The Guy I Know

The Guy I Know

A Chapter by Shadowsythe

~Chapter 3~

*Ding* *Dong* *Ding* *Dong*


“The bells of the school started to chime just as i stepped into my homeroom class. I was almost late again, But luckily I made it. I entered the classroom and took my seat. Next to me, as usual, was nick. He sat there calmly like he always does, staring out the window. In front of me was Aaron, and to the side Mia as usual. I sat down and waited for the class to start when suddenly i was reminded of something. That's right! i have something that i need to return to nick.


“Hey Nick! I almost forgot to give you you're phone back.” I said reaching into my bag and pulling out his cellphone. I smiled and held it out. He looked over and then at the phone. He grabbed it and put it in his pocket.


“Thank you Anna.” He said.


‘Why did you have his phone?” Asked Mia behind me.


“Oh, he accidentally put it in my bag yesterday during our cleaning duty.” I said.


“Ah geez... its not rare for something like that to happen in this school.” Said Aaron in front of me. He’s the treasurer for the class, also a pretty cool guy in general. He’s on the baseball team and his grades are very good. “People keep mixing up who’s bags are who’s when they make us all use the same dumb bags.” He said.


“Alright Alright...” Said a voice. It was the teacher as he opened the door and walked into the classroom. “You’ll have plenty of time to discuss your problems during lunch... Right now you’ve got me to worry about.” He said smiling and taking his place behind his desk. “Now... On with the learning.”


Classes flew by. Math, english, and soon enough it was time for me to go to my creative writing class. The bell rang signalling that we switch classes and i grabbed my stuff and started heading to class. I don't usually like to pry, but i asked Nick a while ago and he told me that during this class time he has personal fitness. Lots of workouts and stuff, not my type of thing. While lost in thought i got distracted and was almost late to my next class. thankfully i made it in time.


The creative writing teacher is my favorite teacher in the whole school. Her witty and sarcastic attitude, and her dark humor made her the perfect teacher for me. Her name is Mrs.Lambra. She’s kind of young, but she really knows her stuff. Creative writing class isn't a very serious class in the sense that there aren't any tests or projects or anything. Basically you can keep a good grade if you come in, write something, and peer edit other students work. Basically the class works on participation, and at the end of the class we turn in our journals were we write our stories and the teacher looks over them and decides how much we’ve participated.


A few classes ago I started a story and i’m starting to get really into it. It’s about a master thief who steals from museums and banks during the night so he can save buildings that are about to be shut down and demolished, like old schools and churches. It’s not the best story in the world, but the teacher says its very creative, however not fully original. I have to admit, I was heavily inspired by a show I used to watch when I was younger.


Class went on and was soon close to reaching its end. After this class is lunch, and then history and after that its back home to eat barbecue chips and play more games. I was just about done with a paragraph in my story when i watched a student, who had been coughing badly during the entire class, approach the teachers desk. I don't know her very well, but that was Nina, a very weak girl who gets sick often. She approached the teachers desk and spoke to her timidly.


“Uhm...Can i please go to the nurse, i don't feel well.” She asked, somewhat ashamed.


“Of course you can, no worries...” Said Ms.Lambra. “She looked around and then her eyes fell upon me. “Anna, can you please take Nina to the nurses office?” She asked.


“Oh, no problem.” I said speaking up.


“Since class is almost over you might as well take you're things with you too.” She said.


“Sure thing.” I said picking up my stuff and closing my journal. I grabbed my stuff, and i also grabbed Nina’s stuff too. I walked up to the desk and handed our journals to the teacher and walked with Nina out of the room. The Nurses office is on the other side of the school, so its a bit of a walk.


“I’m sorry to put you through this kind of trouble Anna.” Said Nina feeling rather guilty.


“Its ok, really its no big deal.” I said smiling. “Class was almost over anyway, so its no big deal.”


“Thank you...” She said. I haven't really had a chance to get to know Nina, but she’s such a gentle girl. It must suck, having such a weak body like hers. I feel bad for her.


“So, are you okay?” I asked.


“Yes i'm fine, I just have a bad cough is all, it’s been bugging me for a while.” She said. “I just need to see if the nurse has any cough drops.” She smiled and i smiled back as we made our way down the hallways and to the second wing of the building. It took us a little bit but we managed to get to the nurses office. I knocked on the door and opened up letting Nina into the room first. Nurse Thurber turned around in her swivel chair and smiled.


“Ah, hello Nina, Anna... Can i help you two?” She asked.


