Stolckholm Syndrome

Stolckholm Syndrome

A Story by Terrance Walpole
"

Just for fun

"

I hate these wretched things.  Another Friday evening wasted socializing with her friends, co-workers, and the random acquaintence du jour.  The massive effort I must put forth to appear passively interested in the conversation directed at me and fluttering around me, is daunting.  It takes nearly all of the energy that I can muster to ward off the natural expression that animates my face when displeased by a social interaction.  I liken it to the face that a person would make, having discovered the faint aroma of feces.  Not to mention, these jeans that she insisted I wear, are far too tight....and the shirt?  Don't get me started.  I am six months out of reasonable aerobic condition and this v-neck t-shirt looks as if I placed two generously portioned raw chicken cutlets within it; where a man's pectorals should be.  


Dear God!  I am becoming them!  


Hordes of mindless babble, washed down with foo foo $15 cocktails, and carried out to the rhythm of mediocre house music.   


"Did you hear about so-and-so?"


"Did you see what she was wearing?"


"So, yeah, I'm still trying to figure things out...."


"You look soooo thin, doesn't she look thin?" 

  


I'm going mad; it is just endless.  ENDLESS.  For God's sake, I am an educated man!! Years of intellectual stimulation, a degree with highest honors, and a Master's, to boot; all to bring me to this moment.  These moments.  There is absolutely no reason for me to expose myself to these ridiculous people. 


I can only imagine what they say about me; to her face and behind her back.  Why does she associate with these people?  They lack genuineness and morals.  


As does she, I suppose.  She did have that brush with infidelity a year and a half ago.  Though she was quite torn up about it, I'm not all that confident that it couldn't happen again.  


Why should she live with such burden?  Why should I, for that matter?  Why give her the chance to?  Why be the fool, again?  


Perhaps it is time to take a stand.  To be your own man!  Start off on an adventure!  Live life the way it was intended; without limits, and surely without regret. 


 I'M DONE!!

My god, what a rush.  My mind is racing!  What do I do?!  I suppose the first step would be to begin packing my things.  No, no, no, I must tell her.  I must tell her that I will not stand for this any longer.  I must tell her now! 
Where has she gone?  Ah, there.
She is conversing with her friend....I'll wait until they finish up. 
Freedom awaits.
She just made eye contact with me....move in...wait, did she just wink at me?  And.....playfully, yet subtly.....lick her lips?
Her dark eyes, cherry red lips, and exotic features are stunning.
She looks fantastic tonight.
She is finishing her second martini of the evening. 
Three is historically her maximum capacity, and it doesn't happen frequently.  
In the few occurrences during our relationship, that she has consumed three martinis in an evening, she has initiated raw, erotic, uninhibited, toe curling.......
Oh, I just got chills!
That dress is one of my favorites, and she knows it.  The fabric and cut of this particular cocktail dress accentuates every curve of........
  
"What's that, love?"
"Another martini?  Of course I'll get it for you."
"I love you, too!"
    

© 2014 Terrance Walpole


Author's Note

Terrance Walpole
Just having fun, please ignore errors

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 22, 2014
Last Updated on October 24, 2014
Tags: Stolckholm Syndrome

Author

Terrance Walpole
Terrance Walpole

About
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is. -Oscar Wilde more..

Writing