thought I lost...Was it the long good bye? Was it the light scorching pains and cries?...Had I ever rised I would never have felt the pain...But was that pain enlightment...All I could feel was pain...It kept me alive...I fed on it...But now I look for something more big...Do I look for that which is smaller then a feather but powerful enough to keep an army fighting across the world?...Do I look for an idea?...Something which gives meaning perhaps?...Maybe it's there just laughing...Or is it across the clouds dreaming ever so gently...Whatever it is it means so little now...For now I am free...For now it's my destiny...

© 2011 ShawzaibAkr


Author's Note

ShawzaibAkr
I awoke on the first day of summer when grade 8 was over and all of this came to my head in the matter of a minute or 2.I just thought that I should show it to the world.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
M.D
like the reflections!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
1 Review
Added on July 15, 2011
Last Updated on July 15, 2011

Author

ShawzaibAkr
ShawzaibAkr

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
I'm a young teen that writes depending on his mood... more..

Writing