“Nina needs some cough drops.” I said, and almost on cue Nina started to cough into her elbow.


“Ah yes, I’ve got some over here.” She said opening up one of the many cabinets lining the walls. Nina walked over and stood next to the nurse. “Here Nina, these should do the trick, and take a couple to go too for when you need them later.” She said giving Nina a handful of cough drops.


“Thank you...” Nina said unwrapping one of them and dropping it into her mouth.


“Mrs.Thurber... Can i use you're bathroom?” I asked pointing to the bathroom on the other end of the room.


“Sure, no problem.” She said. I made my way to the other end of the room to the closed bathroom door. I walked up and grabbed the handle and turned it. I opened the door before i heard a voice behind me. “NO WAIT!” Shouted nurse Thurber. I look back to her but it was too late and i had opened the door completely and looked in. And there, standing in front of me in the middle of the bathroom was none other than Nick. He stared at me in complete horror and i stared back the same way.


He was fully undressed, but his torso and arms were covered with bandages. His body was lean, and slick, but his bandages covered his...breasts? Under the bandages on his chest popped out. And under the waist, between his legs was... well. It wasn't something a guy should have, lets say that. nick was...A GIRL?!


“GET OUT!” he shouted throwing a shoe at me and it zoomed past my head. His face was flush red and he was both angry and embarrassed.


“AH!” I shouted and i slammed the door shut and fell back. My heart was running a million miles a minute and i couldn't think straight. What in the world did i just see. Is nick a girl?! I sat there on the floor confused and flustered. It was obvious that I probably wasn't supposed to see that. The room was flooded with an awkward silence for a while, and i took this time to let myself calm down.


“Oh no...” Said the nurse behind me. “Crap! I forgot that he’s in there.”


“What happened?” Asked Nina. I don't think she got a good view of what I saw. I must have been standing in the way, thankfully. “Anna are you okay?” She asked walking over and helping me up off the ground.


“I-I-I... I don't know.” I said stuttering with my eyes glued to that door. I couldn't seem to look away, i was completely frozen. Nina helped me back up on my feet and i slapped both of my cheeks to try and shoke off this terrible feeling. Needless to say that didn't help much, but it did help me unfreeze myself. The room was plundered into awkward silence. Then the bell rung signalling the start of lunch, and breaking the silence.


“Nina, why don't you go have lunch...” Said the nurse.


“Oh, uhm...Okay.” She said hesitantly. She gave me one more look and made her way out of the room, leaving me with the nurse.


“Anna...” Said the nurse looking at me. She didn't say anything, but she gestured for me to follow her. I walked over to her and followed her into her private office, separate from the infirmary which we were just in. She closed the door behind me and let out a big sigh. “I completely forgot he was in there... he’s going to be super pissed with me.”


“Uhm... Mrs.Thurber...” I said. “I feel like i've seen something i wasn't supposed to.” I said. “I-I’m sorry.”


“It’s not you're fault...” said the nurse. “Its partially mine for forgetting he was in there.” she said then giving me a fierce look. “So... what did you see?” she asked.


“Everything...” I said.


“Everything?” She said letting out a sigh. “It’s something that Nick has asked me to keep a secret for him. I hope i don't have to explain anything to you.” She said.


“uhm... i am kind of confused... but i’ll figure it out on me own.” I said wanting to avoid the awkward situation. “I’ll just...go walk to the girls restroom and then go have lunch... See ya later Mrs.Thurber.” I said leaving her office and walking out into the hallway. I stood there for a moment, and then made my way down the halls. I couldn't shake those images from my head. It’s not easy to just ignore those kinds of things. The guy i knew, is actually a girl? It would explain a lot of things actually. I think there's a name for somebody like him, but i forget what it is. I think it starts with T.


The whole day i was haunted by what i saw. Nick never showed up to lunch, or the class after that. He probably went home, i can't blame him. Even after school when i was home i still couldn't think straight, it all just came as such a shock. And its weird too because he makes such a believable boy too. His voice isn't too deep so guess he kinda sounds like a girl. The whole thing has my head spinning, and its hard to get my mind off the subject.


I even had a hard time getting sleep that night too...


© 2015 Shadowsythe


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

291 Views
Added on March 3, 2015
Last Updated on March 3, 2015


Author

Shadowsythe
Shadowsythe

Grafton, MA



About
I've always rather enjoyed writing as a hobby. It's a great way to escape the boring real world and create your own fantasies and realities. To shape worlds in your head and watch as they grow and dev.. more..

Writing