The Thief that Stole the Sun (Prologue)

The Thief that Stole the Sun (Prologue)

A Chapter by Seranatis
"

The opening of a stand-alone book that take's place in the same universe as my book series Tyria.

"

Prologue



Within a shroud of darkness it stood silent, moving from one shadow to the next within the confines of the tower. Its body dexterous and swift as it moved from one patch of shadows to the next in its enclosing covers. Breathing shallow, it lowered its hood slightly to reveal short auburn hair cropped around the back roughly with a dagger or by another similar type of blade.

Its breath was faint, you wouldn't even had realised it was even there to begin with unless it chose to reveal itself, and even then it would have been to kill an obstacle that could cause an alarm. The face of a young man, stared out from the shadows, with eyes far older and ancient that belied the young man's face that they rested upon. His breathes grew more shallow as he poised and tensed his body to move again to his next hidden enclave of black shadows.

The tower he moved in stretched high into the sky, past the cloud and into the ongoing twilight above, to touch the stars that glittered so proud and beautiful. The tower of Rulden had always been. Since as far back as could be remembered, a place that had always existed since the world was first formed. Its people, the followers of the 'entity' that existed within the confines of the spiralling tower began to live there just as soon as the tower's appearance, or so the legends were told. A mysterious people who never ventured outside their home and remained within, always guarding and protecting what lay above at the very peak of the Tower of Rulden. The doors had never opened once to outsiders, and this hadn't changed in more then a thousand years.

The man, shrouded in his swirling living darkness that covered his body was the first outsider to enter the tower, though by sneaking inside rather then given entrance as a guest to the people inside.
As he moved around, the man had nearly reached the top of the tower, nearly at the prize he'd been seeking. Opening a door carefully, light poured outwards in a bright shine, a light that would of blinded his eyes with its bright, pure light, was dimmed to just a sharp glare in the corners of his eyes by the veils that flowed over his body and face.
As he pushed the door, it swung silently open and he slipped through. His eyes widened for a mere moment as it gazed upon its treasure.

In between a meeting of two smaller spires that fell and rose from the floor and ceiling, an orb of immense light and brightness spun constantly. The man edged forwards, his eyes darting left and right to check for any guardians before he removed a container of living shadow from beneath his own cloak of living shadow and inched closer to the spinning orb. Within a moment he swept the bag around the orb and the light was gone, and the room was filled with pure darkness. Quickly the man put his prize back beneath his cloak from where he had taken the bag and began to run, not caring any more for stealth or silence. As he continued to run he came to an opening in the wall that could have been noted as a window by a passer-by, and jumped out to the ground below, a drop hundreds of leagues to the ground and his cloak of shadow spread itself apart to to split down the middle. The two pieces straightened out into a form similar to wings yet they remained unmoving. Updrafts of air rushed past underneath that lifted the man back up for a moment before he fell again, slowly downwards as the air pushing up into his cloak slowed his fall. The thief glided to the ground, a many, many number of leagues away from the tower and left into the night.


The Sunwarden woke from his sleep abruptly and gazed outside, his eyes still a little heavy from his abrupt awakening. He looked outside of his window across the hall of his sleeping chamber and stared out. It was still night outside, to early for him to rise from his bed. Stretching his arms, he prepared to sleep again underneath his bed covers. As his eyes began to close and he slowly began to drift off to sleep, a voice boomed throughout the tower, shaking every stone and wall within.

MY LIGHT AND MY WARMTH HAVE BEEN STOLEN FROM ME!” the voice roared, the voice echoing and reaching across all of the sky, a voice filled with fury and seething with anger. The voice that bellowed, that also echoed inside the mind of Archwarden of the Sun who sat up instantly, the beads of sweat beginning to glisten on his face as a rush of panic began to form.

The Sun” he whispered almost silently. “The Sun has been stolen”



© 2014 Seranatis


Author's Note

Seranatis
Feel free to give your opinions, I suspect they're may be one or two grammer issues still as I haven't looked at this for quite awhile, still, I hope you enjoy it and the rest that'll follow in time.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on June 2, 2014
Last Updated on June 2, 2014
Tags: Fantasy, Shadow, Light, Friends, Allies, Unlikely, Action, Adventure, friendship


Author

Seranatis
Seranatis

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom



About
Not a massive amount to say, grew up in Birmingham, England. Currently waiting on VISA approval so I can get married to my Fianceé in the States. I'm into anything generally but i personally pr.. more..

Writing