Ugly Me.

Ugly Me.

A Poem by AchingAlexandra
"

This is how I feel.... As always.

"
Here I go again,
Wiping away the tears,
with the smile I hate to wear.

I will once again become,
The energetic,
bubbly girl you all know,
and secretly hate.

I wish it didn't have to be this way,
I wish I could be myself,
But then I would have people,
yell at me,
and openly hate me.

So here I go again,
wiping away the tears,
with the smile I hate to wear,
another day survived,
because no one can see,
the real, ugly me.

© 2011 AchingAlexandra


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love you girly, good write but You are gorgeous inside and out don't let anyone tell you different!

Posted 13 Years Ago


lol...this is a real nice fix. You hate the you the whole world loves. And the world hates the you, you love.
Good Luck :P

Posted 13 Years Ago


it won't always be this way

great job on this

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the energy here, but it feels a bit too confidential. "The real ugly me" could be a million things, and that is what I wanted to know most. If you're presenting something to an audience, don't hold back anything, otherwise it can sound flat or like too much of an inside commentary. You want the reader to really hone in on those moments that are most intense or emotionally strong. Sometimes people aren't ready to express how they feel, and that's completely okay. It still feels like you might not be ready to confront this idea yet. But if you are, and just don't know how to approach it, try formulating some new ideas or brainstorming a different approach. As the poem stands right now, I could only guess as to what the issue is. I thought it could have been that you were gay, or that you were harboring some deep secret that people would not accept. But those may have only been guesses. Sorry if this was a blunt review, I just feel that everyone deserves an honest criticism every once in a while. Good Luck in the future. Hope this helped. And remember, don't shy away from anything you write. If you're ready to write it, tell it how it truly is. Thanks.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 1, 2011
Last Updated on March 1, 2011

Author

AchingAlexandra
AchingAlexandra

Canada



About
I'm a really nice person, but I have a lot of issues. I love writing, it helps ebb the regular pain I have. First name: Courtney Middle Name: Alexandra I'm purely myself. I don't change to fit.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lavender Lavender

A Poem by Robin