Inner Lock

Inner Lock

A Poem by AchingAlexandra

Lost within myself,

With no way of getting out,

People lock me here,

Without hearing me shout.

 

Misunderstood,

 The key is thrown away,

Lost inside my body,

With nothing else to say.

 

Someday to come forth,

And show you all were wrong,

I will break free,

Of these locks, not after long.

 

And that day when I smile,

Light will descend upon the earth,

For I will be genuine,

The day of my souls rebirth.

© 2010 AchingAlexandra


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Amazinggg

Posted 13 Years Ago


definitely well penned. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


The meaning of this poem is one of my favorite ones; expression. I doubt there's one thing I value more than that, and that you can capture the essence of being repressed and craving that time when you can release your being, within four stanzas, is really commendable.

How you can just feel like theres no way for your mind to escape the confines of your skull, and how people can just refuse to listen to somebody without even thinking twice, seems well conveyed through the first two stanzas.

I'm not too sure about the third, the the whole 'light descending upon the earth' and 'soul rebirth', as they seem like something that applies to a whole lot of people. Maybe since the poem's about personal expression and all (as I perceive it at least), you might use something more personal, but still understandable?

Overall, great message, really enjoyed it.

Posted 13 Years Ago



I liked it. kinda straight forward but I liked it nonetheless.
the story of self trapped within self consciousness had been told without hiding yet it still managed to drawn myself to it. The ending was pretty much the answers for all the paragraphs above.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 25, 2010
Last Updated on September 25, 2010

Author

AchingAlexandra
AchingAlexandra

Canada



About
I'm a really nice person, but I have a lot of issues. I love writing, it helps ebb the regular pain I have. First name: Courtney Middle Name: Alexandra I'm purely myself. I don't change to fit.. more..

Writing