Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A Chapter by Mary

I knocked softly on Chase’s bedroom door. I could hear him rustle around trying to make his way to his door. “Go away, Ashton.” He said loudly through the door. Was he really mad? “Chase. Please, talk to me.” I begged. I leaned against the door. “Why are you upset?”

It was silent for a moment before Chase swung the door open and I toppled to the ground. As I rubbed my head, Chase huffed loudly. “Do you like him?” He questioned loudly. I stood up and glared at him. “What do you mean?” I snapped. He grew closer to me. “You just met this kid. And now you’re all buddy, buddy?” He was angry and it was starting to scare me. I hesitated and he yanked me by my shirt. Inches away from my face, he turned red. “Am I not good enough for you anymore, Ash?” He cried. I looked into his watery eyes. “Chase you’re overreacting.” I whispered trying to pull away. His grip got tighter and he got closer. “Overreacting? Overreacting?! I told you I loved you!” He shouted. He pushed me away and I fell onto the bed.

I could feel my face get hot and my eyes get watery. Chase had never gotten this way. He never overreacted so much. I watched him pace back and forth. He slapped his hand on hijs forehead and said, “I love you, Ashton. I can’t stand the thought of losing you.” He crawled ontop of me and sat on my stomach. He leaned in and started to kiss me. I could feel his tongue as he tried to make his way into my mouth. But after his fit, I wasn’t ready for it. I pushed him off of me and stood up. He looked confused and hurt but I stared at him long and hard. “I can’t do this.” I whispered right before turning and leaving the room.

 

As I walked down the hall leading to the exit, I could hear heavy breathing and footsteps behind me. Trying hard not to turn around, I started to walk faster.

“Ashton!” A voice called. I swerved around to find Corey breathless and running up to me. “What’s wrong?” I asked kind of panicked. “I’ve been looking for you all over! I wanted to give you this!” He exclaimed handing me a folded up napkin with seven numbers scribbled on it. I smiled and he wiped his hair from is forehead. “I mean, it’s just in case you needed to reach me for something, ya know?” he whispered sort of embarrassed. I smirked again and tapped his shoulder before turning and leaving the building.

 

I must say, getting home was the worst part of that night. Mom was immediately on my case. “Where were you? You had us worried sick.” She questioned once I walked inside. I started up the stairs trying to ignore her. “I asked you a question.” She growled. I turned to face her. My mom was tall and skinny. She had black hair  and wrinkles on her face. Her eyes were big and so were the dark bags under them.

“I was with Chase.” I replied angrily. I was never an angry person but with her and Dad, I was different. “What were you doing with Chase? Were you doing drugs? Drinking? Did you gang rape some girl?” She asked getting closer to me. I started to back up the stairs. Did she even know what a gang rape was? “Mom, we just hung out. Can I please go take a shower?” I pleaded. She moved a strand of hair from her face and sighed loudly. “Your dad is upset, Ashton.” She huffed as I turned and made my way upstairs. “Like always.” I mumbled.

 

I sat in the bathroom letting the steam from the shower consume me. I sat on the toilet-seat down- in nothing but boxers. I could feel sweat roll down my face and onto my chest. I let my head fall back while I listened to the steady flow from the shower head.

I stood up and smoothly slipped out of my boxers letting them fall around my ankles. I shivered at the sudden breeze that passed me. Stepping out, I opened the shower curtain getting a slight mist hitting my body. I stepped over the bathtub ledge and into the water. The tiny beads of water hit my back and head in a perfect rhythm. I backed up a bit and let some water fall over my face. This was my only kind of paradise. I hummed in pleasure as the water massaged my back.

In that moment, I started to think about Chase. He loved me. I turned to face the water. I wasn’t sure if I felt the same anymore. I mean, I loved him. Well, I thought I did. I sat down on the tub floor and let the water hit my face. It was so much for me. I didn’t know what to think.

 

I must have fell asleep in bed around midnight. I knew if I stayed up and thought about Chase, I’d only hurt myself. The best I could do was dream of another, a better world.



© 2011 Mary


Author's Note

Mary
Please no homophobic comments.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
Added on July 29, 2011
Last Updated on July 29, 2011


Author

Mary
Mary

Las Vegas, NV



About
Mary. Fifteen. Amateur. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Mary


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Mary